de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

I've decluttertastic already and I feel so much better already for it. So much so that I'm even going to attempt 'dieting' again. Something I've been struggling with for a long time. That's another story for another thread, but I'll be relaxed about it, I'm not trying myself up in knots over it again.

Anyhoo... this morning, bathroom swished, then I spent 10 mins clearing the mountain of cr@p from my office desk. It actually looks like a normal room now rather than a dumping ground. Even my son put the hanger for his school shirt away of his own accord rather than leaving it on the floor.

Quick change of bunnies litter/hay then off to make early train to work. Lunch/juice all prepared last night so was nice and easy.

I was thinking that as a routine, spending 15-20 mins first thing in the morning, while my morning bath runs, doing a few jobs upstairs works well for me. I'll give the office a quick polish next time hey? ;-)

A wee bit of ironing tonight when I get in and dinner defrosting in the fridge. Sorted!

Have a good day all.

You are steaming ahead!

Mel,

My sister is thinking of importing those ear bud light pods - they do work!

THURSDAY UPDATE:

Swish, swipe, dishes, kitchen tidy...
Used new mop. Loved it!

Ran errands: bought petrol, checked mail, got a refund from craft store, shopped for DD's new trainers and picked up the new "Twilight" DVD, also bought myself new shoes (on sale), paid a bill, went grocery shopping, and put groceries away.

Still have more to do - but one was an anti-procrastination (dropped off film to have it developed)!

I have not done ironing but I didn't get in till nine. The main hotspot is cleared though and sink clear, clean and shiny. Off to bed shortly to watch some cricket in bed. I'll catch up on chores tomorrow - it's my half day homeworking.
Oh and food not fab, but I just about kept it under 2000 calories and I tracked it all on MyFitnessPal. Trust me that is a vast improvement on my recent habits.?

I have not done ironing but I didn't get in till nine. The main hotspot is cleared though and sink clear, clean and shiny. Off to bed shortly to watch some cricket in bed. I'll catch up on chores tomorrow - it's my half day homeworking.
Oh and food not fab, but I just about kept it under 2000 calories and I tracked it all on MyFitnessPal. Trust me that is a vast improvement on my recent habits.?

Baby steps!

Well there's your Neanderthal nesting instinct for you! Though I'm sure the ratio was far more polarised back then.

This was written earlier at about 02:30 btw. I woke up made bed, ran bath and felt very tired and disoriented. Realised I'd just woken up needing to use the bathroom and had gone on auto pilot lol. Needless to say I went back to bed. Got paged at 04:30 though, so when finished at 5 ran bath again and so far have cleaned 5 cabinet doors, swished bathroom, spent 20 mins sorting through huge paperwork pile in the office. Also done some prep for my performance review and now having a quick soak in bath. Where am I getting all this energy from?

Last edited:
Well there's your Neanderthal nesting instinct for you! Though I'm sure the ratio was far more polarised back then.

This was written earlier at about 02:30 btw. I woke up made bed, ran bath and felt very tired and disoriented. Realised I'd just woken up needing to use the bathroom and had gone on auto pilot lol. Needless to say I went back to bed. Got paged at 04:30 though, so when finished at 5 ran bath again and so far have cleaned 5 cabinet doors, swished bathroom, spent 20 mins sorting through huge paperwork pile in the office. Also done some prep for my performance review and now having a quick soak in bath. Where am I getting all this energy from?

I've done the auto-pilot thing in the car -- but I don't think I've ever hot ready for work n the middle of the night. :D

Super start to your day and you should have no trouble getting to bed at a decent hour tonight.

Are you on a ketogenic diet? Sometimes people seem to get a ketosis boost of energy.

MORNING! Friday, March 8, 2013!

It's CLEAN OUT YOUR HANDBAG AND CAR DAY. I sorted my bag earlier in the week -- but the car needs doing. It's too bad it's raining -- but if there is a wee dry spell and opportunity -- I might go up to the hobby shop and use the vacuum and even go through the car wash. But at a minimum -- I'll toss the cardboard in the boot.

I will also use this day for catch up -- vacuum hallway and stairs, upstairs, laundry -- even the dreaded ironing. I'm getting to try and clean my irons. They both have gunk on them.

Dinner is planned. I'm dressed -- and kitchen is tidy, dishes unloaded and reloaded.

Last edited:
Can I join please?
And do you use the android or iphone app or just the site?

Of course!

For the FlyLady? I get emails and have "liked" in FB.

For this site I mostly use my IPad and IPhone. I used to use the laptop -- but this way, when I stop to have a cup of coffee I check Minis or when I'm waiting on DD at n activity.

