de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Lol I want a really pretty girlie bedroom x that doesn't smell of men... They do smell ay! Lol

CupcakoJoo said:
I'm doing this as well. Also spurred on by the fact my OH left me 7 weeks ago (another reason I started Slimming World!) as he never let me decorate or furnish the house to my taste, it was always his! My bedroom now looks gorgeous and girly!

Sounds lovely. I hope Slimming World works well for you.

Zest for Life said:
Lol I want a really pretty girlie bedroom x that doesn't smell of men... They do smell ay! Lol

No kidding. When we settle for good I want my own bathroom!

Oops-- didn't post yesterday.

Thursday is "errands day" -- I did not do all of mine (hopefully, I will finish up today). I did get out and do some shopping in the evening.

I started on a "procrastinated item" -- bagging and rolling the ridiculous accumulation of coins in the house. I need more wrappers and bags -- and I'll try to get more of those today.

I'm going to rehang DD's curtains today. I FINALLY shortened them on Wednesday.

I need to bathe the dog, clean the ensuite and then move into the hallways and do some cleaning and tidying.

It is also FRIDAY --which is clean out your purse and car day.

BUT -- we have the reschedule bowling lesson (my DS teaching a friends young home schooled son) -- the mum and I have a coffee whilst they bowl.

ShredFanSW said:
Just to update you all - paid the deposit on the new house today, picking up the keys next week!

Whoop! You'll be in and settled in good time for the holidays! How exciting.

woohoo !! is it abrand new house then ??

Sneak Peek for the Week: November 18 - 24, 2012

This week we are in Zone 4: The Master Bedroom. (Done recently, so this will be easy)

This month's Habit is: Menu Planning (doing this week, today -- then shopping)

I didn't get the ensuite properly sorted, so I'll work on that. It really needs a refurb (sigh).

Dear Friends,

This week, we have a full week in Zone 5: the Living Room. Today, I
want you to spend 15 minutes getting rid of anything that does not
belong in your living room. Things that have gotten thrown in a
corner, on a chair, or even the floor. The things that you almost
don't even see because they have just become part of the room, get it
out! If it does not belong there then out it goes!

This does not mean that you have to spend three hours in your living
room, do what you can do for 15 minutes and then stop!

December's Habit is a Special Gift just for YOU!

We will be starting a new habit in just a few days.

December is a very busy time and along the way of caring for others, you put yourself at the end of the line.

December's habit is Pampering Yourself! Now I don't want to hear that you do not have time! This is why we made December's Habit Pampering! All we ask is that you do something nice for yourself every day!

Dear Friends,

This week, we have a full week in Zone 5: the Living Room. Today, I
want you to spend 15 minutes getting rid of anything that does not
belong in your living room. Things that have gotten thrown in a
corner, on a chair, or even the floor. The things that you almost
don't even see because they have just become part of the room, get it
out! If it does not belong there then out it goes!

This does not mean that you have to spend three hours in your living
room, do what you can do for 15 minutes and then stop!

My living room is trashed with wrapping paper, packing boxes, etc. but as soon as I get that "sorted" (tonight and tomorrow) I'll tidy it up and do a good clean, so I can drag out the decorations and get the tree up. I'm going to look for a green artificial tree for this year - I'm tired of the white "Barbie" one.

So much to do -- I need to be more not less organized.

I will manage this week because the only room I seem to be able to really clean properly is my kitchen. I started this month's "new habit" by coloring my hair (much needed). I'm going to scrub my tub and make my bathroom lovely and (possibly) have a soak this evening. I'll also book an appointment to get my brows done later this week. I'm out tomorrow with a friend to shop at the big base... So, I need to get my lists sorted for that.

From the FlyLady:
Sneak Peek for the Week: December 2 - December 8, 2012

This week we are in Zone 2 - The Kitchen

New Habit for December 2012 - Pampering!!!
Spend a few minutes each day taking care of yourself. Take time to rest! Eat good food and drink your water. Then do something really special for yourself: a bubble bath to relax, sit with a cup of something warm or enjoy a few minutes reading your favorite book.

