de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Update on Monday

Vacuum -- downstairs! Even cleaned vacuums (one very thoroughly).

Dust -- a bit (but not enough)

Quick Mop -- nope

Polish Mirrors and Doors -- nope

Purge magazines/catalogs -- a bit

Change Sheets -- two of three beds

Empty all trash cans -- some (not all, as I do as needed)

This week we are in Zone 4: The Master Bedroom

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth X
* - Make Bed X
* -Swish & Swipe X
* -Empty Dishwasher X
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) XXXX...
* -Check Your Calendar X

* -Check Your Control Journal (Still don't have one)

* What's For Dinner? X (beef fajitas)

* Drink Your Water X (some, not all)

* Declutter for 15 Minutes X

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise) (only housework)

Zone 4: Mission #1 Monday

This week we are in the Master Bedroom. Today I want you to spend 15 minutes under your bed! LOL! Take this time to get the things out from under the bed that you have shoved under there during a mad stash and dash through the house. 15 minutes might not be enough, but for today, just try to put a dent in the stuff that you have put there. Things that just don't belong. If you don't have anything under your bed, then grab a vacuum cleaner or broom and get the dust bunnies that have been multiplying under there. Have fun with this, just 15 minutes, set you time and go go go

(Didn't do this - but it was done recently. I need to dust and oil my wood furniture, clean the glass and mirrors, vacuum, etc.)

Well I sorted through my bedside cabinet and shinied up the kitchen before bed. Good news, there is Dec a lingering smell of assorted aromatherapy oils in there now.

However, I did neglect my bathroom albeit it'll take minutes to have it up to standard tomorrow as I have kept on top of it on a daily basis. ;-)

Tomorrow's plan includes ironing, sorting a chest of drawers and sticking Hoover round.

Nighty night x

You did a good job yesterday. I need to do a good clean in my ensuite, too.

Today is Tuesday: Plan and Play Day

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
* - Make Bed
* -Swish & Swipe
* -Empty Dishwasher
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away)

* -Check Your Calendar

* -Check Your Control Journal

* What's For Dinner?

* Drink Your Water

* Declutter for 15 Minutes

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise)

Zone 4: Mission #2 Tuesday

It is time to fling some socks and pantyhose today. You know that drawer that is full of old pantyhose and mismatched socks that you have held on to for reasons you don't even know. It is time to go through and toss, toss, toss. Be good to yourself and let go of these things that are cluttering up your bedroom. Hidden in a drawer or not, it is still clutter. Take 15 minutes and toss, toss, toss!

Bonus Declutter Mission: Go after that pile that is on top of the dresser. This will become a hotspot for me if I am not careful. Set your timer for 5 minutes - I bet you can get rid of that pile in less than 5.

Kind of starting again cause its all went to pot while I've been sick. I'm going to do what I did last time to sort the clutter cause it worked for me.

.get the clothes all washed, put away & toss/donate small clothes (kids)
.clean/sort kitchen & living room
.clean hall, stairs, landing & powder room
.clean kids rooms
.clean upstairs bathroom/restock toiletries etc
.finally, tackle my room

This will be done over the next two weeks but today I'm making a start on laundry. I can't wait to be out of chaos again & back into the calm of a house that flies :)

Sent from my new ARCHOS tablet :)

* Morning Routine:

* - Make Bed
* -Swish & Swipe
* -Empty Dishwasher

* -Check Your Calendar

* What's For Dinner?

* Drink Your Water

It is time to fling some socks and pantyhose today. You know that drawer that is full of old pantyhose and mismatched socks that you have held on to for reasons you don't even know. It is time to go through and toss, toss, toss. Be good to yourself and let go of these things that are cluttering up your bedroom. Hidden in a drawer or not, it is still clutter. Take 15 minutes and toss, toss, toss!

Bonus Declutter Mission: Go after that pile that is on top of the dresser. This will become a hotspot for me if I am not careful. Set your timer for 5 minutes - I bet you can get rid of that pile in less than 5.

JHow weird, I started to do that this morning (after finding each pair of tights I pulled out had a mysterious hole in them!) I have a mountain of laundry to sort as per usual. Though most of it is washed and is just drying.

As for my main task of the day - anti-bac the house after the dread of norovirus. I still feel queezy, but I am terrified that everyone else will get it. I have a phobia of being sick and seeing anyone else vomit is likely to set me off.

Off to fly!

JHow weird, I started to do that this morning (after finding each pair of tights I pulled out had a mysterious hole in them!) I have a mountain of laundry to sort as per usual. Though most of it is washed and is just drying.

As for my main task of the day - anti-bac the house after the dread of norovirus. I still feel queezy, but I am terrified that everyone else will get it. I have a phobia of being sick and seeing anyone else vomit is likely to set me off.

Off to fly!

Good idea. Be sure to use anti-bac wipes on doors, light switches, taps, the edge of cabinets, tele controllers, phones, etc.

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes X and roots touched up, hair washed, blow dried and straightened!

