de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

mommyB said:

Lol I tend to keep way too much on hand.

I have a bag of stuff to give away or toss, too. I organized (cleaned out) four cupboards today. Whew! I even wiped down the appliances in the cupboard and tossed four corroded cooking tins.

So far today I have cleared off cleaned and rearranged another work top area in the ktichen. Bleached and shone my sink too.

Made a start in the bedroom too. Picked up all the clothes and sorted all the dry washing into ironing and putting away piles. Looks loads better already !!!

mommyB said:
So far today I have cleared off cleaned and rearranged another work top area in the ktichen. Bleached and shone my sink too.

Made a start in the bedroom too. Picked up all the clothes and sorted all the dry washing into ironing and putting away piles. Looks loads better already !!!

That's impressive. Got little done around the house - but got rid of recycling, two bags of donations and ran several errands.

Tomorrow I'll get more done around the house.

mommyB said:
Today's focus is on getting xome of those piles of clothes actually put away. This wil involve clearing a path to drawers and wardrobes !!

I've done a bit f that! Lol

And worked on the paper clutter a bit.

Yesterday I got 75% of the clothes put away but also got DD2 to go thru some of her games and get rid of some which was a bonus.
Not really got anythng planned for today-not feeling 100% so chilling tho we have to pack tonight as we are away for the weekend and leaving straight after school tomorrow. Telling myself that I am saving my energy for that !!

mommyB said:
Yesterday I got 75% of the clothes put away but also got DD2 to go thru some of her games and get rid of some which was a bonus.
Not really got anythng planned for today-not feeling 100% so chilling tho we have to pack tonight as we are away for the weekend and leaving straight after school tomorrow. Telling myself that I am saving my energy for that !!

Works for me! ;)

gettingfit said:
Oh my god Mel.Are you expecting a food shortage?

Here is mine.:)
After looking at the photos I have found my salt.:DI knew I had one in there but couldn't see it so I went and got another one.

That's not including the spice cupboard. Lol.

I think it is an American thing. Stocking up... Big country you could be a long ways from a proper shop depending on where you lived. ;)

Last edited:
Friday Focus: cleaning out your handbag and car.

Crisis Cleaning Your Car!
flylady, 10/5/2012 4:00 am

Dear FlyLady,

I've been fluttering and flying low for a year now - in my home. I've stopped and started a few times but have come to realize I'm a SHE that NEEDS routines and very small increments (hello timer!) of cleaning and de-cluttering in order to live peacefully and with a smile on my face. I'm not perfect and I've learned not to expect that of myself or my two DS's or my home.

I wanted to write to confess that my flying NEVER left my front door. I had a car that was fully sunk into CHAOS. UFO's, crumbs, trash and toys that seemed to multiply, along with books and mail. I turned a blind eye to it because I felt overwhelmed. My wake up call came four days ago when I was driving on the freeway here in Arizona. It was 104 degrees and I saw a former student of mine and her mother on the side of the road. My very first instinct was to pull over and give them a ride or at least let them cool off in my car while we waited for a tow truck. But I glanced in the back seat and my stomach turned and my heart sank. There was no ROOM for those sweet ladies to get in my car! I was SO ashamed... drove past them and prayed that the tow truck would come quickly. I went home and cried. Then dried my tears and grabbed some bags - time for a Crisis Cleaning for that car! I sorted and tossed and sweat my tushy off while I thought of those ladies and committed to having a hospitable car where I can open the door and say "come on in".

Purple Puddles today when I was driving down a different stretch of the same freeway today and saw one of my church friends on the side of the road. I immediately pulled over and invited her in while she was waiting for AAA. I was able to keep her from the 102 degree heat and I even had an extra few bottles of water and some snack baggies of almonds in the car! We enjoyed our visit on the side of the freeway and I've already emailed your website to her as she requested! SUCH a blessing to be free of CHAOS in my home and now in my car.

Thank you for your wisdom, advice, and encouragement.
Hugs from a FlyChickie in Tucson, AZ

On today's todo list. I need to "restock" my water, check my "be prepared" basket, and put some bars, nut packs in the car. (It also need a good hoovering, wipe down and glass clean inside - and a drive through the car wash outside.

Saturday Focus:

Daily Focus Saturday

Family fun Day

Saturday is Family Fun Time!
This a special time just for you and your loved ones to spend time renewing your relationships with each other. Your week has been busy and time has been limited, so spending some special time with your family is so very important today.

Here are some great Family Fun Time ideas for you:

A movie at the local theater
A picnic in the park
A few games at the bowling alley
Family Board Game Night
There are endless possibilities for you and your family to share. For even more great ideas sent in by members just like you, check out this link: Family Fun Ideas.

"Yeah! It's the weekend! Time for the weekend dance! LOL! Have some fun!"

Worked in DD's room and the "art area" today. Sorted out some games and craft stuff to go (it's a start). And worked on October's focus: clearing paper clutter.

DD is chucking her collection of American Girl magazines, some other magazines, some CDs, some bits and bobs, craft kits (too "little kiddish"), etc. Not the huge clear out I'd like -- but a start. I'm giving the DWN (Dog Walker Neighbor) first refusal on anything that is going... And then the rest goes to the base thrift shop as a donation not consignment. They can sell it and use the money towards base charitable stuff.

We moved the larger rectangular pine table that went with the corner bench into her room to be used as desk. It was our kitchen table in Germany and has been the arts and crafts table in this house for 7 or more years. So, we did a little shifting, sorting and cleaning. As DH does not want to raise the curtain rods, I'm going to tack up a shorter hem on DD's curtains -- and maybe I'll get her tie backs made (finally).

We had to shift the table and the benches because our dining room table and sideboard that was left in the States 18 years ago is arriving on Wednesday. It was at my SIL's for years (she had a huge house) along with a lt f other stuff that either outlived its lifespan or we told her to pass along rather than ship. But the dining room furniture is antiques and we are very fond of them. Plus, I wanted my crystal and personal (sentimental stuff -- if only to shift through and toss).

Motivation -- make room and clean up!

mommyB said:
Just purchased a groupn deal to get my carpets cleaned !!

But spend some of that windfall on you!!!

Minimel..... Omg just seen handbag clear out!

I need to catch up you ladies been so busy!
I'm cluttered to the max ATM.

My list for today

1. get dressed washed brush hair etc.
2. wash up breakfast things and tidy kitchen.
3. wipe over bathroom
4. hoover and dust stairs/ landing
5. sort a box of paperwork.
6. make beds and pick up in bedrooms.

free time !!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning!

mommyB said:
Oh yes, I feel a cut and colour coming on !!

New do? Woohoo!

Zest for Life said:
I need to catch up you ladies been so busy!
I'm cluttered to the max ATM.

You just jump in -- wherever you are. No catch up... It's not a race, but like managing your weight: it's taking control. BABY STEPS!!!

Today: Following "Skinny Rules"

What's for dinner? Sort that.

1. Finish dusting, cleaning, clearing hallways (up and down). Wash and oil antiques furniture.
2. Vacuum stairs.
3. Clean front door (in/out), plus glass panel windows.

Laundry

4. Quick clean kitchen (wipe table, counters -- trash, recycling out). Sweep and mop floor.
5. Clean master bath (tub, sink, loo, floor)
6. Dust and clutter clear bedroom - big job set a time limit
7. Base errands
8. Grocery shop

Pack -- Print boarding passes, etc.

Back