de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Morning --

Missions for Zone 3 - The Main Bathroom and another room, we are going to have that other room rotate through the house to
get ready for the guests that may be coming through our homes in the next few week.

My main bath is pretty good -- so, I will definitely focus on the "one other room" -but it'll be two (the dining room and extra bedroom aka craft room/dump zone).

Can't do the Monday Blessing -- as I'm off to the Clothes Show today. I WILL do it tomorrow.

Woo. Clothes show. Super jeal!

I'm trying to fly around my house today. My kitchen is half painted! Must finish that today!

Woo. Clothes show. Super jeal!

I'm trying to fly around my house today. My kitchen is half painted! Must finish that today!

Oh sounds nice. I have have done some decorating -- I should get sorted.

But first "home blessing", wrapping (list checking), etc.

Last edited:
Sorting photos for friend to make DD a calendar. She has done this every year -- it's loads of work for me, but DD loves it.

Then errands not done yesterday, incl. proper shop. Dinner in slow cooker, dishes done, laundry drying and needing to be put away. Still wrapping, sorting, list making...

Christmas countdown anyone?

Today's plan - finish painting my kitchen then swipe all surfaces and decluttering.

Wrap and inventory presents bought so far

Clean through downstairs

Order last bits

Make lists....I love lists!

Christmas countdown anyone?

Today's plan - finish painting my kitchen then swipe all surfaces and decluttering.

Wrap and inventory presents bought so far

Clean through downstairs

Order last bits

Make lists....I love lists!

Go you. I'll see what I can accomplish today, as well.

Lists are going to be my new years resolution !!

I have replaced my two broken kitchen timers used for cooking -- and my Christmas guest bought me a spare. I'll be carrying that around with me as I clean. That and my water bottle. This week's focus is the living room (and family room, if you have one) but as I'm not going to take the tree down until the 6th -- I'll swap this zone for the dining room and guest room -- my major clutter areas. I really want to make progress in these rooms.

Sneak Peek for the Week

December 30, 2012 - January 5, 2013 -- This week we are in Zone 5: The Living Room

Zone 5: Mission #1 Monday

We are going to be in Zone 5 this week. This is the Living Room and Family Room. We are going after the hidden clutter
in these rooms. Take a look around you and see what is laying around that is really clutter but because you have become so used to it being there you don't see it as clutter. Have you purged those magazines and books lately? How about the videos, dvd's and cd's?
Are they strewn in piles all over that because they belong in these rooms you don't see them anymore? Your mission for today is to set your timer for 15 minutes and go after the "hidden" clutter in these
rooms. You will be amazed at how much neater the rooms look when you tackle this. Do not get obsessed and take apart the whole room.This is about progress NOT perfection. Just tackle one thing at a time!
Zone 5: Mission #2 Tuesday

Yesterday we went after the "hidden" clutter in the Living Room and the Family Room. Today you are going after the trash. Now you may think you have no trash in these rooms but look under the couch and the chairs. Lift up the cushions and check out what seems to magically get swallowed up in the couch. Check under the end tables and the coffee table. Set your timer for 15 minutes and grab a trash bag and start tossing. You will be surprised at how fast you can do this mission. I bet you all will have time left to spare!! Be careful not to lift things that are too heavy and awkward on your mission. Ask for help if you need it!
Zone 5: Mission #3 Wednesday

Today is the day we go after that "stuff" that gets left in the Living Room and the Family Room.

The shoes, jackets, laundry baskets etc. Set your timer for 15 minutes and go after the things that need to be put away. Deliver
them to the proper homes and get back to the rooms and check them again. Do not get sidetracked when you are putting something away in another room and start picking up that room. Example if you are taking shoes to your room don't get sidetracked by stopping and straightening something in the bedroom. Put away what you need to and go back to the Zone rooms. If you notice that you need to straighten in another room that you have made a delivery to, then review your schedule and see if you can go to that room for a 5 minute room rescue. If you do not have time then look ahead to your
schedule and try to figure out when you can get there!! This is not all or nothing! This is all about babysteps and being proud of the small things that we can accomplish!
Zone 5: Mission #4 Thursday

Easy Mission today, now that we have gotten rid of the clutter and trash we are going to grab those vacuums and do a detailed session in your Living/Family room!
Zone 5: Mission #5 Friday

For a really fast mission today let's clean those door knobs, light switches and remote controls in the Living/Family Rooms. A little soap and water or alcohol on a damp rag can go a long way to kill those germs.

Hello, I have bought myself a family calendar for 2013. There is a column for C, me & the 2 kids, plus birthdays & one spare column. I was thinking of writing my fly missions in this so I can see them quickly. Even just what zone then dust, mop, rubbish etc.

I did a major declutter of my house a few months ago so its mainly routines & more detailed cleaning I need to do plus keep on top of the clutter.

Sent from my new ARCHOS tablet :)

We had a major sort out in our room today. I have to admit I got really despondant when we were at that stage where it looks worse before it gets better, but I am sooo glad it's done now !!

We had a major sort out in our room today. I have to admit I got really despondant when we were at that stage where it looks worse before it gets better, but I am sooo glad it's done now !!

No kidding -- I make such a mess trying to sort one.

Post a picture. I'll tidy my room tomorrow and reciprocate. ;)

Hey guys,

Making a conservative effort to stop lurking and post so here I am!

DH did bribe, I mean give me the incentive earlier that if we managed to sort out the back bedroom (aka junk room) he would buy me a beautiful dressing table I was looking at online earlier.

Must be honest that I had already decided that I am sick of looking at all the junk we have accumulated and I need to pull my finger out x

Great thread.....body and house clutter are connected, no doubt.

Maybe you all will motivate me to do some house clearing this year.

Kids wardrobes sorted new clothes put away & old to donate :)

Sent from my new ARCHOS tablet :)

Whoop! Great start to the New Year.

Great thread.....body and house clutter are connected, no doubt.

Maybe you all will motivate me to do some house clearing this year.

I actually have a book that was given to me as a joke -- but turns out o be legit -- entitled: Does this Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat!

Back