UPDATING: Friday, March 8, 2013!

Unexpected treat!!! The plumber showed up and fixed our power shower. Fingers crossed it's properly sorted.

I took the opportunity of his having a ladder to the loft in place to put empty boxes up (anti-procrastination) and to find the box for something I've given away to DD's friend's family.

I cleaned both the steam generator iron and other one we use -- and I not only have caught up all the ironing (over 30 shirts, skirts, etc,) -- I have even mended one shirt that needed repair.

I have also started hemming trousers -- I have 3 to do for me and about 10 for DD. I plan o finish these today.

Both big procrastination things!

I have also done several loads of laundry -- even put most of it away! I have whites washing and towels drying -- but I expect to get this finished and put away today.

What I haven't done is the car(s), the vacuuming and any errands -- but, I may be able to do these tomorrow when DD is at Ice Skating.

My god how many pairs of trousers does your daughter have!? Lol

I planned to Hoover under the sofa but haven't. Have done everything else though, so am pretty pleased. And my unit doors are now gleaming.

Am not on a ketosis type diet no. And after I'd done my work hours I fell asleep for an hour or so. Was shattered.

My god how many pairs of trousers does your daughter have!? Lol

I planned to Hoover under the sofa but haven't. Have done everything else though, so am pretty pleased. And my unit doors are now gleaming.

Am not on a ketosis type diet no. And after I'd done my work hours I fell asleep for an hour or so. Was shattered.

She has loads of clothes. My sister used to send a lot of stuff, but she had outgrown most of those jeans. She is very physically fit, but her bum and thighs have gotten bigger since she started ice skating a year ago. We had to get rid of over 20 pairs of jeans and she still had a dozen or so that fit. But the base has having an amazing clearance sale so we bought her several pairs in a variety of colors. They're all a little long -- DD is about 5'5". So, I'm cutting and hemming. Hopefully, she won't change sizes for some time -- she's 14.

Do you lot work??? I just dont know how you get time to do all theses things !

Last edited:
She has loads of clothes. My sister used to send a lot of stuff, but she had outgrown most of those jeans. She is very physically fit, but her bum and thighs have gotten bigger since she started ice skating a year ago. We had to get rid of over 20 pairs of jeans and she still had a dozen or so that fit. But the base has having an amazing clearance sale so we bought her several pairs in a variety of colors. They're all a little long -- DD is about 5'5". So, I'm cutting and hemming. Hopefully, she won't change sizes for some time -- she's 14.

She sounds like a very lucky girl. ;-). I have one pair lol

Do you lot work??? I just dont know how you get time to do all theses things !

Not any more -- but I got more done when I did. I HAD to be efficient. I've fallen into "I have plenty of time" pattern -- and things like up. Also, I spent several months (2010) caring for someone in intensive care (daily hospital visits, sleeping there, etc.). Had to catch up from that -- then went back and forth to the States between July and October this year looking after my father. It's always something and when you don't have a paid job -- everyone lose seems to think "you can do it". In fact, I took the last job I had (in part) to extricate myself from my overwhelming volunteer positions. Now I avoid long-term commitments like the plague.

She sounds like a very lucky girl. ;-). I have one pair lol

She is -- but I paid less than £5 per pair --as they were greatly reduced. So, it was like buy one pair, get four free!

Ok so if I get on top of this dusty cluttered house, it will finally be manageable. ?!
I have had a mini spring clean and declutter. I done a bit of sorting out and throwing out in all rooms. I feel so much better in my head for doing it. The house also feels fresher as I got so hot Hoover stairs and Under beds I threw all the windows open. Just what the house needed I think. Fresh air flowing through it!

My aim for tomorrw is get my nails done, hubby change bedding (that's his new Sunday job) I Want to catch up with shredding.

I've been using my light too, doesn't feel like its doing anything, but I got a bit more energy so maybe it is .

Ok so if I get on top of this dusty cluttered house, it will finally be manageable. ?!
I have had a mini spring clean and declutter. I done a bit of sorting out and throwing out in all rooms. I feel so much better in my head for doing it. The house also feels fresher as I got so hot Hoover stairs and Under beds I threw all the windows open. Just what the house needed I think. Fresh air flowing through it!

My aim for tomorrw is get my nails done, hubby change bedding (that's his new Sunday job) I Want to catch up with shredding.

I've been using my light too, doesn't feel like its doing anything, but I got a bit more energy so maybe it is .

I think getting on top of things makes you feel more "in control".

Trust me -- it helps.

Back