de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Morning!

I'm going to do my Monday work, home blessing, laundry catch up, a errand or two, and possibly ironing.
Also my zone!

I've emptied and reloaded dishwasher, swished and swiped one bath, tended dog, and loaded washer and need to strip all the beds and remake them. While I'm upstairs I'll swish and swipe both baths.

I need to get boxes for the toss, donate, give to so and so sort out.

I want to to a 27 item boogie for sure. I may to that in DD's room.

I'll wait to mail my sister's gift until I know if she's going up be on duty elsewhere. I should know by Wednesday. I need to sort something for my MIL's birthday.

Oh well -- lots of ambition.

I have Rhiannon home poorly but I have :-
washed up, done 2 loads of laundry and have it out on the line
Put a pile of clean laundry away
tidied and dusted the bedrooms and also hovered
Been to work ( Rhiannon went to granddad's for an hour)

So not too bad really

It seems to me that every thing in my whole house is in the wrong room.... furniture that is .... shelves, bookcases, media units etc arrrggg

It seems to me that every thing in my whole house is in the wrong room.... furniture that is .... shelves, bookcases, media units etc arrrggg

Work on one area at a time. You can sort this.

Sorry can't quote for some reason....

As Mel said, one room at a time.

Believe me my house was awful before Mel showed me flylady. What room is the least awful in your house? The one with the least amount of work?

Mama-bear x

hee hee did I really make it sound that bad? Well actually it did used to be that bad lol

As the moment though my problem is major re organization and trying to figure out the best order to do things in....

Also I can't manage normal lifting as I have a problem with my arm ......

Friday.... I dismantled a cabinet that was in the family room and moved it to the laundry

Saturday we brought the china cabinet that was at the top of the stairs down to the kitchen.... hubby moved it ... I emptied it and refilled it.

Sunday I emptied the media unit which was in my bedroom....

Monday hubby brought media unit down to the family room....

Now I have to refill the media unit.

Then I need to empty a large bookcase which is in the utility room so that next time he is off hubby can move it up to our bedroom

I also need to empty a smaller bookcase which is in our bedroom so it can be turned round

and on and on and so forth lol

hee hee did I really make it sound that bad? Well actually it did used to be that bad lol

As the moment though my problem is major re organization and trying to figure out the best order to do things in....

Also I can't manage normal lifting as I have a problem with my arm ......

Friday.... I dismantled a cabinet that was in the family room and moved it to the laundry

Saturday we brought the china cabinet that was at the top of the stairs down to the kitchen.... hubby moved it ... I emptied it and refilled it.

Sunday I emptied the media unit which was in my bedroom....

Monday hubby brought media unit down to the family room....

Now I have to refill the media unit.

Then I need to empty a large bookcase which is in the utility room so that next time he is off hubby can move it up to our bedroom

I also need to empty a smaller bookcase which is in our bedroom so it can be turned round

and on and on and so forth lol

Little by little. You should check out the FlyLady website. It's a bit to slog through -- and I no longer read the testimonials, etc. but jumping on and following her plan (adapting to suit you) does work. I'm still working on clearing, decluttering, etc. but I'm more sorted than I used to be.

I just moved a DVD shelf up to my son's room -- which will be our "media/guest room" as he's in the States at Uni. The small bedroom which was media room -- is now storage and hopefully ironing once I've sorted, organized and disposed of the excess in there. Or at least some.

I moved a small bookcase full of young children's books to a better location. I am sentimental about things -- but I think I will be going through board games, books, etc and downsizing. I will probably have my husband shore up the shelf and give it along with some books to a friend with a soon to be two year old. That's got a goal date of November 5 -- his birthday. (My husband built that shelf for our son when he was a baby -- he's 22 now.)

I need to go through and organize all tools, shelves with house paint, etc. my tons of craft supplies -- in fact I have a couple of empty boxes to pick up from a friend and I'll be filling one with craft and art items for my DD's art club at school.

The other box will be used for stuff to go elsewhere.

Lots to do - but little by little.

When I broke my wrist I couldn't do lots -- but I sat and shredded years' worth of paperwork. Now I shred on or about the 15th of every month. It keeps me on top of it. :)

Good luck. You've made a fab start.

I found the flylady many years ago and her site was very helpful... I have mentioned on here before that I used to love getting her emails when it was a yahoo group but when it changed to the big top I could never get it sorted out ....even though I send them many messages requesting help

Just reregister.

Oh I never thought of that.....

well actually I did try that several times it won't let me because it says there is already an account in my name but it won't let me access it.... I spent 18 months trying sent 6 messages requesting help.... nada .... gave up in frustration

Oh I never thought of that.....

well actually I did try that several times it won't let me because it says there is already an account in my name but it won't let me access it.... I spent 18 months trying sent 6 messages requesting help.... nada .... gave up in frustration

Use a different name and email.

I don't have a different email

I don't have a different email

You can set one up -- if you have a yahoo then set up a google. Or vice versa.

Also, if you use FB -- you could use the email they assign you.

This week's zones has one I have been working on for ages -- not the main bathroom (I keep on top of the baths and kitchen) big the kids'' rooms.

We're turning my son's room into a combo guest and upstairs media room (tv, karaoke, game system, DVD, VCR, lap top and probably printer.
It's been "emptied" and arranged -- the electronics need to be sorted -- but this week I should get the new blind up and the carpet cleaned on there.

I need to get busy on the toy, junk, clothing, etc. sort out for DD's room. I started and it's been left unfinished for ages.

I have to wait at home tomorrow for the broadband guy -- so, I'll be working in DD's room. I'll get DH to put up the blind this week and do a few other bits in there. I'll clean the carpet -- as best I can and I'll go around and reach loose wall paper.

On the autumn to do list will be paint the door and the ceiling trim. I am hoping to not paint the ceiling or baseboards.

However, I need to finish painting the front entrance area. I'll leave the rest of the hall until I think I can deal with the mess. We've been working on bits for months -- off and on.

Well done with C's wardrobe!

Testing super fast fiber optic broadband ATM. The technician mentioned he had a 2 year old daughter -- he left with a box of mini-Brats and their bits, plus an Ariel bubble maker. :). Goal of one bag, box, etc. out per day accomplished. I'll do another bag for tomorrow (as it'll be a busy day).

Well as well as doing the everyday stuff I moved all the craft books and magazines into their new home in the Laundry/Craft room.... onwards and upwards

Well as well as doing the everyday stuff I moved all the craft books and magazines into their new home in the Laundry/Craft room.... onwards and upwards

Well done. I gave the broadband guy some stuff for his daughter that mine had outgrown.

It feel's so good when we get something out of the way and know that it is making someone else happy :D

Today's mission should I choose to accept it is to empty another bookcase ready for moving it...... I have two empty laundry baskets and I'm not afraid to use them :girlpower:

Those dust bunnies can run..... but they can not hide :bunnydance: I will find them then no more dancing for them!

Back