Daz FINALLY has a food diary

I know what you mean. Sometimes you have to go with how you feel though, I know that my clothes aren't so tight even if the scales don't show massive losses.

Have a good day anyhoo! :)

I know what you mean. Sometimes you have to go with how you feel though, I know that my clothes aren't so tight even if the scales don't show massive losses.

Have a good day anyhoo! :)

I actually see my face as being thinner and yet i cannot get it ti budge from the tummy. Grrrrr. I WILL bloody beat this.

Evening Daz - glad the scales are back down somewhat - I still think a new battery wouldnt go amiss. Dont let it knock your confidence that could be the road to ruin. You do right to draw a line and carry on it will pay off :D

Evening Daz - glad the scales are back down somewhat - I still think a new battery wouldnt go amiss. Dont let it knock your confidence that could be the road to ruin. You do right to draw a line and carry on it will pay off :D

Ordered some last night, actually went for branded ones rather than cheap and cheerful, broke my heart paying that compared to the usual, lol. But the wii was saying the same as well so im not thinking it will do anything, apart from perhaps make me feel confident that they are right each time.

Onwards and downwards as they say. Fingers crossed. If it goes at the same rate as last week, even with the upshift, i will be at 12 stone which will make my day. It has just been out of reach for so damned long.

Ordered some last night, actually went for branded ones rather than cheap and cheerful, broke my heart paying that compared to the usual, lol. But the wii was saying the same as well so im not thinking it will do anything, apart from perhaps make me feel confident that they are right each time.

Onwards and downwards as they say. Fingers crossed. If it goes at the same rate as last week, even with the upshift, i will be at 12 stone which will make my day. It has just been out of reach for so damned long.

Lol you will have to rob a bank. You will get there, your determination will spur you on.

the 4lbs I want off seem to be evading me you would think it wouldnt be that difficult to lose a piddly amount but oh no Its still playing bloody hide n seek with me.

Lol you will have to rob a bank. You will get there, your determination will spur you on.

the 4lbs I want off seem to be evading me you would think it wouldnt be that difficult to lose a piddly amount but oh no Its still playing bloody hide n seek with me.

I was ok for ages, confident that i could do this, due to it all falling off at the beginning, but i still reckon that was mainly water from the issues and lack of mobility wouldn't have helped. But now i am back to where i was pre the stroke and that is now proving difficult to shift.

Just found this online and had a go, very simple, very lovely, and very much more needed.
The only thing that I question with all of the recipes that involve cheese, does nobody else drink tea and coffee through the day? I use the healthy extra on milk, totally. Perhaps i drink far to much coffee?

Serves 1 (but you can scale up as required)

Syn free on Extra Easy and Green (if using the cheese as a Healthy Extra, otherwise 6 syns)

Ingredients:
100g dried pasta
28g blue cheese (a strong one is good as you are using so little) (HEA or 6 syns)
1 large red onion, sliced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon sweetener
Fry Light

Method:

1. Gently cook the onions in Fry Light until they begin to soften, then add the balsamic, water and sweetener and contine to cook over a low heat until the liquid is gone and the onions are soft and caramelised (I cooked mine for at least 20 minutes in total)
  2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions
  3. Drain the pasta and then crumble in the blue cheese and stir to melt it a bit. Mix in the caramelised onions and serve.

View attachment 130640

Hmmm sounds nice!
I thought for a second ur pasta was pickled onions :giggle:

Sounds yummy, I can't help with the milk as I only drink soya milk & that isn't every day, most days I just have my hexa on cheese I can easily do without milk.

Sounds yummy, I can't help with the milk as I only drink soya milk & that isn't every day, most days I just have my hexa on cheese I can easily do without milk.

I find that amazing, but as i say i do drink a bit of coffee throughout a day. In fact i drink the whole 300 ml allowance for 1% milk in coffee, except for a little bit on the cereals in the morning. Perhaps i need to cut down? To be fair a lot of it is boredom, sitting here all day with almost nothing to do, making a coffee breaks the monotony.

Pasta looks great Daz and sounds delish.

Hmmm Milk - I only have 1 cup of tea a day (if that) I dont drink coffee. If I do use milk its on cereal which leaves me enough for my 1 cuppa if I want it. I use semi skimmed milk. I use mine on cheese mostly. I dont think your having too much as your having your daily allowance which is what is required to make the plan work. Tea and coffee are free, do you use sugar or sweeteners?

