de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Impressed! I hate ironing -- but I MUST make myself do this. I want to get caught up, then iron as I wash. I have been without a washing machine since thebeginning of December. However, the washer is in country, inventory is being done today at the warehouse, and it should be transferred to the local past this next week (I hope). Then, I can pay for it and have my DH pick it up and install it. In the meantime -- I think I'll go to the launderette tomorrow. *Sigh*

Sink.jpg

This would sort out our sinks!!!! Couldn't believe it when I accidentally came across this today!!!!

Wow !! I want one of those !!

Have been on 2 adventures today !!

The first was through the pile of stuff in the lounge-papers, toys dvd cases and whad'ya know ?? there was a coffee table under there !!!

Spurred on by this success my bravery knew no bounds and into the fridge I went. Cleared out and threw away loads of stuff that was clearly past it's best, I may even have discovered a couple of new strains of penicillin !! Looks half empty now !!. Out of time but when I get back from work I plan to wipe down all the shelves and maybe tackle some ironing.

Forget the special sink -- I want one of these!

What I have done today...

1) DD off to school
2) Dishwaser emptied and reloaded/tidied kitchen
3) Downstairs loo cleaned
4) Fence estimate guy here (2nd one)
5) Checked Minis diaries
6) swept kitchen floor
7) Gathered laundry to take to launderette
8) Got errands sorted to be done
9) Wrote out birthday card for cousin to post
10) Steam mopped kitchen floor
11) got a package ready to post my neice
12) made a MAM and had lunch
13) Sent important emails re: DD's hearing aid (2)
14) Checked minis diaries (lol)
15) read my Beck ARCS (to date on the redo)

Go you MM!!!

I ventured into the cupboard under the stairs...... came up for air several hours later!!! Then got a phone call saying that our new sofa is being delivered tomorrow, so thought it best to move the existing chairs out, hoover and wash the floors etc AND empty the top, drawers and undershelf of the coffee table too..... so as not to get any embarrassing surprises when the delivery men get here!!!

Sum total of clutter removed = 9 sacks of rubbish!!!! eeeeeEEEeeekkk!!!!! :eek:

Go you MM!!!

I ventured into the cupboard under the stairs...... came up for air several hours later!!! Then got a phone call saying that our new sofa is being delivered tomorrow, so thought it best to move the existing chairs out, hoover and wash the floors etc AND empty the top, drawers and undershelf of the coffee table too..... so as not to get any embarrassing surprises when the delivery men get here!!!

Sum total of clutter removed = 9 sacks of rubbish!!!! eeeeeEEEeeekkk!!!!! :eek:

WHOOP! Impressive!!!!

What is it?

A wine cellar under your kitchen floor !! I suspect i would never leave my kitchen again !!:eek:

Confined to barracks for a couple of days so am forging ahead with prep to decorate DD's bedroom,which will have a positive knock on effect to the rest of the house ( I hope )

OK..... so thanks for the FlyLady links.... I have read the "Sidetracked Home Executives" book and am part way through Sink Reflections" but have taken the time out to defrost the freezer!!!!! (Yay! It was desperate!!!)

I go back to work on Monday, but I know the key thing in the house is the "clothes clutter" .... I have waaaaayyyy to many!!!

I have just had a conversation with hubby on his his break at work and told him that I am going to do a Gok Wan at size 14 and have the ultimate "capsule wardrobe"..... about 30 items that just mix 'n'match to hundreds of variations..... the thought itself is exciting!!!!

I am so glad that this thread exists!!! Thanks guys.... I should have taken before and after photos of some of these rooms... I really don't think you would believe the difference.... but in fairness, I have been at home since 2nd December.... at least I feel I made the most of my time off!!! (I don't think my boss would agree, although I did tell him last week that my house has never looked so good!!!) :D

urbanprincess said:
OK..... so thanks for the FlyLady links.... I have read the "Sidetracked Home Executives" book and am part way through Sink Reflections" but have taken the time out to defrost the freezer!!!!! (Yay! It was desperate!!!)

I go back to work on Monday, but I know the key thing in the house is the "clothes clutter" .... I have waaaaayyyy to many!!!

I have just had a conversation with hubby on his his break at work and told him that I am going to do a Gok Wan at size 14 and have the ultimate "capsule wardrobe"..... about 30 items that just mix 'n'match to hundreds of variations..... the thought itself is exciting!!!!

I am so glad that this thread exists!!! Thanks guys.... I should have taken before and after photos of some of these rooms... I really don't think you would believe the difference.... but in fairness, I have been at home since 2nd December.... at least I feel I made the most of my time off!!! (I don't think my boss would agree, although I did tell him last week that my house has never looked so good!!!) :D

So would you have done all this if you didn't have flylady? Or did she give you motivation ? Should I get flylady or will she gather dust!???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So would you have done all this if you didn't have flylady? Or did she give you motivation ? Should I get flylady or will she gather dust!???

I'm actually glad I read FlyLady's inspiration first (it seemed the logical thing to do!!! ;);))

Sidetracked Home Executives: Amazon.co.uk: Pam Young, Peggy Jones: Books
Sink Reflections: Amazon.co.uk: Marla Cilley: 9780553382174: Books

And yes Karen I don't think I would have done it without... I've WANTED it... but didn't do it!!!

.... anyway.... must go and sort out my "Hot Spots" :happy036:

I have taken my eye off the ball in the last few days. Need to get back on it.
Baby steps and all that !!

Absolutely!!!! I did the real "Sink Reflection" tactic 2 days ago.... and am giggling to myself as my hubby has been sooooo good at keeping it up!!!!:D

And on top of that, my daughter came down from her room last night.... with her friend in tow.... and two black sacks of clutter that she wanted to get rid of!!!! It really is working already!!!! xxx

Comments on this please.

My dishwasher broke, I refused to get another one as my family (all adult males) were too lazy to open it to put dirty dishes and cups in, they just left them all in sink and on kitchen work surfaces. Till they ran out.
So I said you can start washing up.

Everyone now leaves washing up and I've had enough. They never dry up and put away even if I nag them to wash up. But all of them say it's not my washing up. So I've decided to buy everyone a plate bowl and cup of their own. Will get different colours. That way they will have to wash their own up? Won't they?
Or am I being childish?
Every morning I'm left with loads and even when I've worked at weekend I come home and have to do it, as everyone says it's not mine.

What do you lot think? Is it silly?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning Ladies!

I have taken my eye off the ball in the last few days. Need to get back on it.
Baby steps and all that !!

Last week was the Master Bedroom and i did NOTHING iin there... I am going to MAKE myself catch that room up and move into this week's zone. I, too, am still trying to get into the groove. I am tweaking my schedule as last years' is not working so well this year (my it more than I am not working so well).

But all of them say it's not my washing up. So I've decided to buy everyone a plate bowl and cup of their own. Will get different colours. That way they will have to wash their own up? Won't they?
Or am I being childish?

What a Brilliant Idea! Do this...

Back