de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

This weeks' assignment should you choose to accept it (From the FlyLady)

Zone 3: Bathroom and an Extra Room

This week we are focusing on the main bathroom and one extra room. The extra room may be a second, or third bathroom, a guest bedroom, a child's bedroom, the office, or maybe the laundry room. Just pick one extra room and focus on it this week.

The bathroom: Do you live in fear that someone will actually see your bathroom? It is too easy to close our eyes to the mess that is hiding right behind the bathroom door. This week, we are going to open that door to the bathroom, and BabyStep, by BabyStep, we are going to conquer the CHAOS that is the main bathroom!

Your bathroom should give you sense of relaxation and joy when you enter. This is a place for you to pamper and take care of yourself. Treat the room with love and respect and it will bless you with comfort and peace.

FlyBabies: Remove the obvious clutter, take out the dirty laundry, and empty the garbage can.

If your bathroom is clean but still cluttered: Start decluttering (makeup, old towels, old medicine, hair supplies, shampoos, etc.). Check out Kelly's missions, she usually sends out one during the week which concentrates on decluttering one small area of your bathroom.

If your bathroom is decluttered: (that means no more clutter -- only the things you use and love) Go onto the detailed cleaning list. You will be amazed at how wonderful a 20-minute mini-vacation in a hot bath (complete with candles and bubbles) will feel when the CHAOS is gone from the bathroom. Enjoy!

Don't forget to add the bathroom to your daily routines. A couple of minutes focusing on the bathroom each day will make a huge difference!

FLY Spot

We're in Zone 3: the Bathroom and Another Room.

Take a few moments this week to examine your towels and wash cloths. Do you have an adequate amount?
If not, budget a little money each week to purchase a new towel or a couple of wash cloths.
Are you embarrassed to let anyone see your thread bare and torn towels?
Then you also need to budget a little money for new towels! You, your family,nand guests deserve nice fluffy towels to enjoy after bathing.
What to do with the worn towels? Offer them to your local animal shelter. They usually love donations of used linens so that the animals have something besides a cold concrete floor to sleep on!

Whoo hoo for once fairly ahead on that game. Just hoovered the floor in there, had a long soak in the bath so will wash that out after. Just the shower tray to go over then all ship shape :)

My other room ... well could do with hitting the spare room and the mountains of summer clothes that need sorting out and hanging up. I really need to get rid of stuff. I hardly wear any or it! Hmm food for thought.

Have a good day ladies x

Woo, finally cleared the worse room in my house, it's been like a constant thing in my head, a must do soon thing. Now it's done I feel so much better!!! I knew it bothered me but didn't realise how much, now I feel free lol not cluttered :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Last edited:
Brilliant!

Funny how your attention drops off for a few days and it's like a laundry bomb explodes in your house!

I must crack this.

bettiesrevenge said:
Brilliant!

Funny how your attention drops off for a few days and it's like a laundry bomb explodes in your house!

I must crack this.

Don't I know it... Sigh.

Hello, havent been on this thread for a little while, been mega busy and dealing with some 'stuff'.

I have finally finished work now for 6 weeks woohoo and already feel like I am getting back in control just by doing a little bit here and there every day. I have accpeted some help from OH-yes I know this sounds daft, but i am a bit of a control freak and really do think that if I dont do it it's not done right. I need to let go of this attitude for the sake of my own sanity !!LOL

I have also farmed out my backlog of ironning to someone as just seeing it there everyday was getting to me.

We go on holiday a week tomorrow so this week is going to be getting organised and packing but I would also like to leave the place looking at least ok to come back to. I hate it when you've been away and really land with a bumo when you come back thru your own front door to chaos !!

So that's me for now-Mel I love your post reminding us all where flylady is says we should be !!

MinnieMel said:
This weeks' assignment should you choose to accept it (From the FlyLady)

Zone 3: Bathroom and an Extra Room

This week we are focusing on the main bathroom and one extra room. The extra room may be a second, or third bathroom, a guest bedroom, a child's bedroom, the office, or maybe the laundry room. Just pick one extra room and focus on it this week.