What about having 2/3 of your plate supergfree instead of 1/3? Still have your healthy extras as allowed and see how you go?

Do you snack in between meals? if so what on and what do you use your syns on?

What about writing everything down that passes your lips ( like an SAS log). Not just i.e salad, veg, break down what the salad and veg are.

Just trying to think of things that might help you as I know how frustrating it is to stick for ages

Pasta looks great Daz and sounds delish.

Hmmm Milk - I only have 1 cup of tea a day (if that) I dont drink coffee. If I do use milk its on cereal which leaves me enough for my 1 cuppa if I want it. I use semi skimmed milk. I use mine on cheese mostly. I dont think your having too much as your having your daily allowance which is what is required to make the plan work. Tea and coffee are free, do you use sugar or sweeteners?

What about having 2/3 of your plate supergfree instead of 1/3? Still have your healthy extras as allowed and see how you go?

Do you snack in between meals? if so what on and what do you use your syns on?

What about writing everything down that passes your lips ( like an SAS log). Not just i.e salad, veg, break down what the salad and veg are.

Just trying to think of things that might help you as I know how frustrating it is to stick for ages

It is concise this end, just dont write it on here. I stopped sugar completely last year, no sweeteners. I dont snack, unless its fruit. Trust me i am diligent, the only syns i have are a hot chocolate, a medley bar or stuff within ingredients for a recipe, and ALL counted. I have access to slimming world online so use the tool to check syns etc. The ONLY thing that i can see that i can do is eat plates of veg and nothing else. Thats how it bloody feels. iI have found a challenge online today, eat 10 items per day, 8 free and 2 superfreee i think it says, and i have ordered a big shop from asda to be delivered tomorrow.

Im happy with cereal with a bit of milk, didnt like it with yogurt, certainly cannot eat it dry. I have changed in that i have shredded wheat now, which are actually listed as a healthy extra unlike the cereal i have been using. But if that will make a difference i dont know.

I dont snack, unless its fruit. Trust me i am diligent, the only syns i have are a hot chocolate, a medley bar or stuff within ingredients for a recipe, and ALL counted.

what about that custard slice couple days ago ;)

I assumed from ur stats ur doin sw from home... can i ask how u hav access to the website? Or has it changed?

what about that custard slice couple days ago ;)

I assumed from ur stats ur doin sw from home... can i ask how u hav access to the website? Or has it changed?

Haha, any reference to a cake or something indulgent like that, is purely tongue in cheek, and i mean, my tongue, not the cake. Although i sometimes wonder why i deny myself when im not achieving anything anyway.

I do have a logic in my head that has been there for ages, in that i have so much fat on my belly (that is where it all resides now) that it could just be taking an age to get it to start shifting. I do see myself in the mirror as thinner facially, and people are still telling me that i am losing weight, so god only knows what is going on.

It is concise this end, just dont write it on here. I stopped sugar completely last year, no sweeteners. I dont snack, unless its fruit. Trust me i am diligent, the only syns i have are a hot chocolate, a medley bar or stuff within ingredients for a recipe, and ALL counted. I have access to slimming world online so use the tool to check syns etc. The ONLY thing that i can see that i can do is eat plates of veg and nothing else. Thats how it bloody feels. iI have found a challenge online today, eat 10 items per day, 8 free and 2 superfreee i think it says, and i have ordered a big shop from asda to be delivered tomorrow.

Im happy with cereal with a bit of milk, didnt like it with yogurt, certainly cannot eat it dry. I have changed in that i have shredded wheat now, which are actually listed as a healthy extra unlike the cereal i have been using. But if that will make a difference i dont know.

I hope you dont think I was picking fault young man lol - I know your meticulous. Not heard of that challenge before but anything is worth a try. :D

Edit : now that I have read it I have heard of it lol I think Cookie did the challenge

I hope you dont think I was picking fault young man lol - I know your meticulous. Not heard of that challenge before but anything is worth a try. :D

Haha, see, even you now Mother, misreading the written word, i would never see you as picking fault, just saying as it is here, but without throwing in a smiley every now and again. You know me, i only see peoples input as helpful advice. Its just that i am not concise enough to say that most of what is suggested is already being done.

Back