de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

We were doing really well at one point lol Ah well the best laid plans of mice and men eh ?

In the early stages of returning to a VLCD, so not much get up and go. should be fine by the weekend and will do some catching up then. All the basic cleaning for me as I am so behind !

I am poised and ready to go for ten minutes in the kitchen ( my hot spot) before shining my sink and heading to bed!

OOO well done that woman, My only redeeming feature yesterday was that I sorted my recyclables and bins for bin day today, and also cleared the fridge. Getting in the habit of doing the swish and swipe in the mornings and the bed tends to be put back in order.

Step by step x

Been cleaning and organizing all the bits and bobs that go with my DD's massive doll house (that is being passed to two sisters ages 4 and 7 - whose parents divorced two years ago). However, there was so much stuff - we filled a doll case with some Bratz, shoes, clothes, dishes, food, etc. and gave it to our neighbor along with one of the cars for her great-grandchildren to play with when they visit. My DD took that over last night!

The house, etc. may go today or certainly over the weekend. Then the upstairs hallway will be spring cleaned and her keyboard will go in it's place. (We bought a piano, but DD wanted to keep the keyboard).

That was kind of your daughter Mel, I am such a hoarder I dont think I could have parted with something like that. Is there any hope for me? lol

First load of washing already on for me and a day of pottering and cleaning ahead 15 mins at a time.

Clarabow said:
That was kind of your daughter Mel, I am such a hoarder I dont think I could have parted with something like that. Is there any hope for me? lol

First load of washing already on for me and a day of pottering and cleaning ahead 15 mins at a time.

Fab plan - good flying. The FlyLady suggests you "bless" others. We love the house and are sentimental about it - but it will be lived and played with 2 little girls in its new home. Do you remember the Island of Misfit Toys fri. The Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer movie... They want to be loved.

I'm going to "set some" things up and take some photos of DDS with the house today - and one of those will be place I. Her Birthdays scrapbook with 3rd birthday photos - we have one of her standing on a chair playing with this house. Now she is 5'5"!

There is a book called, "Does this Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat" that talks about the "psychological issues that cause us to hold on stuff being similar to those that keep us from losing weight.

Grab a bin liner or box and go do a 27 Item Boogie! (get rid of 27 things) - I gave away 27 pieces (more) of clothing yesterday.

And more than 27 Bratz dolls and bits with the case to the neighbor! The big house and accessories is probably hundreds of bits and bobs. Lol. Feels liberating.

MinnieMel said:
Fab plan - good flying. The FlyLady suggests you "bless" others. We love the house and are sentimental about it - but it will be lived and played with 2 little girls in its new home. Do you remember the Island of Misfit Toys fri. The Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer movie... They want to be loved.

I'm going to "set some" things up and take some photos of DDS with the house today - and one of those will be place I. Her Birthdays scrapbook with 3rd birthday photos - we have one of her standing on a chair playing with this house. Now she is 5'5"!

There is a book called, "Does this Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat" that talks about the "psychological issues that cause us to hold on stuff being similar to those that keep us from losing weight.

Grab a bin liner or box and go do a 27 Item Boogie! (get rid of 27 things) - I gave away 27 pieces (more) of clothing yesterday.

And more than 27 Bratz dolls and bits with the case to the neighbor! The big house and accessories is probably hundreds of bits and bobs. Lol. Feels liberating.

Love it! I'm going to try and clean the windows today. I may do a 27 item boogie and I will deffo gift some of alaras toys away. She is growing so fast!

I'm also washing and foodshopping. I wish they could be done in 15 minutes!

Mel , you want to move in with me for a bit :)

Done fairly well today majority of hoovering done. Kitchen table hot spot addressed. Bane of my untidy life that. Upstairs sitting room sorted and new DVD plugged in.

Roll on tomorrow :)

Clarabow said:
Mel , you want to move in with me for a bit :)

Done fairly well today majority of hoovering done. Kitchen table hot spot addressed. Bane of my untidy life that. Upstairs sitting room sorted and new DVD plugged in.

Roll on tomorrow :)

LOL, I'd probably do better jobs a yours!

