Dear colleagues...

maisydaisy

...yes, I agree, my meal pack doesn't look particularly appetising, but y'know, it's my lunch, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't peer into the bowl while making retching noises.

...no, I don't feel hungry, it's one of the side effects of ketosis. No, you're confusing it with ketoacidosis. They're different.

...no thank you, I don't want a bit of your orange/grapes/maltesers. No really, I don't care how many calories are in them. I can't have any food apart from my meal packs. But thank you anyway.

...yes, if I go back to eating how I did before, of course I'll pile the weight back on. If I eat healthily, I'll keep the weight off. My stomach won't have magically permanently shrunk so I can never eat again without instantly putting on a stone. We're all nurses, surely you know this?

...yes, I could just cut down portion sizes. But I'm very overweight, and this means I can lose weight a lot quicker. For some reason I have far more willpower on a vlcd than I do on a conventional diet. The same goes for your helpful "tips" on cutting out crisps/chocolate/carbs. I know what I should be eating. But I chose not to, and this is the result.

...no, I don't believe it's dangerous. I've done my research, and to be honest, I think being as fat as I am is more dangerous than this diet.

Now, if I could just get through a day without having to repeat the above, countless times, I'd be very happy. Thank you ;)

Haha I love this! The best thing is when the people who tell you its so unhealthy and you will gain it all back, its dangerous blah blah blah then start doing it themselves!! have to have a quiet inside laugh lol x

Haha, love it Maisy... I go for the shorter "bog off, I ain't making you eat it" response to anyone who tries to give me hassle :-D

hah yep! just lie, tell them its cuppa soup and when you get home you're having a massive *insert food items* for dinner, when they notice you shrinking away just be like oh I dunno, have I lost weight? maybe a few lbs. I actually told someone id lost a stone less than I really had and they didnt question it, they cant comprehend how quickly it goes.

Haha I love this! The best thing is when the people who tell you its so unhealthy and you will gain it all back, its dangerous blah blah blah then start doing it themselves!! have to have a quiet inside laugh lol x

Haha! So true!! I wish you weren't having to put up with that stuff though! I'm super lucky as everyone around me is curious, and then saying that I should probably do some weight bearing exercises to make sure when I come off it my muscles will be in good shape, but that's about it really.

In the end, people don't like you changing, which is annoying, but human nature I suppose. When you succeed you remind them of their failures.. Or maybe they just want to 'help' so they can get some of the credit!!

Regardless it sounds like you're standing strong so well done!! :)

Mind you my colleagues are bored of it now and don't bother saying anything and when they see me lose they are supportive as they are all conscious of what they eat too -none are overweight but only due to being careful eaters

My housemate looked me up and down this morning and said 'Wow! You have no idea how good you look right now!!!'

How awesome is that! :) I'm only halfway to my goal, not even I think... but my stomach looks flat (at least when I'm wearing clothes it does) and I'm starting to wear smaller sized clothes that used to be tight... this is amazing!

I'm so glad your colleagues have given up and are now being supportive! You deserve to be supported! :D

That's the exact reason I haven't told anyone, other than my hubby that I am back on sns. Just can't be done with the 'advice', comments or the general look on their faces. I put enough pressure on myself without having a whole office full of people scrutinizing my lunch (or figure lol). Thing is I get on with most of them on all other counts, but mention the word 'diet' and everyone seems to become an expert. I do think most of them are trying to help, however misplaced it might be lol!

That's the exact reason I haven't told anyone, other than my hubby that I am back on sns. Just can't be done with the 'advice', comments or the general look on their faces. I put enough pressure on myself without having a whole office full of people scrutinizing my lunch (or figure lol). Thing is I get on with most of them on all other counts, but mention the word 'diet' and everyone seems to become an expert. I do think most of them are trying to help, however misplaced it might be lol!

So true!!! It's a great idea to keep it to yourself anyway, just for that reason! You are doing your best for you, in the best way you know how. The peanut gallery doesn't need to put in their 2 cents!!!! :)

Back