Day out help!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Ok im due for a major shopping trip on july 1st and its been planned for 5 months now, well before i started exante. The deal was my mate brought the train tickets and i'll buy lunch!!! :( We're going to wetherspoons and iv found a few things on the menu i might be able to have (really dont want to kick myself out of ketosis!)
What would be best........

Smoked Haddock and Mozzarella Fishcake
With tartare sauce. 234kcal

Superfood Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Butternut squash, spinach, edamame soya beans, broccoli, fine green beans, pomegranate seed and red chard with Balsamic Vinaigrette 279kcal (added chargrilled chicken 468kcal)(with salmon 558kcal)

looking at the whole menu i dont know what would be best
sorry for the essay! :)

pizzle84 said:
Ok im due for a major shopping trip on july 1st and its been planned for 5 months now, well before i started exante. The deal was my mate brought the train tickets and i'll buy lunch!!! :( We're going to wetherspoons and iv found a few things on the menu i might be able to have (really dont want to kick myself out of ketosis!)
What would be best........

Smoked Haddock and Mozzarella Fishcake
With tartare sauce. 234kcal

Superfood Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Butternut squash, spinach, edamame soya beans, broccoli, fine green beans, pomegranate seed and red chard with Balsamic Vinaigrette 279kcal (added chargrilled chicken 468kcal)(with salmon 558kcal)

looking at the whole menu i dont know what would be best
sorry for the essay! :)

Fish cakes have potato in so big no no

I'd also avoid the pomegranate and butternut squash

An easy rule to follow is White protein green veg
But any protein as long as not breaded etc should be ok
Chicken salad, steak and salad, chicken and green veg, fish and veg/salad

Hope that helps

Most places you can get the steak with salad instead of chips
Things like mixed grill are also low carb just higher cals

so if i got an 8oz steak with salad that would be fine? what if i get the peas and mushroom with it too would that be ok?

pizzle84 said:
so if i got an 8oz steak with salad that would be fine? what if i get the peas and mushroom with it too would that be ok?

Steak and salad would be fine :)
I think heard someone say peas were fairly high carb considering they were green veg but not sure maybe someone else can help I avoid them because I'm not a fan
Mushrooms are ok but don't have too many as they aren't carb free :)

hmmm think i'll just stick with the plain salad and steak! maybe get a bigger steak to fill me up a bit more.

very true!!

i think i'll just have the salad and steak, stick to the safest option.

Back