December is filled with hustle and bustle! Slow down and give yourself a gift of pampering! You can do anything for 15 minutes! Even pamper you!

Missions for December 2- 8, 2012 - Zone 2 - The Kitchen

Zone 2: Mission #1 Monday

We are back in the kitchen!! Clean your kitchen trash cans! Take out the trash and wash the cans out! You know what happens
when that trash bag slips down and yet the rest of the family still tosses things in there! Use a soapy rag and wipe down the sides and the bottom. Some of you may need to take the can outside and spray it out with the hose (weather permitting of course). You can also use the shower in the bathroom!If you have a lid, don't forget to clean the underside.

Zone 2: Mission #2 Tuesday

Your mission for today should you choose to accept it: Scrub down your counter-tops. I don't mean to just wipe a rag across them! I mean you get some hot soapy water and you wipe down the counters from front to back and side to side. Yes, you have to move the stuff on the counters to do this. DON'T take everything off at one time and then plan to put it all back again, I promise you will get sidetracked and then you will all email me crying that it is all my fault!! LOL! You just move your toaster (or coffee pot or whatever this is an example here! :>) ) over to one side and wipe down the counter, then move over a foot or so, move aside what is there and wipe down some more and so on. We are not marathon cleaning the kitchen here, just getting all the crumbs and junk that seems to build up behind and under things. Have fun! Don't obsess! Enjoy!

Zone 2: Mission #3 Wednesday

Grab those toothbrushes and get ready! Yep! You guessed it! Get an OLD toothbrush and some soap and scrub those kitchen sink faucets! You will be amazed at how much gunk and grime will come off around the handles! You shine your sink everyday but today we are going to make those faucets sparkle! While you are at it take that soapy toothbrush and scrub your rings that you are wearing that have gotten grungy and make them sparkle too!

Zone 2: Mission #4 Thursday

Today we are going after the big appliances!

I am not telling you to clean your ovens and tear apart your refrigerators. Just wipe off the fingerprints, the spills and the
dried food that gets stuck on the stove, the dishwasher and the refrigerator. Wipe down the doors,the handles and the surfaces.

This is not a detailed cleaning mission where you need to spend hours scrubbing, just 15 minutes to surface clean your large appliances.

Zone 2: Mission #5 Friday

Today is our last day in the Kitchen!! For today I want you to grab your broom and your mop. Sweep your kitchen floor really well and then mop. There are several ways to mop a kitchen floor and no real wrong way. Hot soapy water and wipe. There is no "perfect" mop and no "perfect" way to do it. Just sweep, mop and you're done!

Happy Tuesday! 3/12/12

Zone 2: Mission #1 Monday

We are back in the kitchen!! Clean your kitchen trash cans! Take out the trash and wash the cans out! You know what happens
when that trash bag slips down and yet the rest of the family still tosses things in there! Use a soapy rag and wipe down the sides and the bottom. Some of you may need to take the can outside and spray it out with the hose (weather permitting of course). You can also use the shower in the bathroom!If you have a lid, don't forget to clean the underside.

Did this!

Zone 2: Mission #2 Tuesday

Your mission for today should you choose to accept it: Scrub down your counter-tops. I don't mean to just wipe a rag across them! I mean you get some hot soapy water and you wipe down the counters from front to back and side to side. Yes, you have to move the stuff on the counters to do this. DON'T take everything off at one time and then plan to put it all back again, I promise you will get sidetracked and then you will all email me crying that it is all my fault!! LOL! You just move your toaster (or coffee pot or whatever this is an example here! :>) ) over to one side and wipe down the counter, then move over a foot or so, move aside what is there and wipe down some more and so on. We are not marathon cleaning the kitchen here, just getting all the crumbs and junk that seems to build up behind and under things. Have fun! Don't obsess! Enjoy!

I wish !! The place is in such a state I just needed to do SOMETHING!!!!

Baby steps!!! I just spent ages scrubbing the ensuite bathroom. I'll give the downstairs loo a clean in a few, then shower a dress to go to the shops. Oh yeah, I need to make dinner, too.

Back