Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Attack Day two done! Final day begins...

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by stmcalee01, 10 August 2011 Social URL.

1. stmcalee01

stmcalee01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating
    Hi All,

This morning I have just tucked into scrambled eggs and smoked mackrel (yummy!) - idea nicked from wheest :D

Well I hopped on the scales this morning and have put 1lb back on but I also have a horrid hormone spot on my chin and a dull ache in my back so I guess it is totm.
    Is this normal??? (the weight gain I mean, not totm!)

Am looking forward to some veggies tomorrow and am contemplating making a lovely chicken soup.

Am also thinking about the coaching. Is it worth it?

Last edited: 10 August 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Poppy03

Poppy03 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.43%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Stab
    TOTM gain is water and yes can be normal. Good luck with your last day on PP and dream of those veggies :) Generally the people on here tend to suggest that coaching is not worth it but it would be up to you of course. I assume you have the book? I did it via this site and the book and didn't really need anything else.

4. m-mouse

m-mouse Not very good at this!

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(30.28%)
    Diet:
    dukan - conso
    Smoked fish can also cause water retention.

5. stmcalee01

stmcalee01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating
    Thanks ladies,

Will see what tomorrow brings!

Was just a bit gutted to be honest.

6. Taffy Girl

Taffy Girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.24%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I can gain 3lbs easily around my TOTM and again mid-cycle around ovulation - Its flipping annoying, especially when you've been good, but I always like the big loss the following week. Stick at it x

7. Jamie81

Jamie81 New Member

Well done Poppy :). I must admit I was very sceptical about this diet at first, not really believing the science. As a result, I have pretty much avoided the scales during my first 8 days, save for weighing myself at the start, after 3 days and after 8 days. Very surprised to see I lost half a kilo three days in and .7 kg yesterday morning - 1.2kg in total. Given that I follow a pretty low carb diet generally, I was not expecting to see huge water loss. I feel I am eating GINORMOUS amounts of food though so that was a part of my lack of conviction. I am pretty much living on lean chicken, low fat ham and lean beef, steak, prawns and 0% or 2% Greek yogs with Splenda, sometimes stewed rhubarb, which I lurve, so much so that I haven't worried about variety or gourmet meals, just delighted that I can eat the things I love with abandon. I have added in some dry fried courgettes, asparagus with a dash of soy and steamed broccoli now the first 5 days have passed. We shall see what happens when I next get the courage to step up to the scales again ... :) :)

Last edited: 10 August 2011
  8. Jamie81

Jamie81 New Member

... Oh, and have also lobbed in a few bits of Dukan bread and porridge, just in case hunger pangs dare to reveal themselves!

9. stmcalee01

stmcalee01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating
    Wow Jamie, You are doing really well.

Keep up the good work.

10. wheesht

wheesht Just keep swimming...

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(19.77%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    You are doing great stmc. Definitely agree about the fluid retention round totm - I can put on 4lbs easily around then.

Another lb off for me so that's 4lb in two days which ain't bad! Am starving today though as I haven't had enough to eat today so going to have a big dinner when I get home.

Got a pounding headache today... need to drink some more water I think.

11. Dolly2

Dolly2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Menu sounds scrum my for brekkie, let's hops the gain is a totm blip.
    Well done for getting through attack, I still have a way to go on it and today was drooling all over the :family2: jacket potatos and salad!! However yesterday I was craving salmon so we all enjoyed some of that tonight.

I have readva lot of negative feedback regarding the coaching and it is very expensive, i think the support and wisdom on this site, coupled with the fantastic and creative menu thread should offer a higher level of Tuition than what I can see you would gain on it...... Hopefully someone who is registered will bel alble to offer a true opinion....

Dolly

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.