de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Hey honey dont worry, some days your ahead somedays lagging way behind. I am finding as time goes on it is getting easier to clean up when things do slip. No one can be perfect all the time.

Baby steps xx

Still looking tidy here after the Sunday morning clean. I do like it tidy makes me far happier x

Don't panic Jayne...am having a week like that too! Am only getting about 1 15 min burst a day. It's v frustrating...but you have to ride it out til things calm down again. Keep ur chin up xx

I'm a bit behind again on what everyones up to (will read back later) but i am on 'Mission Finish Sitting Room' for the next fortnight ... I started gloss work last february, thats 2010! and I never finished it, and it was painting over wood that is half way up my wall, so noticeable! And I also painted the wood doors then but couldnt get the handles off and theyve been left like that since then too - I VOWED it would be done for last Xmas, but hopefully this Xmas it WILL be ... infact in the next fortnight it better be!
So thats my mission, cos it is getting dark earlier and i want the place to be cosier.

When its done i'll take pics and then show the befores haha.

Keep shining ladies! xxxx

Well done Rowan, good aim.

I had a really proud moment this morning. I was up dressed, in a nice outfit I might add. I had just tidied the kitchen and the living room when my uncle called round. All this at 8 am.

WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO how is that for riding the sparkle wave <- does a little dance.

Onwards to sparkledom ladies xx

Wow - well done clara. That's a real win for sparkledom:)

Chin up Jane, you have been doing brilliantly. Kiddies nearly back in school, last lap now. Whatever de cluttering and cleaning you have already achieved will stand you in good stead.

Do what you can when you can and get back into the groove when you are feeling more yourself xx

Hope all is well with you ladies.

House fairly sorted. Painting almost finished. Slight wander off eating plan, but back on track tomorrow.

Keep spreading the sparkle x

Come on in Getting fitter x water is fine.

You will feel so much better. 15 mins at a time, marvelous.

Anything else is too much headwork and daunting.

REmember Rome wasn't built in a day, so it was certainly not cleaned and de cluttered in one x

hello sparkly-ladies. :wavey: Just been catching up on the last 3 pages. I have fallen by the wayside (again)! I am still trying to declutter but with no routine in place you'd hardly notice. I actually think I have got rid of plenty of stuff over the past couple years and now it's time to organize what I am happy to keep and get some wee cleaning routine in place.

This has turned into a great wee thread and quite busy too, yay! It's cool to be able to talk about this without feeling weird iykwim! :cool:

Wow you are up super early Lynn. Still dont have a cleaning routine myself, but things are getting more sorted and cleaner little by little, even when I have my meanderings off into CHAOS. House is a bit like that at the momment, but rather than spend the next hour or so before work on here I am going to finish my coffee and have a 15 blast in the kitchen.

On the Fly lady website this month they are promoting getting into a good night time routine, so that is going to be may aim this month. I mean if you have a night time moisturiser you shoud be using it right lol, rather than falling into bed with your book.

Anyway keep spreading the sparkle ladies x

Great reading this thread.

I also try to use the flylady's principles and would never have guessed what a difference 15 mins can make, or keeping up to date with laundry.

My depression always feels better when my house is tidy, and I feel I can keep a better control over my diet too.

Welcome all !!

I have wandered off track over the last week or so-been busy having fun ( weekend away followed by daughters birthday celebrations ) but have been pleassantly surpirsed by how quickly I have got the place back to where I want it-previous hardowrk must've laid good foundations.

Back to school tomorrow, and whilst I'm kinda not looking forward to it, I am looking forward to getting back into routine, and setting up some new ones ala flylady !!

Wow you are up super early Lynn. Still dont have a cleaning routine myself, but things are getting more sorted and cleaner little by little, even when I have my meanderings off into CHAOS. House is a bit like that at the momment, but rather than spend the next hour or so before work on here I am going to finish my coffee and have a 15 blast in the kitchen.

On the Fly lady website this month they are promoting getting into a good night time routine, so that is going to be may aim this month. I mean if you have a night time moisturiser you shoud be using it right lol, rather than falling into bed with your book.

Anyway keep spreading the sparkle ladies x

yeah I ain't got a sleep routine either and then I saw about a nighttime routine at end of your post, how apt lol. gonna check it out.:D

I think today I am going to have a go at setting up some sort of control journal so I know where I am with things-nothing too regimented tho, but once we are all back at school/work it will help keep track of what everyone is up to too

Hi all:)

nice to have others who are also just getting back into things. We are back from hols and DD starts her new school tomorrow. Made the most of a rainy morning to get all clothes named and pencil case organised. Cleared up the downstairs and unpacked so we could enjoy all the clearing we did earlier in the summer - problem is i need to sit at my desk tomorrow - and cant get in the study lol;) i guess id better start my 15 mins in there tomorrow!

Good luck all - sparkle time:D

Hi ladies, I;ve gone a bit awol off the thread but no so much off the job in hand!
I've got 2 big black bags and a bed guard to take to the charity shop, then can get back on with more chucking out. My problems are getting rid of the stuff which is why it takes so long - pity I didnt have a car and could take to the tip!

Anyhoo, this week coming is daughters room - need to be ruthless to make room for Xmas toys!
I will make a to do list later on when I get 5 mins xxx

Lost the plot after my week off. I think I started too much and then couldn't finish. Then back to work with a bang ! Kitchen has been in total chaos for the last week and my bedroom looks like a jumble sale.

So comes the weekend, cleared out my laundry room major declutter in there. Re organised some decorating stuff that makes it look a whole lot more appealing. Turned round my summer and winter clothes. Think autumn is well and trully here. Summer clothes all put in vac pac ready to be put away. Bedroom looks like a closing jumble sale now, but all the washing has been done and just needs to be put away.

Struggling with a lazy day today, but am achieving little by little. Finished painting my gold cabinet. Got rid of some things to go up the shed.( Major procrastination on that)

Some of the dining room, kitchen and bedroom left to sort out. Aiming to get them done today so a good start to the day.

Well done Rowan on keeping up the good work, and all the others who are fluttering on. Still would like to sort that bed time routine out.

Keep spreading the sparkle ladies xx

Back