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth (was dressed, now in rubbish clothes because I'm touching up my roots - done (see above)! Lol

* - Make Bed X
* -Swish & Swipe XXX (all 3)
* -Empty Dishwasher X (reloaded)
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) XXX...

* -Check Your CalendarX

* -Check Your Control Journal (Still don't have one)

* What's For Dinner? (Turkey Pot Pie)

* Drink Your Water (Not really)

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise) (Not, yet)

STILL NEED TO DO THIS -- I go through the socks fairly often. But, I can again. ;!

Mopped front entrance. Lots of laundry Vacuumed stairs. Got post from base postbox Grocery shopped. At piano lesson on Minis! :)

Last edited:
Quick swish round the bathroom, cleared chest of drawers and did most of the ironing. Kitchen all shiny shiny (love it!).

Tomorrow am, before I go to work, I will quickly dust/polish bedroom and finish last of ironing.

Tomorrow evening I'll be good for nothing but getting ready for the next day at work.

Bathroom swished, bedroom dusted, wiped down bedroom door, cleaned bathroom window, done some work too, quick bath before I have a 6 hour round trip commute to Coventry for work. Ironing may need to wait till tonight.

Impressive flying! Is that a joke, or are you really going to Coventry?

Today is Wednesday: Anti-Procrastination Day

* Morning Routine:

* - Make Bed
* -Swish & Swipe
* -Empty Dishwasher

* -Check Your Calendar

* What's For Dinner?

* Drink Your Water

Zone 4: Mission #3 Wednesday

Today is the day that you get a really short mission. The only thing you have to do is grab your feather duster or dust rag and dust off the tops of your door jambs and windows. I am short and don't really see the tops of these areas very often, so I have a tendency to forget about them. Take the duster or rag and wipe across the tops of the molding and jambs. Take a swipe across the hinges as well; they seem to collect little dusties as well. This is quick and easy and makes quite a nice difference.

Bonus Declutter Mission: Set your timer for 5 minutes and do a 27 fling boogie in your bedroom.

I seriously need to join you guys and get some sanity in my life (wanders off to check out flylady website)

Loved reading through this thread - I clearly have tons to do!!

Need to start flying again !!!

It's amazing how a day makes a difference! Still got laundry to put away. House blessing to do. Dishwasher recycled though. :)

Lol no I am here now, in cab to final destination. I have to come up once or twice a week these days. It's exhausting.

Btw, what on earth is a 27 fling boogie when it's at home?

A 27 fling boogie is when you take three bags (boxes or whatever) and have one for rubbish, one for recycle and one for rehome (donate, give away, etc.). Then you find 27 things to put in those boxes! You'd be surprised how easy it is. I filed a bag with mismatched and holey socks, old t-shirts, worn underwear, worn shirts, etc.at least 27 items headed to a fabric (recycling) bin the next time I drive my car. I have some broken bits, I'll never fix (trash), old magazines (recycling), books I've finished reading (donation shelf at library)...

UPDATE -- Today is Wednesday: Anti-Procrastination Day

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes X

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth. X
* - Make Bed X
* -Swish & Swipe X
* -Empty Dishwasher XX
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) XX

* -Check Your CalendarX. Hair cut X Visit friend and out to lunch X

* -Check Your Control Journal (still don't have one)

* What's For Dinner? X started in slow cooker at 9:30 Beef Brisket. Served at 6:00.

* Drink Your Water (Still not great, but better)

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise) (Not unless you count vacuuming and mopping kitchen floor)

Zone 4: Mission #3 Wednesday

Today is the day that you get a really short mission. The only thing you have to do is grab your feather duster or dust rag and dust off the tops of your door jambs and windows. I am short and don't really see the tops of these areas very often, so I have a tendency to forget about them. Take the duster or rag and wipe across the tops of the molding and jambs. Take a swipe across the hinges as well; they seem to collect little dusties as well. This is quick and easy and makes quite a nice difference.
(Nope)

Bonus Declutter Mission: Set your timer for 5 minutes and do a 27 fling boogie in your bedroom. X

ALSO: Checked mail on base, got money from bank, bought air fryer, bought some special meats from Farm Store, gave friend her laundry and drove her to farm store (for lunch and shop) and then to another farm store for potatoes. Got home and had friend drop by for a coffee and catch up -- but dinner was still served at 6. Kitchen all clean. DD's lunch made. Finishing up folding laundry. Dishwasher running ATM. Recycling, donations, etc. ready to go out tomorrow,

Well I made a good start tonight! :)

Bf cooked and usually I would have relaxed and sat watching tv until dinner was ready but instead I tidied the living room, swept the floor, put shopping away, made the bed and sorted out some washing.

Now that he has popped out I have done a load of washing up (still another lot to go - messy bugger), made us both lunches for work tomorrow and put the ironing away.

Well I made a good start tonight! :)

Bf cooked and usually I would have relaxed and sat watching tv until dinner was ready but instead I tidied the living room, swept the floor, put shopping away, made the bed and sorted out some washing.

Now that he has popped out I have done a load of washing up (still another lot to go - messy bugger), made us both lunches for work tomorrow and put the ironing away.

Super flying. It'll make tomorrow morning so much better.

Back