Bag of clothes dropped off to a friend for her child. (Possibly 27 items)

House set up for photo op - then will be loaded into van for transport

Shelf bought for x-tra room (sewing, craft, storage). This room needs serious flying!

Blind purchased for DH's office (his elliptical is in front of the window and I faces the street.

Hello! I have just read through loads of this thread. I am generally pretty clean, most of my house looks very tidy but you don't have to look far to find clutter! I currently rent a 3 bed, 2 bathroom semi with a conservatory and garage with my OH and we are looking to move in to a city centre apartment in a few months time so need to downsize our stuff drastically! I don't actually have much 'stuff' but my OH is terrible for hanging on to things.

I have a few things that need sorting:

- Clothes in the spare room which need hanging/putting away. I have a habit of doing a load of washing then sticking the pile in the spare room and forgetting about it. I've sorted through all my clothes recently but OH really needs to sort through his. He's got loads of stuff that is old and worn or is now too big as he's lost loads of weight (I have the opposite problem and have loads of clothes that are too small!!!).

- I have a big box of toiletries in my wardrobe which need sorting through. They have been sat there since we moved last October and I'm sure a lot of it can be chucked out.

- OH has the smaller spare room as his 'studio' which has some shelves which are full of junk! Well what I'd call junk but he doesn't...

- We have a couple of boxes in the conservatory which need sorting out or putting in the garage. Also a few boxes in the garage with stuff from when we moved! If we haven't used them since we moved last October we obviously don't need them!!

- I have the usual cupboard under the stairs with stuff that needs sorting through! Loads of letters, paperwork etc too.

- The kitchen is fairly organised except random things seem to have collected on top of the fridge (which may I add I cannot reach so OH must have put all this stuff there!). Also some letters which have accumulated too.

I don't know where to start!!!!!

Felix said:
Hello! I have just read through loads of this thread. I am generally pretty clean, most of my house looks very tidy but you don't have to look far to find clutter! I currently rent a 3 bed, 2 bathroom semi with a conservatory and garage with my OH and we are looking to move in to a city centre apartment in a few months time so need to downsize our stuff drastically! I don't actually have much 'stuff' but my OH is terrible for hanging on to things.

I have a few things that need sorting:

- Clothes in the spare room which need hanging/putting away. I have a habit of doing a load of washing then sticking the pile in the spare room and forgetting about it. I've sorted through all my clothes recently but OH really needs to sort through his. He's got loads of stuff that is old and worn or is now too big as he's lost loads of weight (I have the opposite problem and have loads of clothes that are too small!!!).

- I have a big box of toiletries in my wardrobe which need sorting through. They have been sat there since we moved last October and I'm sure a lot of it can be chucked out.

- OH has the smaller spare room as his 'studio' which has some shelves which are full of junk! Well what I'd call junk but he doesn't...

- We have a couple of boxes in the conservatory which need sorting out or putting in the garage. Also a few boxes in the garage with stuff from when we moved! If we haven't used them since we moved last October we obviously don't need them!!

- I have the usual cupboard under the stairs with stuff that needs sorting through! Loads of letters, paperwork etc too.

- The kitchen is fairly organised except random things seem to have collected on top of the fridge (which may I add I cannot reach so OH must have put all this stuff there!). Also some letters which have accumulated too.

I don't know where to start!!!!!

Pick one area and don't take out more than you can through in an hour. Then do that. And do it again and again.

I make deals with my DH. Such as, I'll take DD to her ice skating lesson if you'll file that paperwork whilst I'm gone.

Yours could be... While I'm making dinner why don't you fill this bag with clothing that is too big. Then the nex time you leave the house the bag goes in the car and into the charity bin.

MinnieMel said:
Pick one area and don't take out more than you can through in an hour. Then do that. And do it again and again.

I make deals with my DH. Such as, I'll take DD to her ice skating lesson if you'll file that paperwork whilst I'm gone.

Yours could be... While I'm making dinner why don't you fill this bag with clothing that is too big. Then the nex time you leave the house the bag goes in the car and into the charity bin.

