de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Mel, you are an inspiration. I am looking for some of that.

I did just sell two chest of draws from my garage and I have a long weekend off which I am planning oncovering the seats of the dining table, doing some carpet shampooing and I may shabby-chic-a-rise another chest and a dresser and sling them on eBay to go towards a new memory foam mattress. I may also go to a car boot sale this weekend

I so need one of those heater drying racks, no tumble dryer and mount washmore is out of controll

LOL-what have I started with my heated airer ?? it is good tho !!

Like the idea of the drawer-a-day challenge, I think i will start that tomorrow .
I blitzed downstairs yesterday-had a really good tidy up,dusted and vacuumed. Felt much better-unfortunately upstairs is a right tip but I shall get there !! Planning to attack some of that tomorrow.

Well, I did not get everything (even much of) my today's list done. But, I did do another drawer and the kitchen floor! I am still working on Mount Washmore -- making progress, slowly but surely.

LOL-what have I started with my heated airer ?? it is good tho !!

I know - do you work for lakeland, I have told other inhabitants of the foothills of mount washmore about it! You should get commision.

Mel -a Draw a day is all it takes, I am going to catch a train to birmingham shortly so no time to pick up the toy room or kitchen before I go, so both are like a bomb site - they are on the list for tonight as is a box on a shelf which has been there for quite some time (since I moved in 3 months ago and is full of junk

Enjoy your day!

I know - do you work for lakeland, I have told other inhabitants of the foothills of mount washmore about it! You should get commision.

Mel -a Draw a day is all it takes, I am going to catch a train to birmingham shortly so no time to pick up the toy room or kitchen before I go, so both are like a bomb site - they are on the list for tonight as is a box on a shelf which has been there for quite some time (since I moved in 3 months ago and is full of junk

Enjoy your day!

Why are you heading to Birmingham? work?

Mel

P.S. Have a good day Bettie!

Aw Give me a wave, I'm not far from Brum !!
No I dont work for Lakeland LOL but maybe I should ask them for commission !!

Had big plans for today but feel rubbish,sore throat etc. Going to still try and get somthing done, just scale down my plans a bit, I heard a rumour that there is a carpet in my daughter's bedroom-might see if I can get a glimpse of it !!

So far...

Two loads put away and two more loads washed -- one (of two) fluffing in dryer, one hung up in the airing cupboard, one waiting for dryer, one in washer... one drawer cleaned and sorted (pots and pans), long counter being bleached...

to be continued...

one load on the airer and another in the machine.
Kitchen and bathroom wiped over.
One girls bedroom partially tidyed and looking soo much better already
Dining table turned around from portrait to landscape LOL

Off to work now

Phew ladies!

Yes Mel - t'was work, though Obviously I snook to selfridges and imagined what it would be like to buy a vivienne westwood mock crock satchel en route.

So home I came, baby picked up, house is a pit - I have dinner cooking for the teenage dream, tot put to bed, started on the kitchen, mount washmore is still looking at me demonically - I hate washing hanging everywhere, I have some towels drying on doors for cripes sake (semi rural - thus dewy and damp at night) - grrrr I need a laundry room. I really want to use my garage to better effect.

One last day in work tomorrow then off for a long weekend of pre-christmas sorting.

So far...

Two loads put away and two more loads washed -- one (of two) fluffing in dryer, one hung up in the airing cupboard, one waiting for dryer, one in washer... one drawer cleaned and sorted (pots and pans), long counter being bleached...

to be continued...

Still working on Mt Washmore -- livingroom vacuumed (after I did my workout -- yay!), DD's packed lunch made for tomorrow, grocery shop done, all food put away and bags refolded, dinner cooked, dinner served/eaten, dishes, etc. cleaned up, dishwasher unloaded and reloaded...

Possibly to be continued... but I am knackered.

Finally I have made a start on the clutter clearing woohoo! I am taking one room at a time, bathroom first up. I don't care how long it takes but I am going to work on it every day until it looks lovely!:D

I'm glad this thread has been refreshed I was flagging! At last have semi sorted out the spare room.. Still a long way to go but getting there, it's just what to do with everything, really need to be ruthless.

Still working on Mt Washmore -- livingroom vacuumed (after I did my workout -- yay!), DD's packed lunch made for tomorrow, grocery shop done, all food put away and bags refolded, dinner cooked, dinner served/eaten, dishes, etc. cleaned up, dishwasher unloaded and reloaded...

Possibly to be continued... but I am knackered.

Mel you are a force to be reckoned with...

been up since half 5 with the terror tot - a wash is on, god knows how Im going to dry it!

Going to tackle the toy room and run the vaccum arround in readiness for late night carpet shampooing:) Thank god hubby is away, my teenager can sleep through anything!

Task for the day - find a solution to my drying problem

Thursday, Nov. 10th...

Saw my weightloss counselor (one pound off on her scales).

Returned overdue library books (paid fee)

Did a little shopping

got rid on a lot of batteries in the proper recycle bin!

... and need to get going with chores, etc. now.

BBS

Did errands this morning-bank,post office and collecting avon books in. then been to work. Going to get the washing machine going in a bit and tackle the ironing pile-actually I dont know if I shouldnt just leave it and put some fairy lights on it in a few weeks time !!!

Going to attack eldest's bedroom tomorrow, best make sure my tetanus shots are up to date

Did errands this morning-bank,post office and collecting avon books in. then been to work.

Whew! What are hard worker you are!

Going to get the washing machine going in a bit and tackle the ironing pile-actually I dont know if I shouldnt just leave it and put some fairy lights on it in a few weeks time !!!

PMSL

Going to attack eldest's bedroom tomorrow, best make sure my tetanus shots are up to date

My little dog is on standby with a keg under her chin. ;)

I did the one drawer...

in my defence my jobs are both only part time !!
did some of the ironing, but it's still worthy of maybe a small garland !!

Dont think the dog and keg are strictly necesary but send him in anyway- I am quite keen on ammaretto and tho i love southern comfort the last twice we had it in the house I fell pregnant so we dont buy it anymore LOL.

Amaretto and Diet Coke is one of my favs! Southern Comfort only when drinking Alabama Slammers!

Great motivation for a thorough clean one of my friends will be visiting next wednesday. So a bit of a frantic weekend ahead filled will emergency cleaning and finishing paper work for work.

Oh the JOY ! But I know it will feel wonderful when it is done ... just the pain of the process :-(

One day I will be a Doris Day housewife lol

Keep spreading the sparkle ladies x

Back