de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Well I havent quite achieved my whole list but my goodness it looks so much better already !!
Tidyed the whole of downstairs-kitchen, bathroom, lounge, hallway stairs and back passage. Shone my sing, wiped down the worktops and gave the bathroom a wipe over, took out all the recyling, emptied the bins, and put a load of laundry on.
I've also had 3 phone calls , had I not been interupted I wreckon I woulde had 15 minutes in at least one of the bedrooms but I am pooped now.
Just having a cuppa before I head off to work- I may do some of upstairs later if I feel up to it. Still not 100% healthwise so I dont want to set myself back

Took a break from cleaning to... IRON!
(Still have at least 15 long-sleeved shirts, plus the other bits and pieces to iron.). Sigh!

image-3527154758.jpg

Time to move on...

Well I havent quite achieved my whole list but my goodness it looks so much better already !!
Tidyed the whole of downstairs-kitchen, bathroom, lounge, hallway stairs and back passage. Shone my sing, wiped down the worktops and gave the bathroom a wipe over, took out all the recyling, emptied the bins, and put a load of laundry on.
I've also had 3 phone calls , had I not been interupted I wreckon I woulde had 15 minutes in at least one of the bedrooms but I am pooped now.
Just having a cuppa before I head off to work- I may do some of upstairs later if I feel up to it. Still not 100% healthwise so I dont want to set myself back

Super Flying!

Last edited:
I've not been feeling too good mentally the last few days, my wonderful husband has been helping a lot, tidying while I'm at work yesterday and today. He is away from Wednesday morning til Friday night, so I am going to set myself a little task each evening while he is away...

Wednesday: deep clean bathroom and downstairs loo

Thursday: 15 minutes per zone

I've not been feeling too good mentally the last few days, my wonderful husband has been helping a lot, tidying while I'm at work yesterday and today. He is away from Wednesday morning til Friday night, so I am going to set myself a little task each evening while he is away...

Wednesday: deep clean bathroom and downstairs loo

Thursday: 15 minutes per zone

Sorry you've been not 100%. We're here -- even when your DH is away -- good planning. .

Mini mel, you are so flying! Your house must be a super clean organised house. Zero clutter? No dust and a super shiny sink!!!
Well done, it's my aim to become far more organised I hate chaos it niggles away in your head. I must clean this clear that ect...
I love this thread. :)

Mini mel, you are so flying! Your house must be a super clean organised house. Zero clutter? No dust and a super shiny sink!!!
Well done, it's my aim to become far more organised I hate chaos it niggles away in your head. I must clean this clear that ect...
I love this thread. :)

Not in the least... There are two rooms that are a nightmare. One that's not great and loads of things to sort and toss. The living room, kitchen, bathrooms, my bedroom, and little "media room" are all pretty good -- DD's bedroom needs a toy, junk sort and toss (it's tidy but needs this), DS's room looks okay but needs a deep clean. Then there is the dining room that has boxes and stuff stacked in it and the extra bedroom (craft room) one can barely get into -- and DH's office is messy. And, let's not discuss the garage and garden. I have "hot spots" to clear, too. Baby steps.

Well I got no more done this afternoon as I got engrossed in a project which turned into a mass 'making' session LOL

However after dinner I washed the dishes AND put them away again, lunch boxes prep'd and in the fridge for morning, uniforms ready and I have even cleansed and moisturised my face- ALWAYS do it in the morning, rarely in the evening.

Last edited:
Super job MommyB!

Up, dressed (in fitness clothes, but at least it's not Pjs), breakfast cleared up, DH & DD out, dog out/in fed, fish fed, dishwasher unloaded/reloaded/ laundry in progress -- plan of attack:
Laundry all done
More ironing
Counters and appliance clean/ wipe down finished
Hallways (up/down), stairs & bedrooms vacuumed

**errands: post office (mail pick up and post), base shop (returns, check sales), craft shop (pick up framed item), food store (few items) -- off base (DIY door hook -- replace broken one)... And?

Dinner: paprika chicken (thanks Kally for idea), Spanish Rice, roasted med veg and BNS soup starter for the boys.

Me... Out at 5:15 for crochet class part 2.
So, I need to practice today.

Almost done with ironing. Laundry all washed -- Drying now. One counter cleaned and all wiped down. All appliances except -- taking everything off fridge to scrub exterior (tomorrow) -- is wiped, though.

image-3122374600.jpg

OK I kicked my own ass...

Today I have showered, washed & conditioned hair etc, then bathed kids & done all related pampering.
Upstairs bathroom swished & swiped, downstairs powder room swished & swiped. Kids clothes all put away, all mine & OH's drawer clothes away (hanging up still to do). Upstairs landing, 3 bedrooms, bathroom & most of stairs are vacuumed. Mirrors downstairs have been cleaned. I've dusted & polished in the living room, then tidied it up. I lit a Yankee candle. All laundry gathered up & brought downstairs.
Having a wee sit down then I will sweep the downstairs floors & spray a room spray. Last job to tackle is the kitchen as its the worst. I need to do laundry, dishwasher, counters etc. I need to hang my clothes too.