The bathroom: Do you live in fear that someone will actually see your bathroom? It is too easy to close our eyes to the mess that is hiding right behind the bathroom door. This week, we are going to open that door to the bathroom, and BabyStep, by BabyStep, we are going to conquer the CHAOS that is the main bathroom!

Your bathroom should give you sense of relaxation and joy when you enter. This is a place for you to pamper and take care of yourself. Treat the room with love and respect and it will bless you with comfort and peace.

FlyBabies: Remove the obvious clutter, take out the dirty laundry, and empty the garbage can.

If your bathroom is clean but still cluttered: Start decluttering (makeup, old towels, old medicine, hair supplies, shampoos, etc.). Check out Kelly's missions, she usually sends out one during the week which concentrates on decluttering one small area of your bathroom.

If your bathroom is decluttered: (that means no more clutter -- only the things you use and love) Go onto the detailed cleaning list. You will be amazed at how wonderful a 20-minute mini-vacation in a hot bath (complete with candles and bubbles) will feel when the CHAOS is gone from the bathroom. Enjoy!

Don't forget to add the bathroom to your daily routines. A couple of minutes focusing on the bathroom each day will make a huge difference!

FLY Spot

We're in Zone 3: the Bathroom and Another Room.

Take a few moments this week to examine your towels and wash cloths. Do you have an adequate amount?
If not, budget a little money each week to purchase a new towel or a couple of wash cloths.
Are you embarrassed to let anyone see your thread bare and torn towels?
Then you also need to budget a little money for new towels! You, your family,nand guests deserve nice fluffy towels to enjoy after bathing.
What to do with the worn towels? Offer them to your local animal shelter. They usually love donations of used linens so that the animals have something besides a cold concrete floor to sleep on!

I'm liking this post :) thank you x

Ok sad I know! But used brasso on my stainless steel sink, fab! So shiny! But make sure to give it a good wash after. Made it look like new, x

Still struggling with the laundry!

mommyB said:
Hello, havent been on this thread for a little while, been mega busy and dealing with some 'stuff'.

I have finally finished work now for 6 weeks woohoo and already feel like I am getting back in control just by doing a little bit here and there every day. I have accpeted some help from OH-yes I know this sounds daft, but i am a bit of a control freak and really do think that if I dont do it it's not done right. I need to let go of this attitude for the sake of my own sanity !!LOL

I have also farmed out my backlog of ironning to someone as just seeing it there everyday was getting to me.

We go on holiday a week tomorrow so this week is going to be getting organised and packing but I would also like to leave the place looking at least ok to come back to. I hate it when you've been away and really land with a bumo when you come back thru your own front door to chaos !!

So that's me for now-Mel I love your post reminding us all where flylady is says we should be !!

Sounds like you've got yourself organised, let me tell you there is no better feeling than walking in the door to a clean house, I used to walk back in and the dread and realisation would hit me of all the things I had to do, now all I have to do is the washing from the holiday.. Mammoth enough task!

Where you off to on your holiday? X

Zest for Life said:
Ok sad I know! But used brasso on my stainless steel sink, fab! So shiny! But make sure to give it a good wash after. Made it look like new, x

Still struggling with the laundry!

Never used brasso but have you tried shiny sinks? I use it to clean mine and it's great stuff x

HPSaucy said:
Never used brasso but have you tried shiny sinks? I use it to clean mine and it's great stuff x

Yes I couldn't find any though. So used brasso instead. It is bit messy to use though and bit smelly but works really good . :)
I prob wouldn't use it if I washed up in my sink though!!!

Zest for Life said:
Yes I couldn't find any though. So used brasso instead. It is bit messy to use though and bit smelly but works really good . :)
I prob wouldn't use it if I washed up in my sink though!!!

