de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Just checked my email --
Flight Plan for Thursday, January 31, 2013

Today is Thursday: Errand Day

Zone 5 - Living/Family Room (Monday - Thursday)
Zone 1 - The Front Porch, Dining Room and Entrance (Friday)

This month's Habit - Shine Your Sink

Next month's Habit - Declutter 15 Minutes a Day

* Morning Routine:
-Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
- Make Bed
-Swish & Swipe
-Empty Dishwasher
-Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away)
-Check Your Calendar
-Check Your Control Journal

* What's For Dinner?
* Drink Your Water
* Declutter for 15 Minutes
* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise)

* Before Bed Routine:
-Lay out Your Clothes for tomorrow
-Check Your Calendar
-Put things needed for tomorrow at the Launch Pad
-Where are your Keys?
-Spend Two Minutes Clearing off a Hot Spot
-Shine Your Sink
- Wash face/Brush Teeth
-Go to Bed at a Decent Hour

Zone 5: Mission #4 Thursday

Dear Friends:

Today is our last day in the Living Room! Let's have a detailed vacuuming session. This means to vacuum the room, making sure to get up against the baseboards and to get under the furniture. Please be careful that you don't hurt yourself trying to move furniture. If it is too difficult to get under the couch or chairs then just try to get as close to the base of the furniture as you can.

------------------------------------------
I did the Living Room "good enough" earlier in the week as I knew I'd be out today. It looks like tomorrow I might actually start back on the dining room -- which has become a dumping ground.

My routine has disappeared with the appearance of this bug in the house :-(

I am sitting beside my sad light with a glass of water.

I need to do my mission for yesterday which is dust the living room & hall, stairs/landing.
Today is vacuum so I need to do landing & stairs (I swept the floors downstairs on Tuesday).

The beds are made & there isn't a full wash to put on yet but I may strip DS' bed to make it up then strip ours.

I need to empty & reload the dishwasher.

I'm using food up for everyone else's dinner so I need to peel potatoes to make mash, possibly make sweet potato wedges too. The kids can have fish fingers & OH can use up the last ready meal in the freezer. Bit of a mish mash but with me not eating they'll need to use the healthy stuff up,lol.

Doesn't actually seem too bad for today. I do have a pile of washing to put away. Hopefully get the kids amused with some toys or Disney junior so I can have a quick run around.

I must motivate myself today!

Sent from my new ARCHOS tablet :)

Go easy on yourself if you're not feeling well, better to take a day out and kick the bug into touch and tackle the jobs head on another day when you're back on top form.

Bare minimum done here today.
washed breakfast things
made beds
quick tidy round

Spending the rest of the day with my beads :D

Go easy on yourself if you're not feeling well, better to take a day out and kick the bug into touch and tackle the jobs head on another day when you're back on top form.

Bare minimum done here today.
washed breakfast things
made beds
quick tidy round

Spending the rest of the day with my beads :D

I need to keep busy, keep my mind of this damn tooth & no food,lol

Bed stripped, bathroom cleaned, shower, vacuum upstairs & all but last 4 stairs (vacuum doesn't reach), wash on, shake 1 down :)

You're doing awesome, MB. Especially for someone who had been unwell and had poorly LOs.

Is there a direct flight from you to B'ham airport ? I could keep you busy for weeks LOL

My thoughts exactly!

Wow you are all so busy! I have so much to do here and no energy to do it! I can't do much until the new bedroom is done as most of the stuff cluttering up my lounge is bedroom stuff! However, I did get some more kitchen sorting done today so I'm very pleased about that :D

Some laundry
Cooked Brekkie and cleared up
Unload, reload dishes
Sorted stuff and went to scrapbook crop (10:00 to 3:00) -- with 20 minute drive both ways.
Returned home
Tided up, sorted DD's school stuff, cleaned lunch box and remade lunch
Ran errands: post office, petrol, bank, shopping (got good deals for DD v-day and b-day)
Home: sorted, tided, cooked dinner, cleared up, dishes going, laundry in dryer, washer loaded and will run tomorrow

Still need to finish errands, ironing, wash dog, clean en suite, wash and clean car, quick grocery shop and the usual stuff tomorrow!

Didn't do abs or hula hoop today -- but I still might. It's only 8:40.

