de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Today is Wednesday: Anti-Procrastination Day. (Really focusing on this -- caught up briefly with CFF, sorting this weekends plans, working on April trip, have two Easter boxes ready to mail, will FNALLY grocery shop... And do more, I hope).

This week we are in 2 Zones:
Zone 5: The Living Room
Zone 2: The Kitchen

February Habit: Decluttering for 15 Minutes a Day (done :) )
March Habit: Getting Dressed to the shoes (done :) )

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth (done :) )
* - Make Bed (done :) )
* -Swish & Swipe (Am cleaning downstairs loo)
* -Empty Dishwasher (done :) )
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) (done :) )

* -Check Your Calendar (done :) )

* -Check Your Control Journal (need to make one)

* What's For Dinner? (Planned -- will shop, return and prepare)

* Drink Your Water (working on it)

* Declutter for 15 Minutes (done :) )

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise) (Need to start this)

Zone 5: Mission #3 Wednesday

Today I want you to spend 15 minutes getting rid of anything that does not belong in your living room. Things that have gotten thrown in a corner, on a chair, or even the floor. The things that you almost don't even see because they have just become part of the room, get it out! If it does not belong there then out it goes! This does not mean that you have to spend three hours in your living room, do what you can do for 15 minutes.

(I guess I need to finish the ironing and put the board and iron away.)

​Got a little bit of work done here but still much more to do before the lounge is back to how I like it to be. Hoping I can get closer to it tomorrow

Not done much here today been running around to medical appointments, but I did the washing up, and a load of laundry.

Today is Wednesday: Anti-Procrastination Day. (Really focusing on this -- caught up briefly with CFF, sorting this weekends plans, working on April trip, have two Easter boxes ready to mail, will FNALLY grocery shop... And do more, I hope).

MORE:

GROCERY SHOPPED! Took DD to cash a check she's had for some time. Shopped with her, too (bought some clothes on sale). Fixed dinner. Cooked the chicken and started the sauce for enchiladas for foot op friend -- who Ill bring lunch tomorrow. Wrapped a birthday gift - have two more to wrap for DD sibling friends. Bought my great-nephew's gift and card, bought card for niece (need to order book for her) and great-niece (need to finish Scrapbook). Started putting together DD's birthday party goody bags. Will try to combat procrastination tomorrow, too.

February Habit: Decluttering for 15 Minutes a Day (done :) )
March Habit: Getting Dressed to the shoes (done :) )

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth (done :) )
* - Make Bed (done :) )
* -Swish & Swipe (Am cleaning downstairs loo)
* -Empty Dishwasher (done :) )
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) (done :) )

* -Check Your Calendar (done :) )

* -Check Your Control Journal (need to make one)

* What's For Dinner? (Planned -- will shop, return and prepare)

* Drink Your Water (working on it)

* Declutter for 15 Minutes (done :) )

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise) (Need to start this)

Zone 5: Mission #3 Wednesday

Today I want you to spend 15 minutes getting rid of anything that does not belong in your living room. Things that have gotten thrown in a corner, on a chair, or even the floor. The things that you almost don't even see because they have just become part of the room, get it out! If it does not belong there then out it goes! This does not mean that you have to spend three hours in your living room, do what you can do for 15 minutes.

(I guess I need to finish the ironing and put the board and iron away.) -- haven't done this! Boo!

I did a spruce yesterday and forgot my work briefcase and archive files which have been behind the door since October! That's how much it's part of the furniture. Shocking. Will move it today though!

Quite proud of myself today.Really feel like curling up in a ball and ignoring the world but I have done a load of laundry and hung it on the airer and spent 10 mins or so clearing a hot spot in Liv's bedroom, so at least I feel like I have achieved something !!

Today is Thursday: Errand Day. (Will Do -- post office, bank, commissary for return, toss recycling, visit foot op friend and bring meals, plus pick up her laundry to do...)

