de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Washer got taken to the tip (had throw a fit to get it done... but it is gone).

Had a good day yesterday and intend more of the same today.
feels so good to be getting back into it !!!

Tuesday, 17.01.12

I have already baked and frosted over 50 cupcakes for the chapel youth group -- and most of the cooking mess is cleaned up. I finish that next.

Then, clean out the fridge, plan my menus, write out my grocery list... then since I have the laundry semi-sorted and -- and my CDC cancelled on me for our appt. this morning (I'm okay on product and she is caught in traffic) -- I can go do the wash before DD gets home from school.

While the wash is going at the laundry mat -- I'll have about 30 minutes to mail two packages (one British, one American -- so I have to go to both post offices) and go to the bank, and I may manage to toss some cardboard at the recycling centre, too.

Then, I'll go back -- start the clothes drying. I'll probably stay there and read my Kindle until some are dry and I can fold. Once the laundry is done, I'll go home and unload it. Then, depending on time... I may go back and grocery shop or wait for DD get home and take her with me.

Somewhere in there I have to go and put petrol in my son's car and drop off the cupbcakes.

So not alot on today then Mel ?:p

I have ambitions... let's see what I get accomplished. So, far the cupcakes, some tidying (not much), ordered the adjustible kettlebell from tescos.direct to be picked up tomorrow, wrote a long email to a dear friend in response to her email...

Have you had a look at the Fly lady website yet ? That woman is a GOD ! lol

OMG.... Thank you sooooo much.... can't believe how excited I am by a blimmin' cleaning website!!!! :happy036::giggle::bliss:

Baking mess cleaned up, cupcakes delivered...
four American sized loads washed at the launderette, mail posted to Germany and UK, and American mail picked up.

Towels are in the dryer now, a lot of the laundry is drying in the airing cupboard atm (I noticed that DD's school jumpers need emnding *sigh*, and I am about swap loads to fold. (I did not stay to dry because DD was going to be home from school and my dryer is not broken.) Oh, and a little piano practicing done for both myself and DD.

We are about to start on a homework project (see how much we can get done before DD has swim practice).

I am thinking about going to aquafit tonight... I should see if CFF (cheese fiend friend) wants to go.

wow mel, when did you move to the usa? I have completely fell by the wayside. Early december I spent two and a half hours clearing and cleaning bathroom and thought it was the start of a roll but it had opposite effect.:rolleyes:

Morning!

wow mel, when did you move to the usa?

I am FROM the USA but I live in the UK. I had an American sized washer and dryer, but my washer died in early December. The U.S. base's furniture store was out of them. I had to order a replacement (they are manufactured for the Canadian Market and are the 220/240 50hz like the UK appliances).

The washer is here -- but because of inventory -- I will not be able to take delivery for at least another week.

I have been taking my laundry to the U.S. post and using some of the 35 American size washers at the launderette. (The also have four industrial size triple loaders that are three times the size of a U.S. washer -- you can wash three sleeping bags in one of those!)

I have completely fell by the wayside. Early december I spent two and a half hours clearing and cleaning bathroom and thought it was the start of a roll but it had opposite effect.:rolleyes:

I did that with the upstairs hallway and my bedroom dresser, etc. I need to finishing sorting all of that -- and I seriously need to dust and oil the furniture.

well my mum wants to come and stay with me again for a while and has given me two days to clear up. :eek:

LOL -- I had quick pick up and tidy as my piano tutor called yesterday morning and offered to come to me. I need to get on top of things and keep it that -- I do like living in C.H.A.O.S (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome).

Been doing well with "Body Clutter" -- I have attended an Aquafit class for the past three nights!!!

Laundry already done ( from 6 to 7:30 a.m. on base -- and whilst it was washing I checked the mail at the base post office and picked that up, then went to the recycling centre and tossed some cardboard), laundry has been put away, dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, kitchen table and chairs wiped down, the floor is prepped to be cleaned...

I will do the kitchen floor, the downstairs loo, hoover the hallway and stairs, then go to the grocery store -- come home put the food away, then meet a friend for lunch.

I'm feeling Motivated... I hope it lasts!

