de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

My routines have gone out of the window in the last few weeks but I am determind to get them back. I have done some general cleaning and tidying today just to get me started and feel better for it already.
I love Flylady but have adapted many of her routines to suit myself, I think the idea is to set up your own routines based on her basic ideas, also since I work part time I would find it impossible to follow hers to the letter but I have to say that in general it works and our home is running generally smoother for it.

Hi MommyB --

I need to get back to flying.

Been going through DD's clothes and cannot believe how much she has outgrown this year. We did this at the beginning of the school year.

Now, I need to sort for distribution. Her one friend went through the stuff this morning. Still have a pile to go through, and the hanging rail. Oh yeah, and swimsuits and then after school ends uniform stuff.

I've read this thread with interest as I have a tendency to hoard and it is one of the things that is getting me down. One massive problem I find when trying to de-clutter is concentrating on one task and not becoming distracted thus achieving nothing in a big amount of time!

angelden4 said:
I've read this thread with interest as I have a tendency to hoard and it is one of the things that is getting me down. One massive problem I find when trying to de-clutter is concentrating on one task and not becoming distracted thus achieving nothing in a big amount of time!

Sounds like me. I always have too many things going at one time.

I'm still doing really bad at this FLY-ing thing... will try to read the website for some more tips as I barely find any time these days. :eek::eek:

Managed quick tidy of the kitchen, loading and empthying the dishwasher, and washing and sorting a load of clothes yesterday evening, just barely keeping on top of things as it is. I think my house must be destined to be a mess:eek: Hopefully hubby will have a bit more free time next few days so he can take kids out and I can get stuck in and make a dent in it!

Well.... I've made a start on emptying the garage so hubby can clean and organise it.

I've done three loads of Washing and it's off to be dried.

I've even washed the covers off the sofa!

Yesterday I was sorting DDs bedroom which is almost finished ( just need some battery operated fairy lights and to put the bunting up and get some shelves)

Then in going to crack on with claiming my PPI back which I've been meaning to do for months, not much but enough for a Lakeland towel airer and a new bed!

Then

bettiesrevenge said:
Well.... I've made a start on emptying the garage so hubby can clean and organise it.

I've done three loads of Washing and it's off to be dried.

I've even washed the covers off the sofa!

Yesterday I was sorting DDs bedroom which is almost finished ( just need some battery operated fairy lights and to put the bunting up and get some shelves)

Then in going to crack on with claiming my PPI back which I've been meaning to do for months, not much but enough for a Lakeland towel airer and a new bed!

Then

Don't bother with the Lakeland drier. Bought my friend one (not Lakeland brand, but same concept) and she does not think it works as well as hanging it on the radiator rails. Why don't you have a tumble dryer? Mine is in the garage.

Good work, Nat.

MinnieMel said:
Don't bother with the Lakeland drier. Bought my friend one (not Lakeland brand, but same concept) and she does not think it works as well as hanging it on the radiator rails. Why don't you have a tumble dryer? Mine is in the garage.

Good work, Nat.

I don't really want one, I never dry my clothes in the drier because I don't like the way they feel!

Depressing about the Lakeland drier. I so thought it would be a winner.

bettiesrevenge said:
I don't really want one, I never dry my clothes in the drier because I don't like the way they feel!

Depressing about the Lakeland drier. I so thought it would be a winner.

And I do not like the stiff feel of lined dry. And if you are going ion the stiffness out - you might as well tumble dry. I use dryer sheets. That might changed your opinion.

I'm glad i stumbled across this thread. Very inspirational. I've been fluttering with Flylady too. I've adapted her routines to suit me and I have to be honest my flat has never looked so clean and clutter free. I now clean before it needs it and it is so much easier than letting it all build up and having to start from scratch. My only beef with Flylady is the amount of e mails she sends every day with the theme of 'thankyou, thankyou, thankyou - you changed my life' lol. It gets a bit... over the top tbh. I've worked out that to maintain my home in gleaming condition I only need to do 3 hours a week of cleaning (apart from the deep cleans which are on top). But there is only me living here so it's a lot less to keep on top of. How are the rest of you sparkle ladies getting on?

Morning - I was like you long before there ever was a FlyLady. I was off on Fridays so I got up on Fridays as of I was going to work and then cleaned my house. And I stayed on top on things through put the week.

Over the years I've been on and off a flying routine. I think living with other people who don't fly and don't care makes it very difficult. I feel like a servant most of the time.

I agree with you with the weirdly emails. I have adapted her routines to myself - but I think I
May adjust them to what my friend does. She had one day a week - where she does the top to bottom clean (she has a cleaner come and work with her) then just maintains through the rest of the week.

I love FlyLady - and having a timer. It helps me start things I feel are unsurmountable and over time finish them. It's good for mental health too. I clean my white belfast sink daily and change the towels, and swish and swipe too. Each little incremental bit really helps.

I disagree on the Lakeland dryer. W

e don't have room for a dryer in the house and i decided to try a Lakeland heated drying rack first. Much much better than using radiators. I love mine. I put two clean single sheet over it when stacked up - a tip from their web site reviewers. It dries over night. I now don't iron some things like work out shirts and tea towels.

I do a load a day when I have a full laundry basket FlyLady style and it works wonderfully - so do try it. Maybe MinnieMel can sell you her old one! I just don't understand why its so expensive - the profit margin must be enormous.

I have the lakeland heated airer and love mine too.

Today we are finally tacking to chaos that is our bedroom and I have to say that progress is being made. I have been feeling very fed up lately and demotivated in lots of areas so this is just what I needed-just to start somehwere means there is hope LOL

AliGal said:
I love FlyLady - and having a timer. It helps me start things I feel are unsurmountable and over time finish them. It's good for mental health too. I clean my white belfast sink daily and change the towels, and swish and swipe too. Each little incremental bit really helps.

I disagree on the Lakeland dryer. W

e don't have room for a dryer in the house and i decided to try a Lakeland heated drying rack first. Much much better than using radiators. I love mine. I put two clean single sheet over it when stacked up - a tip from their web site reviewers. It dries over night. I now don't iron some things like work out shirts and tea towels.

I do a load a day when I have a full laundry basket FlyLady style and it works wonderfully - so do try it. Maybe MinnieMel can sell you her old one! I just don't understand why its so expensive - the profit margin must be enormous.

I'm glad to hear that it is good. I bought one as a gift and the recipient complained that her radiators did a better job. I never used it. I just know that I won't be buying her anymore expensive gifts.

MinnieMel said:
I'm glad to hear that it is good. I bought one as a gift and the recipient complained that her radiators did a better job. I never used it. I just know that I won't be buying her anymore expensive gifts.

See was it a Lakeland one? I ask, because they get such a good rep and for 4p an hour running costs, cheaper than an A rated tumble dryer! I hate washing hanging around the house. Drives me actually nuts!

:smoke:<--- Slinks back in.

Hello there ladies. Will do a full catch up of where peole are later, but to the faces that were around when I was a good while back HELLO THERE !

House back to CHAOS, no routines in place, and a similar place with my eating as well.

For those as well as myself that need some motivation ,,,, I am getting the whip out :whip: No more wailing :boohoo: no more procrastinating and chilling out

Time to have a shake and get going with the organising and cleaning. What is on everyone's hit list today ?

Hello Clara !!! it's good to know that I am not the only one who has totally lost the plot. . I am sure we can get back to where we were and further into the world of being organised.

Back