de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Got most of my list done, so feeling very proud of myself.
Just our room and the christmas audit that didnt get done, but I did pick up a couple of other gifts whilst out delivering the Avon order.

Yay! MommyB!

Getting ready to get moving... I am still doing a drawer a day (did 9 on Friday -- small ones from the sideboard). I want to "do" the drawer and cupboard in the front hallway -- and then move on the dining room. I need to start with "clearing a path through the boxes (empty saved for shipping, paperwork that needs shredding, filing, etc,. some gifts, and so forth). After I can get into the room I want rotate my dishes and begin an inventory (for insurance and future shopping trips).

I have errands to run and a "to do" list to accomplished -- plus, I am at the point in Beck's Diet Solution -- that is should be doing menu planning and adding in fitness.

Time to get the party started...

Mel - i still cant get over this dishes inventory! Its amazing!

Mel - i still cant get over this dishes inventory! Its amazing!

I'll have to pm it to you when I finished. You will report me to Hoarders for sure!

So, maybe its the cold, or just general sense of being overwhelmed, but I have had a few days off the programme. Consequently Mt. washmore has re-appeared, the kitchen could be quarentined and the playroom looks like a bombsite.

Today however, I am back on it, off work and I have scrubbed down the kitchen and hoovered the kitchen and hall, had a quick whip around the playroom and I am about to take tenny temper for a walk to lull her to a nap so I can break out the christmas decorations and sort them out.

Anyone else got theirs up yet?

So, maybe its the cold, or just general sense of being overwhelmed, but I have had a few days off the programme. Consequently Mt. washmore has re-appeared, the kitchen could be quarentined and the playroom looks like a bombsite.

I've had a cold for the last ten days -- and on the days I rally, I suffer the next. So, I -- too have a Mt Washmore. kitchen is not too bad (but floor needs a mopping), livingroom needs a dusting and vacuuming, etc. Still working on the international Christmas wrapping, packing, posting, etc. -- one box sent yesterday (I am hoping to get more out today).

I did sort the area under the stairs (including a vacuuming) and setting up a new dog stuff box (as I emptied a cupboard in the kitchen). I also tidied the dog's bedding (and will launder it), sorted through and semi-organised DD's activity bags (on hooks under the stairs -- pe. kits, swim bags, gymnastics, etc). My aquafit and gym bag is there, too. I need to sort and organise the interior of mine.

Today however, I am back on it, off work and I have scrubbed down the kitchen and hoovered the kitchen and hall, had a quick whip around the playroom and I am about to take tenny temper for a walk to lull her to a nap so I can break out the christmas decorations and sort them out.

Anyone else got theirs up yet?

My Christmas dishes are out (inventory lol) and my DS's little black Nightmare Before Christmas tree is up in the seldom used "ironing/tv room". But, other than that...

I must sort a dress for tomorrow night *sigh* asap.

Well. I have covered another chair - only 1 left to go.

DD 2 and I have put up the tree in the play room, and I have done two loads of washing, which is about as much as my house can take for indoor drying.

I am feeling pretty groggy and weak now though. So, make the beds, put the dishwasher on and await my OH's arrival so I can force him to cook tea!

Hahaha - lets see if he does after the row we had this morning.

Tomorrow. I MAY tackle the garage. OMG. Really.

Tis the season....to have a cold. Have joined the snot party !!

Isnt it amazing how just taking your eye off the ball for one day can have such a disasterous effect ?
I have found tho that these days it seems quicker to get back on top of things again,so overall something must be working.

Tree and most of trimmings up. Actually made a start on tghe chaos that is our bedroom today !!

Still working on the wrapping, packing, etc. Got the laundry done today at the laundry mat... it looks as if it may be weeks (maybe even not until after inventory at the end of January before I get a new washer). *sigh*

Last edited:
Oh god Mel - I couldnt cope

Well, yesterday I did a quick whip round (fly lady's - shine your sink so works) then we didnt do the garage, we went to the christmas fair at tatton hall. So nice. I love old manor houses. My husband was not so impressed (it was busy and he cant cope with that) but I took Alara on a carrosel, which she loved.

I guess today should be garage day - but it's sooo cold and bucketing down with rain. We will see.