February Habit: Decluttering for 15 Minutes a Day (Done)
March Habit: Getting Dressed to Shoes (Am okay, but will shower and redress after housework)

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth (Not o leave house, but to ken door)
* - Make Bed (Always)
* -Swish & Swipe (Cleaning loo -- got side tracked with visitor yesterday)
* -Empty Dishwasher (Dine & Reloaded)
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) -- (Two washed, drying -- airing cupboard and tumble dryer)

* -Check Your Calendar (Done)

* -Check Your Control Journal (Don't have -- will make one)

* What's For Dinner? (Chicken Pie and Enchiladas)

* Drink Your Water (Working on it)

* Declutter for 15 Minutes (Done)

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise). -- (need to do this)

Zone 5: Mission #4 Thursday

Let's grab all those shoes, books and jackets that seem to pile up and put them away. In my house, no one ever drops their things there, they get up and walk there all by themselves! LOL! Grab these things and set your timer. I bet you can do this in less than 15 minutes. (I do this daily)

I'm assembling and baking enchiladas, making a chicken pot pie, then cleaning the kitchen floor. I will finish wrapping the gifts, assembling the gift bags, and try and declutter the kitchen some more.

ERRAND LIST (may carry over to tomorrow)

I'll be tossing recycling, taking a bag of stuff to the thrift store to donate, a bag of old clothes to someone collecting for a fund raiser, picking up some pictures I had framed for DH and dropping off a photo of the kids to be framed, mailing the boxes I've packed, the card, and checking mail. I also need to do banking.

Today is Sunday: Renew Your Spirit Day

This week we are in Zone 2: The Kitchen

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes (Oops bad start -- in cleaning sweats)

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
* - Make Bed
* -Swish & Swipe
* -Empty Dishwasher
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away)

* -Check Your Calendar

* -Check Your Control Journal

* What's For Dinner?

* Drink Your Water

* Declutter for 15 Minutes

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise)

* Before Bed Routine:
* -Lay out Your Clothes for tomorrow
* -Check Your Calendar
* -Put things needed for tomorrow at the Launch Pad
* -Where are your Keys?
* -Spend Two Minutes Clearing off a Hot Spot
* -Shine Your Sink
* - Wash face/Brush Teeth
* -Go to Bed at a Decent Hour

Sneak Peek for the Week - March 3 - 9, 2013

This Week we are in Zone 2 - The Kitchen

Our habit for March is Getting Dressed to Shoes:

Zone 2: Mission #1 Monday

Your mission for today should you choose to accept it: Scrub down your counter tops, I don't mean to just wipe a rag across them! I mean you get some hot soapy water and you wipe down the counters from front to back and side to side. Yes, you have to move the stuff on the counters to do this. DON'T take everything off at one time and then plan to put it all back again, I promise you will get sidetracked and then you will all email me crying that it is all my fault!! LOL! You just move your toaster (or coffee pot or whatever this is an example here! :>) ) over to one side and wipe down the counter, then move over a foot or so, move aside what is there and wipe down some more and so on. We are not marathon cleaning the kitchen here, just getting all the crumbs and junk that seems to build up behind and under things.

Zone 2: Mission #2 Tuesday

Today we are going to de-clutter our leftover, food storage, plastic, Rubbermaid, Tupperware, Glad-Ware, etc. containers! Do you have excess lids? More bowls than lids? Stained and/or Melted? Do we even need to talk about those old margarine, ice cream and sherbet containers?

It is time to let go of this clutter. I am not telling you that you can't keep any containers, I am telling you to get rid of the ones that have no lids, stained and the ones that keep getting shoved in the back because it just isn't a size that works for you.

I don't know what a reasonable number of containers to own is, that is a personal choice that has to be made on how you cook, store and the size of your family. I just know that if you haven't de-cluttered these items in the past 6 months it is time to really go through them and start tossing!

A quick hint that is helpful, take a large zip top plastic bag to store the lids in, this keeps them together and keeps them from spilling all over the inside of your cabinet.

Spend 10 minutes doing this, don't get sidetracked and rip apart your cabinets and drawers. One thing at a time.