The house is looking quite good (except the kitchen).

Oh I forgot...also done an impromptu clean of the fish thanks to one wayward toddler!

Sent from my new ARCHOS tablet :)

Haha Well done MammaB, get a takeaway tonight, so you dont have to go into the ktichen !!

nope I cooked! Oven roasted pork loins in olive oil & herbs; root veg mash;boiled potatoes & vegetable gravy :)

Before that I cleaned the kitchen. Counter tops have been washed down, one load of laundry in, dishwasher emptied & reloaded (needs emptied & reloaded again), sink shone. All the downstairs floors swept, table cleared etc.

Good work for one day I reckon.

Also managed to squeeze in some business networking & a stock photo shoot,lol :D

Go you !!

I too had a burst of energy after dinner. Washed the dishes, made up the lunchboxes for tomorrow, uniforms ready, cleaned and mosturiezed again, small load of laundry and put a pile of towels away !!

Oh yeah-Go me too !!!!!

Well done! :D

I've just cleaned the kitchen after dinner, emptied the dishwasher, made a chocolate cake (it's currently baking) & loaded the dishwasher & turned it on :D

morning-am in a great mood today and raring to go !!!

So far-up washed dressed, hair AND make up :eek:. Breakfast, made beds, washed dishes, kitchen tidyed and surfaces wiped down girls off to school, bins and recycling taken out, washing machine loaded and started.

Plans for rest of morning
Put dishes away, shine my sink
swish and swipe the bathroom
clean the bath, included everything off the sides and cleaned too
dust,polish, vacuum downstairs
Make a start on putting huge pile of clean clothes away upstairs.

Dont very often feel this energetic so I'm going with it !!!!

Super Day Mama-Bear! I remember when my DS over fed the fish! Those problems get traded for others.

morning-am in a great mood today and raring to go !!!

So far-up washed dressed, hair AND make up :eek:. Breakfast, made beds, washed dishes, kitchen tidyed and surfaces wiped down girls off to school, bins and recycling taken out, washing machine loaded and started.

Plans for rest of morning
Put dishes away, shine my sink
swish and swipe the bathroom
clean the bath, included everything off the sides and cleaned too
dust,polish, vacuum downstairs
Make a start on putting huge pile of clean clothes away upstairs.

Dont very often feel this energetic so I'm going with it !!!!

Whoop! Glad you're feeling better! Let's see -- dishes done, sink cleared, floor swept, laundry rebooted, bed made, dressed in fitness clothes, brekkie and vitamins consumed, light box used, dinner planned, downstairs loo swished and swiped...

About to vacuum the most of the house up and down, then try to finish ironing, finish laundry... Errands and dinner... Fitness and crochet practice before last class. (Oh, pop into shop forgot a couple of things yesterday.)

Sounds like a busy day there Mel !!

I have completed my list, didnt just make a start on putting the clothes away, have put the majority of them away-ran out of time so will finish when i get back from work.
As I've gone around the house this morning I've been making a list in my head of what needs doing in each room and how to break it down into managable chunks-maybe it IS time to get that control journal going :D

Dont We just love Flylady!

15 mins of this and that gets it all done! I love it!

Washed and showered to shoes, even got make up on today!
swished and swiped bathroom
made bed and tidied up
did washing up and shined sink
washing on and on the line
washed out the stinky kitchen bin! yuck
cut up veg for soup in slow cooker
on here for ...... HOW LONG!
Going to treat myself to a spot of crafting.. got all the fabric out
then cook dinner and then watch Silent Witness tonight!

Might even do a bit of Body Magic on the walker for 20 mins!

Sounds like a busy day there Mel !!

I have completed my list, didnt just make a start on putting the clothes away, have put the majority of them away-ran out of time so will finish when i get back from work.
As I've gone around the house this morning I've been making a list in my head of what needs doing in each room and how to break it down into managable chunks-maybe it IS time to get that control journal going :D

Have the list not ticking things off!

Dont We just love Flylady!

15 mins of this and that gets it all done! I love it!

Washed and showered to shoes, even got make up on today!
swished and swiped bathroom
made bed and tidied up
did washing up and shined sink
washing on and on the line
washed out the stinky kitchen bin! yuck
cut up veg for soup in slow cooker
on here for ...... HOW LONG!
Going to treat myself to a spot of crafting.. got all the fabric out
then cook dinner and then watch Silent Witness tonight!

Might even do a bit of Body Magic on the walker for 20 mins!

Impressed!

Back