de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Well done Rowan x

I de limescaled the shower, de cluttered my chest of drawers, and defrosted my fridge.....yeeeeeeeeee for a ketosis energy burst....best of luck for the week girls.

regards fireflii x

Well done everyone:). Not much additional progress but i have been shining the sink all weekend!;)

Oh how I love the idea of being a 1940's Doris Day immaculately groomed housewife! Making jam and flicking the duster round, in little kitten heels and full make up!

Such a shame that the reality is far from that lol I am such a clutterer, and there is only me to pick up after !

Not to worry, order is slowly comming, weight loss is moving in the right direction.

Spreading the sparkle one flick of the feather duster at a time xx

Who should we contact if you dont return ?

Too late - she must still be in there! :eek:
:D

I am still slowly but steadily clearing my clutter, too. My younger son is off to a new uni soon (he is transferring) and he had to leave his very expensive flat and move back in with me for these last few weeks before term begins. He arrived with THIRTY boxes of stuff and plonked them all down in the living room I have been struggling to clear! Ha Ha.

We had a bit of a row because he has been very slow to sort his stuff out but finally it is moving along. I know I will have to store at least 20 odd boxes for him but that's fine, so long as they are things he really really wants to keep.

In the meantime I keep at it and the Salvation Army continues to benefit! I think the starting is the worst part. I felt like it was just too much, and that I would never get around to it. Once you've started it gets easier, but it's never fun.

Been off colour for a couple of days so once again things have slipped backwards-the good news is that it does seem easier to get it back into order again so that's good I suppose.

Anyway my time off work hasnt been wasted, I may not have been doing but have been watching lots of daytime TV-How clean is my house ? Surely this counts as research ??

Last edited:
LOL! I watch Hoarders to keep me motivated. I know those poor people represent an extreme but they started out like you and I - only mildly hoarding 'precious' keepsakes and things that 'might come in handy'. And just look at how they ended up!

There are things I can never part with - things from my sons' early days, things from family and friends and departed loved ones. The rest, frankly, is negotiable for most of us and needs to go out, either to charity, or to FREECYCLE, or to the tip.

And so say all of us!

I watch 'buried alive' too. Just goes to show where hoarding can lead. We think ah we're not that bad but, as you say, there but for the grace of God, go we!

Morning ladies .. and how are we all ?

Kitchen sinks sparkling ?

Had a lovely weekend. Didn't do as much as I wanted to round the house but tackled the washing and sorted the kitchen. Also tried my hand at making jam! It tastes divine but is a bit runny any idea what I did wrong ? lol

Starting to get into a bit of an evening routine. Who knew it was such an effort to put night cream on eh ? Also giving the pooch his final walk of the day before bed time, much easier than standing in the garden and waiting for him to finish sniffing around. Dishes all washed from the night before also.

Last night I actually sat at my kitchen table to eat, as it's only me I usually plonk myself in front of the telly. It was lovely, candles lit and everything !

Hope all is well with you all and you are spreading the sparkle xx

No worries :)

Have company coming at the weekend, so Sat morning is a clean fest. It is easier than it was for sure, that little bit of decluttering does add up!

Any progress anyone with the routines ? I am managing the evening dog walk and the face cream. Dinner dishes usually get done also. On top of the washing, that is getting done on the lazy saturday mornings whilst I watch telly.

Onwards with the sparkle x

Back