de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

I've never understood the laying out clothes thing lol, I just take something out of the wardrobe and put it on

I've never understood the laying out clothes thing lol, I just take something out of the wardrobe and put it on

LOl that works wonderfully if your clean clothes have actually made it into the wardrobe !!:rolleyes:

I have just stood & put my clothes away, the bedding & towels, as well as the kids clothes. My OH is asleep in bed cause he's 'sick' so I've quietly cleared my chest of drawers, the box beside my bed that acts as storage/beside table & the kids chest of drawers which now live in my room on my side of the bed. My half of the room looks lovely!
My OH has clothes to put away which I can do myself tomorrow. He has things all over his chest of drawers & bedside table which he would need to sort himself so I'm closing my eyes to it. I will not nag. I will just enjoy the calmness I have brought to my side of the room.
I have left clothes out for myself & the kids for tomorrow, set my alarm & have climbed in to bed. I need to catch up on sleep so I'm off to pod :)

Sent from my new ARCHOS tablet :)

I have just stood & put my clothes away, the bedding & towels, as well as the kids clothes. My OH is asleep in bed cause he's 'sick' so I've quietly cleared my chest of drawers, the box beside my bed that acts as storage/beside table & the kids chest of drawers which now live in my room on my side of the bed. My half of the room looks lovely!
My OH has clothes to put away which I can do myself tomorrow. He has things all over his chest of drawers & bedside table which he would need to sort himself so I'm closing my eyes to it. I will not nag. I will just enjoy the calmness I have brought to my side of the room.
I have left clothes out for myself & the kids for tomorrow, set my alarm & have climbed in to bed. I need to catch up on sleep so I'm off to pod :)

Well done Mama-bear! You're an inspiration! I am going to get up and clean my craft desk (a real hot-spot) after watching my recording of university challenge :D

Love reading this thread, I just wish my husband and grown up boys would care about the mess too. They don't seem to notice it though.
Why is it men don't really care?!

Love reading this thread, I just wish my husband and grown up boys would care about the mess too. They don't seem to notice it though.
Why is it men don't really care?!

This is very true, but luckily my husband knows it makes me happy, so he definitely does his fair share. He works at home every monday and tuesday, and the place is usually nice and tidy when I get in. He will also wash up without prompting. If he was single, the place would be a mess, but he does it to make me happy :character00100:

If my husband lived alone his house would be spotless, but since he has a wife he "lets" me do everything! My MIL was super mom and he thinks that is how all women are!

My hub just says... Oh I'm getting told off again! I'm like what?! Your not a child! Why can't you open dishwasher put your cup in? Why can't you put lid on toothpaste? Honest if I could rent a nice apartment on my own I'd do it up all girlie and ban men! X

Well done Mama-bear! You're an inspiration! I am going to get up and clean my craft desk (a real hot-spot) after watching my recording of university challenge :D

Aww, thank you! Some days I'm flying & others I'm not but I keep trying.

My worst offending is leaving clothes lying around... I have always been terrible for it. I am good at washing them, but they very rarely make it into a drawer or wardrobe, I live out of the basket. I am at least now putting the dirty ones in the washing basket and not leaving them lying around anymore :eek:

That is one of my worst habits too. Wash them, wear them off the dryer!

I only do this because I usually get up as early as 3am and I don't want to be looking around in the dark for the right clothes! At that time in the morning I need to be thinking about very little so if my clothes are there ready then I can just chill with a coffee before work :D I don't do it when I'm not at work though

Morning!

DH and DD dressed, fed and out of the house. (I noticed her school trousers are a bit short. I might try and get her some more today.) Dog fed, let out, back in...

Dishwasher loaded and running. Clothes in dryer. Another load waiting to be dried. Time to change the beds and launder the sheets. I need to make dinner early since I'm going to my "intro to crochet class" at 5:30 this evening.

Time to finish my coffee, have breakfast and get busy...

So far today i have

decluttered and cleaned the work tops on one half of the ktichen.
got a load of laundry in the machine
some tidying in the bathroom
lots of clean towels put away
I have emptied all the bins and have them lined up in the bath soaking in bleach.
I have the kitchen sink soaking in bleach
I have decluttered the stairs-you know the pile oif things that get put there to go up but stay there for weeks !!

Oh yes i'm pretty pleased with myself so far :D

So far today i have

decluttered and cleaned the work tops on one half of the ktichen.
got a load of laundry in the machine
some tidying in the bathroom
lots of clean towels put away
I have emptied all the bins and have them lined up in the bath soaking in bleach.
I have the kitchen sink soaking in bleach
I have decluttered the stairs-you know the pile oif things that get put there to go up but stay there for weeks !!

Oh yes i'm pretty pleased with myself so far :D

I've just read your list -- I need a nap, now! Impressive.

Last edited:
So far today...
beds all made
dressed (me & kids)
breakfast & lunch
kitchen is tidy again
dishwasher has been emptied & partially loaded again with what we've used today
one load of laundry washed & in dryer
another load in the washer

I've done each of my bedroom mission this week so today's is vacuum...I plan to do the kids rooms & landing while I'm at it.

Not so much done here this afternoon as my mate came round for an hour, but all work and no play isnt good is it ? LOL and it was nice to catch up.
I may do a few more little jobs before making dinner if I feel like it.

So far today...
beds all made
dressed (me & kids)
breakfast & lunch
kitchen is tidy again
dishwasher has been emptied & partially loaded again with what we've used today
one load of laundry washed & in dryer
another load in the washer

I've done each of my bedroom missions this week so today's is vacuum...I plan to do the kids rooms & landing while I'm at it.

Well I haven't vacuumed yet but I did clean the fish out & went on a hunt for my birth certificate -have saved myself £15 by finding it!

Not so much done here this afternoon as my mate came round for an hour, but all work and no play isnt good is it ? LOL and it was nice to catch up.
I may do a few more little jobs before making dinner if I feel like it.

No we all need a little play time :)

Back