Zone 2: Mission #3 Wednesday

What a fun and exciting mission that I have for you today? LOL!

Let's take a close look at the gadgets and small appliances. The toaster, can opener, coffee maker, microwave etc. The small appliances that you use on a regular basis. When was the last time you cleaned out your toaster; opened up the bottom and dumped the crumbs? How dingy or dusty is your coffee maker? Do we even want to talk about the blades on the electric can openers? How about the outside of the microwave?

Wipe them down and make them shine. I am not telling you to drag out every small kitchen appliance you own and to scrub them. Just wipe down the fingerprints, dust, drips, dried food particles on the most used items. Make sure you unplug these items before you clean them!

Don't obsess, set your timer for 15 minutes and have fun!

Zone 2: Mission #4 Thursday

We are still tackling the kitchen this week!!! What do you think I have in store for you today? LOL!

This involves old toothbrushes and elbow grease! Yes you guessed it! Grab those toothbrushes and some general purpose cleaner and scrub those faucets on your kitchen sink. It is amazing how much gunk can build up around the seals and edges.

Have fun, this is a quick mission that shows instant results!

Zone 2: Mission #5 Friday

We are in the last day of the kitchen zone!

Let's take a look at the cabinets! Take a few minutes to check them out, I bet you will see that they need a little sprucing up! Just wipe down the outside surfaces. You will be so surprised at what a difference shining those cabinets will make!

There is no "right" way to do this. Depending on what your cabinets are made out of is what you will use to wipe the cabinets down. A wood soap, a general purpose cleaner, or just soap and water. A slightly damp cloth will work as well.

Don't obsess and have fun with this! Look around and see how your kitchen shines!!!

I've toughened up! If plates are left in sink, I call to the guilty person to come and put in dishwasher. If in middle of film or even in bed! My son had been in bed 15 mins, I went up said can you move the mess you left please. not nice for him. But he has started to not leave kitchen in a mess! He is 21 btw if he was 5 or something I wouldn't do that lol x

So hubby had to change bedding today I told him that's his new Sunday job!

I have groomed the lab, omg that dog moults!!!
Hoovered up. Polished. Cleaned bathroom. Then went to work.

I am determined to have a tidy home and not spend my days off doing housework and tidying up after everyone.

It is so nice coming down in morning to a clean kitchen. I'm now off to my nice clean fresh bed.
Bet my family wondering what has happend to me! I've woken up and smelt the bloody coffee!

X

I've toughened up! If plates are left in sink, I call to the guilty person to come and put in dishwasher. If in middle of film or even in bed! My son had been in bed 15 mins, I went up said can you move the mess you left please. not nice for him. But he has started to not leave kitchen in a mess! He is 21 btw if he was 5 or something I wouldn't do that lol x

So hubby had to change bedding today I told him that's his new Sunday job!

I have groomed the lab, omg that dog moults!!!
Hoovered up. Polished. Cleaned bathroom. Then went to work.

I am determined to have a tidy home and not spend my days off doing housework and tidying up after everyone.

It is so nice coming down in morning to a clean kitchen. I'm now off to my nice clean fresh bed.
Bet my family wondering what has happend to me! I've woken up and smelt the bloody coffee!

X

Well done. Keep it up --

I need flylady back in my life! I am sitting here frozen in panic due to all the house work I need to do before school run time at 3.00

Good on all of you for keeping up the motivation

Have done my home blessing hour-downstairs only- and 2 loads of washing which are hung on the airer ( not quite nice enough to hang it out, but those days are coming, I can feel it !!). know what's for dinner and have shined my sink.
Off to work shortly then I think I will do some ironing before the school run. I am also finally going to make a start on that control jorunal-if nothing else it will control the pile of papers that keeps appearing in the ktichen.

Tired, going to bed, was being nosey on minis on phone. Saw shiny sink... Clean sides... So I'm going to spend few minutes shining sink and wiping sides and put dishwasher on.

Back