Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Daz malt loaf is 4 syns for 26gms, you don't get a lot for 26grms!!!!

Daz malt loaf is 4 syns for 26gms, you don't get a lot for 26grms!!!!

To be fair, i expect i had just over half, so roughly 120g or so, which would be around 19 syns. I had a tiny bit of grated cheese on my lunch, and some garlic mayo on my chicken salad for dinner, so all in all, with the reduced amount of syns ive had this last week, i think i shall be ok with my indulgence. :D

Weekly syns seem to be the way to go - means you can have the odd indulgent day

Just been cooking from scratch of late, no recipes from books. I did make a dry rub for a chicken the other day and cooked it on the spit in the new machine, came out really well. But i have been good in that i am eating it with salad instead of a full blown roast.

I think that book is "lite bite lunches" but don't quote me on that, i would need to go back through my Facebook feed to find it again. Mother knows which one it is and will enlighten us in due course. :D

I ate over half of a malt loaf last night (no cheese), not sure what the syns factor would be on that, but again, no movement on the scales, exact same weight as I have been every morning for 8 days now. I think my body has gone on strike. lol.

Thanks Daz :). I'm glad your new machine has worked out well for you and you are enjoying cooking on it. That chicken sounds yum, well done for completing it with salad, that's a wise and healthy choice, plus it's the perfect weather for salad now, well its getting there lol . I've started eating a lot more of them too.

The book is called Slimming World's book of Lite Bites, I looked it up in the end. I'm still not sure if its more snacks then lunches. I'm going to my new group on Thursday so will findout. I've never tried malt loaf, what does it taste like and what are u supposed to eat it with ? I think I heard Sheila mention she's had it before too ?

Kay xx

Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr malt loaf yum yum lol. I have mine with cheese ( I can see Daz cringing now lol) Its like a sticky fruit loaf Kay I love the stuff but high syns and you dont get much in a slice grrr

Thanks Daz :). I'm glad your new machine has worked out well for you and you are enjoying cooking on it. That chicken sounds yum, well done for completing it with salad, that's a wise and healthy choice, plus it's the perfect weather for salad now, well its getting there lol . I've started eating a lot more of them too.

The book is called Slimming World's book of Lite Bites, I looked it up in the end. I'm still not sure if its more snacks then lunches. I'm going to my new group on Thursday so will findout. I've never tried malt loaf, what does it taste like and what are u supposed to eat it with ? I think I heard Sheila mention she's had it before too ?

Kay xx

Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr malt loaf yum yum lol. I have mine with cheese ( I can see Daz cringing now lol) Its like a sticky fruit loaf Kay I love the stuff but high syns and you dont get much in a slice grrr

Malt loaf is delicious, but as Texty said you don't get much for your syns, but worth trying, I grill mine & put butter on, yummmmmmmmy x

Oh with cheese sounds nice, might pick some up on my next food shop and give it a try as a treat, thanks Sheila :) xx

Malt loaf is delicious, but as Texty said you don't get much for your syns, but worth trying, I grill mine & put butter on, yummmmmmmmy x

Oh so many combinations lol, what to do, ok will try it this way too. Daz how do u have yours, with cheese ? :D

Kay xx

Do you make your own meringues?
Its only due to the fact that i had a box of them in the cupboard that i used one with a Muller light, not really thought about making my own, would possibly eat far too many of them if i did. lol.

In a previous post i mentioned that i had a meringue nest broken up with a muller light.

Oh so many combinations lol, what to do, ok will try it this way too. Daz how do u have yours, with cheese ? :D

Kay xx
No i bloody well do not. YUK. Just as it is, no butter, no cheese, nothing, just malt loaf.

Been offline pretty much most of the weekend, will try to catch up with the challenges in a bit, need to go out for a short while first.

Evening Daz hows you? Have you had a busy weekend or just had some time off?

Hi there, just not been in the right frame of mind to be honest, will try to catch up with the challenges this evening. Keep trying to find a way of making it an interactive thing so people can input their own data but as yet i haven't found a simple solution. I don't mind doing them as you know but when there are times that i can't do them then it would be handy if i didn't have to let them go without updates.

Hi there, just not been in the right frame of mind to be honest, will try to catch up with the challenges this evening. Keep trying to find a way of making it an interactive thing so people can input their own data but as yet i haven't found a simple solution. I don't mind doing them as you know but when there are times that i can't do them then it would be handy if i didn't have to let them go without updates.

I get ya drift Daz and as much as we all like you at our beck and call, there will be times like the weekend when you just cant be ar$ed. I wish I was techy I could do em when you cant be bothered. I'm sure I could learn lol or son would help me :D

I get ya drift Daz and as much as we all like you at our beck and call, there will be times like the weekend when you just cant be ar$ed. I wish I was techy I could do em when you cant be bothered. I'm sure I could learn lol or son would help me :D

Trust me, i wish that it was just that i can't be bothered. Its all about mini bouts of depression, nothing serious, just a residual after effect of the stroke. Its never serious but its enough to alter the mindset so that almost everything becomes a chore. If it were just a matter of not being arsed then i would still force myself to do it. lol.

I am wanting to make the sheet simple enough so that its easy to do, thats another job on my list.

Trust me, i wish that it was just that i can't be bothered. Its all about mini bouts of depression, nothing serious, just a residual after effect of the stroke. Its never serious but its enough to alter the mindset so that almost everything becomes a chore. If it were just a matter of not being arsed then i would still force myself to do it. lol.

I am wanting to make the sheet simple enough so that its easy to do, thats another job on my list.

I know, I remember you saying before :-(

Its years since I did a course at work on basic spreadsheets, the ones I use now are already set up and I just fill the gaps in lol

Back