Is there a direct flight from you to B'ham airport ? I could keep you busy for weeks LOL

Lol, its OK I've enough to do here :)

You're doing awesome, MB. Especially for someone who had been unwell and had poorly LOs.

My thoughts exactly!

I'm getting sick now though -cold type thing has hit me tonight so just as well I did stuff today.

Wow you are all so busy! I have so much to do here and no energy to do it! I can't do much until the new bedroom is done as most of the stuff cluttering up my lounge is bedroom stuff! However, I did get some more kitchen sorting done today so I'm very pleased about that :D

Your doing well, you should be pleased :)

I have the dishwasher ready to go, DS' bed remade, both kids in bed, I made more jewellery & even invited mil round! She couldn't come till tonight but she has ordered something for herself & likes what I've done for the nannies. I made dinner for C & the kids before that & have even cooked enough for his dinner tomorrow night plus left chicken out to go with it. Online food shop ordered to arrive tomorrow.
house is sitting clean & tidy so if this bug gets worse I should be OK.
Just remembered I have a lot of clean laundry on my bed to put away but it'll have to be done tomorrow when the kids get up.

You're doing fab. And it seems as if you and your MIL are getting along better.

You're doing fab. And it seems as if you and your MIL are getting along better.

Well I have relaxed my expectations (as in I don't expect anything) & now that I'm doing the jewellery we have a new topic to talk about. She said tonight that I'll save her a fortune,lol. I don't mind when we get along, its good. I usually try for so long before I get fed up being the one to try all the time. I understand that she will always be family though so I just need to keep trying.

Well I have relaxed my expectations (as in I don't expect anything) & now that I'm doing the jewellery we have a new topic to talk about. She said tonight that I'll save her a fortune,lol. I don't mind when we get along, its good. I usually try for so long before I get fed up being the one to try all the time. I understand that she will always be family though so I just need to keep trying.

"Accept the things you cannot change" very sensible!

Monthly Habit: February - Decluttering for 15 minutes a day
February is here, and it's time for a new habit. This month, we are going to practice hard at decluttering for 15 minutes a day. With less clutter, it's much easier to keep our homes clean and organized -- and that means we have more time for fun! Here are tons of great essays, tips, and ideas to get you started.

You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

I'm working on this... I've sorted a paper pile in the kitchen today. Still lots more of those to do.

Re: de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Right, you've all inspired me! I think I need to sign up for the flylady emails this morning - I need some regular prompting. my only problem is that I work irregular hours in the week and some days I've more time than others. I'm sure I can work something out though.
Okay, getting up, dressed, shoes on and going to shine my sink :)

Has anyone else's emails gone haywire from flylady?

I can't think of anything else in my house that needs decluttered as I did so much between October & January. I will try to concentrate on my routines again once I get over this bug.

Right, you've all inspired me! I think I need to sign up for the flylady emails this morning - I need some regular prompting. my only problem is that I work irregular hours in the week and some days I've more time than others. I'm sure I can work something out though.
Okay, getting up, dressed, shoes on and going to shine my sink :)

Hi there, make your own schedule to suit your week :)

Hi there, make your own schedule to suit your week :)

I will do. I'll write one up this afternoon. I'm the sort of person that needs prompting to do something though :) and like the idea that Flylady would give me reminders.

I've started well though, up, dressed, wash in, and kitchen nearly tidy. Also got the whole family going too with kids on bedrooms, cleaning out gerbils etc. Hubby is always good, he tends to clean while I tidy so we get the house sorted quite quickly when we're on it together - he can see I want to sort it out properly so he's getting stuck in too. My boot won't open on my car though so I'm trying to utilse him as much as I can before I lose him to 'bloke stuff'!

I can't think of anything else in my house that needs decluttered as I did so much between October & January. I will try to concentrate on my routines again once I get over this bug.

I love that you have no decluttering to do, I dream of being in that position! Get well soon Mama-bear!

Morning!

Has anyone else's emails gone haywire from flylady?

They've broken the daily all in one mail into several mission ones: Kelly's Kids, etc. I just delete the ones that I'm not interested in (testimonials, etc,). I think you may be able to subscribe to just those you want.

It's FAMILY FUN DAY! However, DD skates and DH wants to see a film that won't interest DD. But, I'll try to sort something!

Back