Thanks Mel! I've just sorted through the big box of toiletries! Found so much stuff I forgot I had, i'll compile a list to show how ridiculous it is:

- 13 pairs of boxed fake eyelashes (I must wear fake eyelashes once a year, why did I buy these?!)

- loads of nail art stuff which I have now moved in to a big toiletry bag with the rest of my nail polishes and tools. Nail art pens, hundreds of transfers, two Avon French manicure sets which haven't been opened. Plenty of nail files and buffers etc. A massive box of fake nails which I never remember buying, I won't use them!

-Two boxed hair dyes which I will never use so don't know what to do with them, I don't want to throw them out as its a waste!

- 11 plastic combs, all of various sizes (WHY?!), 4 hair brushes and hundreds of grips, bobbles and sectioning clips.

- 5 body lotions, Bio Oil, four ladies shower gels, a full set of Baylis & Harding lotions (also have another one in the bathroom, and a Body Shop one)

- Heat protection spray, hair mousse, hair shine spray, an Andrew Barton 'big hair' gift set.

- Men's toiletries, all unopened and some which are exactly the same a couple of times over! 6 body washes, 3 hair styling pots, 7 body sprays, 3 moisturisers, 4 shaving balm things, 2 aftershaves (to add to the 16 he already has!!), some shoe polishes (random) and some other bits. I've put these in a box in the main bathroom to encourage OH to use them.

- Random Lush stuff. 2 bath bombs, 3 massage bars, 1 bubble bar, 1 sugar scrub, 1 body scrub and 2 slices of soap. These are also in a box in the bathroom!

Also loads of random stuff including razors, unused tooth brushes, scissors, makeup bits. I can't believe how much we have. I chucked loads of stuff out too! What is wrong with us?! A lot of it is things from gift sets at Christmases. I don't have space for all of this!

Now off to have a Lush bubble bath :D

eBay it -- save the money for your move and the bits you'll need for the new place. Enjoy your bath.

Well done!!! Baby steps.

Doll house so big it had to be partially disassembled to go down the stairs. In the van with box of dolls and bits and furniture. Ready for delivery tomorrow.

Box of doll furniture to neighbor who was given some doll stuff for her great grand kids.

Bag of egg cartons to neighbor with chickens.

Two bags of donations to be dropped at thrift store.

Do much to do.,, but working on it!!!

MinnieMel said:
eBay it -- save the money for your move and the bits you'll need for the new place. Enjoy your bath.

Well done!!! Baby steps.

Doll house so big it had to be partially disassembled to go down the stairs. In the van with box of dolls and bits and furniture. Ready for delivery tomorrow.

Box of doll furniture to neighbor who was given some doll stuff for her great grand kids.

Bag of egg cartons to neighbor with chickens.

Two bags of donations to be dropped at thrift store.

Do much to do.,, but working on it!!!

I was thinking of eBay but I am so lazy with posting things because I work through the week the post office is only open until 11 on a Saturday so sometimes I don't make it! I might ask my sister if she wants to hair dyes and everything else will probably last us forever! Won't have to buy any toiletries for months haha!

It's right though, little and often works! Tomorrow I'm going to hang all the clothes up and have a good clean of the kitchen and bathrooms. Will ask OH to sort through his clothes next weekend :D

Felix said:
I was thinking of eBay but I am so lazy with posting things because I work through the week the post office is only open until 11 on a Saturday so sometimes I don't make it! I might ask my sister if she wants to hair dyes and everything else will probably last us forever! Won't have to buy any toiletries for months haha!

It's right though, little and often works! Tomorrow I'm going to hang all the clothes up and have a good clean of the kitchen and bathrooms. Will ask OH to sort through his clothes next weekend :D

Offer to give your sister the dyes in exchange for her helping you eBay the rest.

There is a fab thread on Money Saving Expert about using up toiletries ,, it has really helped me reduce my stash of stuff. There are many things I wont ever have to buy again if I was sensible lol

The FlyLady encourages you to use them as cleansers.

Ooh just seen the thread on MSE! Very good indeed. I feel like I need to make an itinerary of stuff we have so we know what we have to use :D

Back