Day5 - Hunger pangs...=|

ThinDilema

:confused: Why am I still hungry?? Am I not in Ketosis? Ive not swayed from the diet ONCE! and Im still feeling slightly nauseus and my bellys hurting :( I dont understand :(

Im getting worried now Im not going to lose weight...god im so irrational but I keep thinking 'youll never be slim...your the fat girl'

Please help :cry:
LotsofLove
Rachiie -ox-

Hiya :)

Ok Ketosis can take a while to kick in, it depends really on how much carb you had in your body before starting the diet, therefore just keep doing what you are doing so very well and you'll be fine.

Trust me everyone loses weight on Lighterlife! If you do it by the book then it is impossible not to reduce weight as you are on less than 500 calories a day.

My advice therefore is to make sure you follow the guidance, which you are! and then get ready to be slim! Once the weight starts to drop you won't believe how quickly you will be out buying smaller clothes and laughing your way to the slim person you can and will be.

Go for it!

Mike

Hi TD

You definately worry too much. As Mike says it's impossible not to lose on LL, and I'm sure you'll agree there are so many fantastic demonstrations of that on this site.

The change from 'normal' eating to packs seems to affect everyone differently, and you just seem unlucky ot be still suffering side effects on day 5. I'm certain they will pass, but phone your LLC for reassurance - that's whet they're there for.

Also ask yourself if you are really hungry or just missing food. Honestly. I find myself thinking about food and then my stomach starts to rumble, but if I'm busy & away from a food environment I don't have any twinges at all.

I hope this helps & that you feel better soon

Are you drinking enough water? And I don't mean "LL says drink 2ltrs so I drink 2ltrs", I mean are you drinking the water that YOU need?
I know that if I don't have at least 3ltrs a day, I feel achey tired and my stomach feels different to normal (well, normal for LL anyway!)

Never underestimate the power of a glass of water to whisk away feeling 'hungry' very quickly!

Also, don't confuse feeling 'empty' with feeling hungry.

For the duration of this diet you are going to feel very 'empty' in your stomach (obviously!) - you'll learn to love it, honestly!

As Sean said, it could also be that you are simply missing eating something, it's still really early days for you yet and no doubt your body is still adapting to what is happening to it.

But try not to worry so much, Rachiie, and icemoose said it spot on, if you are sticking to LL, you HAVE to lose weight, it is impossible not to.

So just try and enjoy it :)
x

Hiya Rachiie!

In my first week, I really suffered, because I had a very high sugar/carb diet before LL. Days 3 - 5 were my absolute most horrible days and they fell over the weekend, so I was home on my own just suffering!!

Just keep at it. I did and I nearly fainted when I saw how much I lost on my first week, I convinced myself I hadn't lost anything at all!!!

B x

Back