Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Hey rant away, I've gained for the last 3 weeks & the last two feel like I've stuck to plan, I've had a sneaky peak at the scales & they don't lookie likie a loss, so I'm feeling a tad fed up. Even though times like these really get to me I know the plan does work.

Yep take the pressure off, just don't go mad;)

Not sure what to say daz apart from although its hard try stay positive and think how well uv done so far.

everyone needs a rant now and again. Even spreadsheeters :)

Looking good so far :)

Dont give up

The trouble being is that i have been eating like this pretty much for ages. And yet i am getting nowhere.

Making a concerted effort to keep the syns low as im out for dinner tomorrow, and i will have a couple of pints of ale. In fact, if i have no syns today i can afford 3 pints tomorrow. lol.

The next post is a set of guidelines for the challenges that I moderate the sheet on, please ignore, i just needed somewhere to post them so i can link them onto my signature.

Challenge guidelines

Post in the relative thread that you want to be added to the sheet, with the amount you wish to lose over the duration of the challenge.
Each week, after your official weigh in, post in the thread what you have lost (or gained) so that I can add it to the sheet.

Anybody can join the challenges, no matter what food plan you are on.

Join at any time, even after the challenge has started. If you do so then please state if you are starting from that day or if you have figures for the weeks already passed.

Post figures when you can in the relative thread. There is no need to apologise for being late, it is not school. But, if you are declaring in a week that is different from the week the figures relate to then please say so in the post. It just means the figure will go into the right coloumn.

To view the sheet click on the picture of it, this will bring it out from the thread. Click it again and it will open in its own page. Another click, somewhere near to your listing, will zoom it out to see better.

The sheet will be updated as and when i can get on here to do so and posted with each persons post quoted above the sheet. If i miss you for any reason then please point it out to me.

As brilliant as I am the perfection is just a little way off so at times I will make a mistake. Please don't moan at me. Its not done on purpose. I have flaws. (very few, granted) but mistakes happen. Again, just give me a poke and I will amend accordingly.

If you are away on your holibobs or for some reason cannot declare figures one week, just let me know so that I can mark the sheet. Its not imperative but it will stop you from being shown as absent with a black mark.

On that last point, the black absent marks are automatic. If there is no figure put into the relative box before the next week beginning date then it will go black. If you are late declaring the black will go as soon as I input your figure.

If you have issues seeing the sheet on a phone/tablet/etc for any reason (usually down to size, in this instance, too big is NOT a good thing) please ask for a snippet of the sheet when you declare your figure. I can post a view of just your section of the sheet for easy reading.

Remember, its not a race to get to your target, its about having the discipline to try to reach it, and then stay there. If you are lucky enough to reach it within a week or 2 don't run off thinking job done. The idea is to achieve target for the whole challenge.
If you feel that you are way off after a week or three then don't give up, just ask for your target to be lowered. Better that and still having a focus than giving up altogether. If you do decide to leave the challenge then for the sake of figures accuracy please let me know so that i can mark the sheet.

This is not a set of rules. The challenges are just something fun and visual to help with your weight loss. I am not here to shout at people for not doing things, I just designed and moderate the spreadsheet. There is no need to apologise to me for anything, don't feel that you need to explain an absence, or anything that generally sees me as an ogre running a stringent set of rules. (im actually a nice person. Mostly. :D )

It is your challenge, enjoy it.

Good luck.

(This can be added to at any time, namely when i have something worth moaning about.....sorry, that needs clarifying. :8855: )

Last edited:
The trouble being is that i have been eating like this pretty much for ages. And yet i am getting nowhere.

Making a concerted effort to keep the syns low as im out for dinner tomorrow, and i will have a couple of pints of ale. In fact, if i have no syns today i can afford 3 pints tomorrow. lol.

Im just glad ur not giving up completely!!
I cant wait to say ive lost as much as u hav :)

Im just glad ur not giving up completely!!
I cant wait to say ive lost as much as u hav :)

Was never giving up completely, only being in the challenges. I shall still post in here and for now i will still do my food sheet, but im not going to break my neck on it now. If i can maintain where i am even by having a piece of cake then i shall. Just fed up of eating carefully and going up in weight.

I always forget how much i have lost, but to be fair that all came off between June 1st and November 1st last year. Ever since then i have been static. And that is hard to take after losing 3 stone in 5 months.

Hmmmm, 35 syns to spare today, could be a cheeky beer or 2 while taking Mother out for dinner. 7 syns per pint = 5 pints. :D

Back