Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Actually its the total opposite, doing things are good for trying to retrain the brain.

The vertigo, bear with me on this one :-

I had benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) as well as severe vertigo due to the stroke. Of course a stroke can cause an amount of brain damage, and while it is possible to retrain the brain, to teach it different pathways to be able to do things again, it is a slow process.

But while i have been doing that the brain taught itself that vertigo was normal. So, in effect, my brain only thinks that i have vertigo and i don't actually have it.

Still with me?

So, obstacles and things that make me do stuff are good for me, as long as i do it safely, which i do.

So tomorrow i will be swinging from the rafters and climbing up drainpipes. :8855:

Lol ah so its you I read about in those books swinging from the chandeliers and jumping from the tops of wardrobes hehe

Yeah what your saying makes sense - see I stayed with ya lol I can be bright sometimes

Detention for a severe lack of observation young lady. Post 703 i think it was. ;)

They were ok, something different. I shall enjoy the rest of them but it wouldn't be a must make again thing.

oh c'mon tis late! And i only skimmed the ramblings in which i got VERY lost lol
i shall relook the ramblings *does walk of shame*

Actually its the total opposite, doing things are good for trying to retrain the brain.

The vertigo, bear with me on this one :-

I had benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) as well as severe vertigo due to the stroke. Of course a stroke can cause an amount of brain damage, and while it is possible to retrain the brain, to teach it different pathways to be able to do things again, it is a slow process.

But while i have been doing that the brain taught itself that vertigo was normal. So, in effect, my brain only thinks that i have vertigo and i don't actually have it.

Still with me?

So, obstacles and things that make me do stuff are good for me, as long as i do it safely, which i do.

So tomorrow i will be swinging from the rafters and climbing up drainpipes. :8855:

I am totally with you on that one. Had a complete lack of balance after my stroke last November. It's the crappiest feeling I've ever come across, even opening my eyes would give me the feeling I was doing a handstand on a fast carousel. Only the travel sickness remained, but hey, it's good for my weight loss to walk more ;-)

I am totally with you on that one. Had a complete lack of balance after my stroke last November. It's the crappiest feeling I've ever come across, even opening my eyes would give me the feeling I was doing a handstand on a fast carousel. Only the travel sickness remained, but hey, it's good for my weight loss to walk more ;-)

Think i am stuck with mine for life, its been 2 years now and as much as it has eased a little it is still very much restricting what i can do. Only the other day they gave me an indefinite award of the mobility component of disability living allowance, and that was without anybody checking me over, so even they must think i have it for life. lol.

I live in hope that one morning i will get up and it will be gone.

Think i am stuck with mine for life, its been 2 years now and as much as it has eased a little it is still very much restricting what i can do. Only the other day they gave me an indefinite award of the mobility component of disability living allowance, and that was without anybody checking me over, so even they must think i have it for life. lol.

I live in hope that one morning i will get up and it will be gone.

I too have vertigo, I had brain surgery back in 2007 during which I suffered a stroke, I've suffered with severe vertigo ever since. I did have a labyrithectomy to remove one of my inner ears on an effort to improve things but sadly this has not had much effect and I still rely on crutches for my balance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I too have vertigo, I had brain surgery back in 2007 during which I suffered a stroke, I've suffered with severe vertigo ever since. I did have a labyrithectomy to remove one of my inner ears on an effort to improve things but sadly this has not had much effect and I still rely on crutches for my balance.

I would never have guessed before i had the stroke but it does seem to be a very common thing. I had hardly heard of vertigo, bppv, labrynthitis, etc, and yet now its everywhere. The problem being that people without it or with no experience have no idea. Only the other week, while attempting to have a walk outside with out my stick, a bloke looked at me with disgust, no doubt thinking that i was almost legless from alcohol, ignorant man.

I would never have guessed before i had the stroke but it does seem to be a very common thing. I had hardly heard of vertigo, bppv, labrynthitis, etc, and yet now its everywhere. The problem being that people without it or with no experience have no idea. Only the other week, while attempting to have a walk outside with out my stick, a bloke looked at me with disgust, no doubt thinking that i was almost legless from alcohol, ignorant man.

I've had much the same happen to me.....dents your confidence a lot when it happens huh? People can be horrible.Can I ask....have you suffered with ' bouncy vision' alongside the vertigo ( like someone is running whilst filming a video) when you walk? I'm still getting this quite badly.

I've had much the same happen to me.....dents your confidence a lot when it happens huh? People can be horrible.Can I ask....have you suffered with ' bouncy vision' alongside the vertigo ( like someone is running whilst filming a video) when you walk? I'm still getting this quite badly.

After that idiot i had to take a detour, my confidence was knocked to a point that i didn't feel that i could walk what we call "waterpath", a narrow pathway with a drop of about 3ft on one side into the shallow river that runs down through.

Never had that. All i have suffered with is a sense of unbalance, mainly outside now, when i am walking forward i cannot look left and right safely as i will fall over. I actually have to stop totally and look around slowly. This of course is useless when confronted with a busy road.

Its almost like when i turn my head left and right the eyes cannot keep up with the brain, so i lose vision to a degree and also feel that i will fall over. But its only when stood, if i am sat down its all ok. But still not perfect.

Think i have eaten enough fruit and veg today to last me a bloody week.

Chow mein, was nice, kids recipe found online (link here)

Think i am doing well with bringing the syns back in as well after the 65 i used on Sunday. Will be seen tomorrow if i have shed the beer weight again.
:break_diet:

View attachment 131743

Not too bad thanks :) I've had my painkillers so looking forward to a good night's sleep.

How are you? X

All good here thanks, getting by as one does. Trying to work out my telly, god only knows whats going on. Channels are all over the place, cannot find anything where it is supposed to be.

Sleep, not something i struggle with, but its a bit annoying always being awake early in the mornings. Usually up and about anywhere from 6 onwards. Wouldn't mind if i had something to get up for.

Hello Daz :) Just thought I would come and send some encouragement your way! Is it weigh in day today? xxxx

Grrr to your telly... Has it always been like that or it has just started doing it recently? Sounds odd. Not that I would have the foggiest idea on how to fix it! :D
How are you today? X

Afternoon Daz,hope you got your telly sorted ;)

Grrr to your telly... Has it always been like that or it has just started doing it recently? Sounds odd. Not that I would have the foggiest idea on how to fix it! :D
How are you today? X

Hello Daz :) Just thought I would come and send some encouragement your way! Is it weigh in day today? xxxx

Telly all sorted, had a lead arrive today so i could go back to ordinary telly rather than the satellite set up. From what i can gather the satellite tuners built into tellies tend to be just a tuner and not specific to anybody, ie sky, freesat, etc, so they find all the channels and just list them in the order found, unlike with branded tuners where they list them in the order of the brands set up. If that makes sense? I shall sit there one day and go through the channels and order them into the right numbers. Could be a long job though.

Not much doing today, popped over and did the dog duty at lunch time and then have pretty much been sleepy all afternoon, i think that was yesterdays shopping trip caught up with me. Apart from that i have been playing with the challenge sheet and getting more of it to work automatically.

Weigh day for me is Friday Jess. Still got a bit of time to get some weight off before then. Touch wood im going the right way again after Sundays beer indulgence.

Back