I was thinking "ooh I might try some brasso next time" but seeing as I do my washing up in it I'll stick to the good ol shiny sinks! Out of interest what do you use your sink for then?! Is it in a utility room? X

HPSaucy said:
I was thinking "ooh I might try some brasso next time" but seeing as I do my washing up in it I'll stick to the good ol shiny sinks! Out of interest what do you use your sink for then?! Is it in a utility room? X

Just put stuff in there if dishwasher full. Well I don't the kids and hub di!!! Lazy they can't open the dishwasher door, drives me mad!!!
All this black stuff came off, think its from where it ozadises it said? but if I can find some shiny sinks I'll get it!

This week's Assignment from the FlyLady is:

Dear Friends:

We are back in the master bedroom and now we are going after the
dusties! Let's grab those feather dusters or detailed dusting rags and dust the
bedroom furniture. This means to pick up anything that is on these
surfaces and dust underneath of them, also to dust the lamps and the
decorative items as well. Bust out the Dust!!!!!!

Look around your bedroom and see if you missed any dust, if you were
paying for a hotel room on vacation would you want to pay for a room
with dust? We are turning our homes into our own personal vacation
retreat. Your home should be your very favorite retreat!

I've been out a lot -- and am going to try an accomplish this assignment.

I have a mountain of laundry, as well. I'm tempted to do a launderette catch up.

Me too! Oddly, I did the master bedroom as part of my mini revamp. So we have a clean sweep there! What I'm missing though is the holiday retreat vibe!

Laundry is a mountain in my kitchen. It depresses me!

I have organised so much stuff this week!!!

We had a leak from the upstairs bathroom which soaked the spare room carpet. Removed everything from the room and put it back a couple of nights ago when the carpet had dried out and it looks beautifully neat and tidy! OH has sorted the garden out today (weeding and cutting the grass), and I've cleaned the whole house top to bottom. It looks spotless! My mum, sister and nieces are coming to stay for the weekend so needed to sort stuff out.

Also sorted through the cupboard under the sink. Almost finished all my washing pile. Organised the kitchen, including cupboards and went through the spices/sauces and baking stuff and chucked a ton of out of date things out! It looks very neat now too. And I tidied the cupboard under the stairs. Cleaned the bathrooms (including dreaded en suite shower) and tidied up OH's studio.

All I need to do now is clean the oven... Phew!

MinnieMel said:
This week's Assignment from the FlyLady is:

Dear Friends:

We are back in the master bedroom and now we are going after the
dusties! Let's grab those feather dusters or detailed dusting rags and dust the
bedroom furniture. This means to pick up anything that is on these
surfaces and dust underneath of them, also to dust the lamps and the
decorative items as well. Bust out the Dust!!!!!!

Look around your bedroom and see if you missed any dust, if you were
paying for a hotel room on vacation would you want to pay for a room
with dust? We are turning our homes into our own personal vacation
retreat. Your home should be your very favorite retreat!

I've been out a lot -- and am going to try an accomplish this assignment.

I have a mountain of laundry, as well. I'm tempted to do a launderette catch up.

Thanks mini:)
Love this weekly post x

bettiesrevenge said:
Me too! Oddly, I did the master bedroom as part of my mini revamp. So we have a clean sweep there! What I'm missing though is the holiday retreat vibe!

Laundry is a mountain in my kitchen. It depresses me!

Laundry my absolute biggest nightmare!!!

Felix said:
I have organised so much stuff this week!!!

We had a leak from the upstairs bathroom which soaked the spare room carpet. Removed everything from the room and put it back a couple of nights ago when the carpet had dried out and it looks beautifully neat and tidy! OH has sorted the garden out today (weeding and cutting the grass), and I've cleaned the whole house top to bottom. It looks spotless! My mum, sister and nieces are coming to stay for the weekend so needed to sort stuff out.

Also sorted through the cupboard under the sink. Almost finished all my washing pile. Organised the kitchen, including cupboards and went through the spices/sauces and baking stuff and chucked a ton of out of date things out! It looks very neat now too. And I tidied the cupboard under the stairs. Cleaned the bathrooms (including dreaded en suite shower) and tidied up OH's studio.

All I need to do now is clean the oven... Phew!

Impressive!!! You go, girl.

Back