Mel

that's great mel, sounds like a really productive day. Those american washer dryers sound cool but if had them I'd only do laundry once a month. :giggle: I am stuck in a horrible rut the past two days. :-(

I bought 3 decluttering books before Xmas hoping it'd inspire me but all I've done is read them. Gonna put away clothes in white basket and get yellow basket washed, dried and put away and then I'll feel as if ive done SOMETHING at least. :sigh:

that's great mel, sounds like a really productive day. Those american washer dryers sound cool but if had them I'd only do laundry once a month. :giggle: I am stuck in a horrible rut the past two days. :-(

I bought 3 decluttering books before Xmas hoping it'd inspire me but all I've done is read them. Gonna put away clothes in white basket and get yellow basket washed, dried and put away and then I'll feel as if ive done SOMETHING at least. :sigh:

Reading the books is the way to begin: we need to study and process before we start to work. The hierarchy of learning is Knowledge, then Application. You have know what it is you want to do, before you do it.

Are you familiar with the FlyLady website and the "zones"? -- It is very wordy and bit plough through -- but I made myself some routine sheets that I printed up and used to follow. I am going to revise and redo, but sticking to a routine really helps.

I almost never leave my sink with dishes, the dishwasher gets emptied first thing in morning, usually a load of laundry gets started, the kitche floor gets swept, etc. -- I have a "daily rota" of jobs -- but I need to redo it and get back on schedule.

One of her "rules" is to take a timer and go from room to room in your house and spend 15 minutes jusst tackling the worst bits. You'd be surprised at what you get soen in 15 minutes. And, if you do this everyday -- then eventually you start making a dent in longterm issues.

Then another rule for "major issues" to to take things out to work on them -- but only tackle what you can in hour. Then, stop and cam back to later (if you need to pack it back up then do so -- do not make a bigger mess.)

She had ideas that are fab like a control journal, etc.

You read through her book or use her website and adapt it to make it work for you.

Your all such busy bees with your cupcakes, laundry and decluttering!
I'm in the declutter zone and going from room to room tidying, trying to keep up with washing...that's my worst bit!!!
But tbh, I feel like a bloody slave! No one else in my house seems to do anything, it drives me mad! If ever my husband does anything I know about it, as soon as I walk on the door from work he says 'I hoovered up' honestly it drives me mad! Wow! I hoovered up! Good boy!
Rant over! But does anyone else have this???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm in the declutter zone and going from room to room tidying, trying to keep up with washing...that's my worst bit!!!
But tbh, I feel like a bloody slave! No one else in my house seems to do anything, it drives me mad! If ever my husband does anything I know about it, as soon as I walk on the door from work he says 'I hoovered up' honestly it drives me mad! Wow! I hoovered up! Good boy!

Hi, yeah they cover that in the fly lady book, do you have a copy? My Dad's like that, "I'm great for cleaning the kitchen aren't I?" Yeah da here's your blue peter badge! :giggle:

Did I write this post? It sure sounds as if I did.

Oh yes!!! without ANY question of doubt!!!! In fairness, as I have been at home for the past 7 weeks (bereavement leave) I have been soooooo focused!!! Cleaning has helped to distract me.... I have one HORRENDOUS room (I have nicknamed it the "indoor shed" where there is just a pathway through to the wardrobe at the end! (no joke!!) and the spare room just has a few "bags" of dumped "stuff" as well as a mass of tangled jewellery to sort.... the house has never been this organised!!!

I did buy the FlyLady book, plus registered with her website... plus bought the book that was her original inspiration!!! Yay for decluttering!! (Maybe my 11 yo DD should read it too??!! As soon as hers is sorted it seems like a pit within hours!!!!) :giveup::banghead::ignore::rotflmao:

Hi Urbanprincess --

I am so sorry about your loss.

What a fab thing you've done with your time. Your house sounded as if it was is a similar state to mine.

I declutter the office by moving all the stuff I need to sort into the diningroom -- and there it has been left. The upstairs "extra" room needs to be sorted and organised as it is my sewing, craft, etc. room.

I need to do the ironing and get the little TV room upstairs decluttered from those piles --

I could go on and on and on... of the office is a bit of tip ATm because I moved Christmas paper, packaging, excess livingroom stuff into the there to decorate for the holidays. I need to resort that room. Although, I think I will leave some of the stuff in there. Just is a more organised fashion.

I am sooooo up-to-date with the washing & ironing that I ironed the damp clothes this morning (waaaayyy easier!!) so they can get put straight away once they are dry hahahaha ;)

Back