Sorry to hear you have joined the ranks of the rank with colds etc Mommy B. Rest, do the duvet dive and drink some orange, lemon and honey with cloves and cinnamon. It's works to bannish the cold, and it's all christmassy!

Oh have been to Tatton park many years ago, but in the summer. Very nice.
Cold seems to be running it's course nicely and have had a bit of a lie in. Girls are bickering and doing my head in so am going to hide upstairs and do more sorting !!

Evening --

I am probably going to try very hard to get loads of wrapping, etc. done. I will mail on Tuesday and if it gets there it does and if not -- tough! lol

Then, I will be working on tidying up all the mess of packing paper, wrapping paper, tape, ribbons, cards, bubble wrap... and cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, etc the livingroom and if it is not raining mid-week maybe then I''l be able to get the tree, etc. out and some more decorating done. I am running out of time -- or so I feel. *sigh*

I just finished spending one and half hours using something like this on DD's hair. The one I used isn't available in the UK yet (I think) but it is the one with keratin (Brazillian straightening). But, it is this company.

rby-keratin-garnier-blowdry-de.jpg

I am hoping that it will last a week, then I can straighten her hair every Sunday. Maybe touch it up during the week, but not the whole process which takes ages her hair is thick.

Last edited:
Hope that works for you ( and DD ) Mel

Have done some half hearted cleaning and tidying today but the place does look better for it-just keep telling myself-small steps....small steps

@MommyB -- It did not seem to do as well as I hoped for DD... but then I only used half the solution. I did not do my hair as it said to wait 14 days after colouring or highlighting.

I tackled Mount Washmore at the launderette last night. And, have done some *SHOCK* ironing this morning. I also sorted the huge pile of unmatched socks for the first time in ages. I put what I'd ironed, sorted, etc. away, too! Including my summer clothes from my holiday in October! House still looks like a bomb hit it... but I know I've made some progress.

I also cleaned the sole plate of the power steam iron to see if I can zip through more shirts this evening. However, after I have my MAM I am going to sweep and mop the kitchen floor and do a tidy up, clean up -- not deep but decent in there. I also want to get to the 1/2 bath (overdue) and then move on the front hall. DD will be disappointed as she is desperate for me to get the livingroom done, so the tree can go up. So, who knows... I may rework my work plan.

Later Ladies.

Last edited:
My house is currently disappearing under a pile of wrapping paper and tinsel.
But I have a master plan for the weekend. I finish work tomorrow til 3rd jan so I know things will ease up then and i can get some proper jobs done in the house.

Happy Christmas everyone, cu all when I crawl out from under the wrapping lol x

I have paper bags and a rubbish bin at the ready and as they unwrap it gets sorted appropriately. Then, I reboxed the reusable boxes one inside the other and cover them with a black bin liner and label the outside "Christmas packaging". It went in the loft by 1:00 p.m. and the opeded gifts either were back under the tree or sent to the kid's rooms -- and the lounge was vacuumed, too!

I make the big mess that goes on for ages whilst wrapping, packing and posting -- on the day the "undoing" of the efforts is cleared up seamlessly. *sigh*

I'll be taking everything down between the 1st and the 6th, as usual. I am going to rearrange the "art nook" today (most likely) to make room for the piano. That will inspire a clear out of the accumulation in that zone, plus I'll get to work on some "to dos".

Thus, back to the delcutter, etc. for me!

One of my New Years' resolutions is going to be "learn how to Ebay sell and do it". ;)

MinnieMel said:
I have paper bags and a rubbish bin at the ready and as they unwrap it gets sorted appropriately. Then, I reboxed the reusable boxes one inside the other and cover them with a black bin liner and label the outside "Christmas packaging". It went in the loft by 1:00 p.m. and the opeded gifts either were back under the tree or sent to the kid's rooms -- and the lounge was vacuumed, too!

I make the big mess that goes on for ages whilst wrapping, packing and posting -- on the day the "undoing" of the efforts is cleared up seamlessly. *sigh*

I'll be taking everything down between the 1st and the 6th, as usual. I am going to rearrange the "art nook" today (most likely) to make room for the piano. That will inspire a clear out of the accumulation in that zone, plus I'll get to work on some "to dos".

Thus, back to the delcutter, etc. for me!

One of my New Years' resolutions is going to be "learn how to Ebay sell and do it". ;)

........and breath! Wow, that's organisation x

Back