de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Haha!

It made me laugh too.

Ouch!

mommyB said:
' waxed my table, legs and underneath'

Do you mean the table's legs and underneath or your own ??LOL

Sorry that has just made me giggle like an adolesant !!!!

Onwards and onwards indeed

No more Mr Grey type books for MommyB!

Myself and mr grey have not been officially introduced !!

Well I am pleased to report that today has been much better for me and I feel that I have actually 'achieved'.
Tidyed the kitchen, cleared off all the work surfaces and cleaned them.shined my sink. Did 2 loads of washing. Todyed up the lounge and gave the bathroom a swish and swipe. emptied all the bins and threw all the old fruit out of the fruit bowl and cleared out the breadbin.

I call that a good start.

I'm only a tidier when I'm stressed so, since I'm on day 2 of WW I'm up to eyeballs in pointing everything and working out what I can eat. That's enough stress to have made me tidy the livingroom and bathroom from top to toe.... So I'm hoping the whole tidying thing might becme a habit!

Tonight OH and I went through his extensive collection of dvds and cds and music magpie'd the ones he has on his hard drive. 3 books listed on amazon, the rest in a bag for library donation tomorrow. Also have 5 ikea dvd/cd storage boxes for charity shop and some vinyl to figure out where to sell.

Doing well, ladies! I thoroughly cleaned the kitchen. (including removing all the magnets, etc for. The fridge and giving the exterior a good scrub - now this is an American Fridge so it was a big job). I need to check my FlyLady to find out where I'm supposed to be focused this week! Downstairs loo cleaned, hallway vacuumed, enhanced mopped -- and laundry, too. I did over 12,000 steps just doing housework today! A lot of that using as team mop, regular mop, swifter mop, vacuum, broom, etc. lol. What a work out!!! And that is only 1/3 of the downstairs somewhat cleaned.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite mel, when I'm down or stressed I cant cope or face it.

Thankfully that wasnt the case today and i do feel much better for getting something done !

Last edited:
mommyB said:
I'm the opposite mel, when I'm down or stressed I can cope or face it.

Thankfully that wasnt the case today and i do feel much better for getting something done !

Rainbowbear is the stress tidier... I'm a routine person -- the problem isvsome things never get got to IYKWIM.

I way behind on spring cleaning stuff... Because of that broken wrist.

Last edited:
Well because I had such a good day yesterday, once I've done my morning routien I can chill out this morning and make some jewellery-which makes today even better !!!

mommyB said:
Well because I had such a good day yesterday, once I've done my morning routien I can chill out this morning and make some jewellery-which makes today even better !!!

Awesome!!!

Flylady's email said that this weeks' focus is on the kitchen - and I'm almost done with the week's focus, so I'll direct my energies on a hotspot. And since Tuesday is planning, I'll get some appointments booked and so forth.

So far - DD up, fed and off to school. DH off to work. Dog and fish fed. Dog let out. Dishwasher unloaded reloaded. Water and breakfast consumed. Laundry to be "rebooted" - but beds must be stripped first - as all laundry was dine yesterday. I have some to put away, still. DD was asleep when I folded the last load. (The lady I found to iron leaves on holiday today -- so, I may be ironing this evening. I liked being all caught up.)

I plan to get back to scrapbookimg this summer -- I have a lot of things on my "to do" list.

Done a little this morning before work, hoovered downstairs, pegged washing out, flowers arranged in vase and rubbish put out. Last night did a bit on the kitchen table hotspot, this doesn't stay clear for long at all ! I must find a place for things not dump them on the kitchen table.

Decluttering ,,, ah yes what a good idea. After all as it is said YOU CANT CLEAN CLUTTER !

Onwards ever onwards ladies x

Clarabow said:
Done a little this morning before work, hoovered downstairs, pegged washing out, flowers arranged in vase and rubbish put out. Last night did a bit on the kitchen table hotspot, this doesn't stay clear for long at all ! I must find a place for things not dump them on the kitchen table.

Decluttering ,,, ah yes what a good idea. After all as it is said YOU CANT CLEAN CLUTTER !

Onwards ever onwards ladies x

Fab start to your day!!!

Clarabow, love that quote... You can't clean clutter !
I'll have to remember that one x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Rainbowbear is the stress tidier... I'm a routine person -- the problem isvsome things never get got to IYKWIM.

I way behind on spring cleaning stuff... Because of that broken wrist.

Yep you've written me in one sentence; so eloquently put! Love it! Saying that I actually hoovered today and for once not because of stress.... maybe this thread is having an impact on me :)

Rainbowbear said:
Yep you've written me in one sentence; so eloquently put! Love it! Saying that I actually hoovered today and for once not because of stress.... maybe this thread is having an impact on me :)

Morning All --

I am thinking about retraining -- my last course qualified me as a:

image-3141012930.jpg

Mini mel,

How is the Judd thing working for you ?

Clarabow said:
Mini mel,

How is the Judd thing working for you ?

I'm following The Skinny Rules and pseudo JUDDDing and I've lost 4 pounds in a week. I'm was at my 2012 low weight this morning. Today was an UP DAY so I won't weigh until after tomorrow's DOWN DAY.

Back