Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Dear Diary

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet - Diaries' started by PurpleBobKat, 13 October 2011 Social URL.

1. PurpleBobKat

PurpleBobKat Full Member

I started a diary thread here last week but it seems to have vanished, so I'm starting another one.

Today was the end of my 2nd week & my second WI.

The first week I spent on Cambridge, but I really wasn't enjoying any of the products & realised it's products were very similar to Atkins diet products. So I switched & couldn't be happier with my choice.
    Instead of having 3 Cambridge products a day I can have 3 actual meals a day & I'm enjoying it tremendously so far.

I started at 18st7
    My target weight is 9st 7 - the weight I was before meeting my partner.
    But under 11st would be lovely.

This time I have to do it. I'm 35 next year & I puff going up 1 flight of stairs, my knees hurt, nothing fits me & I've started having the signs of pre-diabetes.

If I don't loose all this weight & eat healthy I will have Diabetes. I like my toes, I don't want to lose them. So I guess you could say I'm doing this for my toes, my knees & my confidence.

The last couple of days I have had the same menu:

B'Fast - Cafe Royale Atkins shake (nice!! like an iced starbucks)
    Lunch - Tuna mayo salad
    Dinner - Lemon steamed fish & Spicy Broccoli in oyster sauce

I'm not religiously counting carbs (as I tend to obsess), but I am sticking to veg/salad & protein in every meal. I only eat the induction allowed foods, I try not to snack & I drink sooo much water its a bit silly.

So far I have lost 7lbs in the first week & 4lbs this week. Which I'm rather pleased with this, hopefully I will continue in this way over the next months.

I have planned some treats to keep me motivated. E.G. I'm off out for a slap up dinner for my 34th Birthday (3rd December), and I'm going to take it easy on the diet from 23rd Dec - 1st Jan.

This IS the last time I will ever diet, & this is my journey.

Last edited: 13 October 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Alpaca

Alpaca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(28.22%)
    Diet:
    Atkins, low carb, low cal(ish), low fat(ish)
    Welcome BobKat! Great first entry! I love Atkins - it makes me feel spoilt and self indulgent!!! Ha ha :)

4. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Welcome Bobcat:)
    Great to see your diary! Agree that this is a great way of eating and life - hey and you can lose weight too:D. Keep posting especially if you need any help. Good luck and stick with it;)

5. PurpleBobKat

PurpleBobKat Full Member

Well I've got an exam on Tuesday (that I'm stressing over & cramming for) & a job interview on Wednesday that I just ordered loads of clothes for. I hate having to buy clothes at the moment - not only will I shrink out of them in month or so, but I have to order everything in 2 sizes as I never know what's going to fit.
    Its all turning up tomorrow - hopefully there will be something I look ok in.

6. dizzydelly

dizzydelly likes vw's!

Start Weight:
    17st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi ya and welcome
    Well done on your first 2 weeks weigh ins!
    I know what you mean about clothes, I always have to order loads of different sizes, its the manufactures fault!
    Good luck for your interview and let us know how you get on x

7. Alpaca

Alpaca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(28.22%)
    Diet:
    Morning BobKat ... Stressful times for you right now! Good luck! And I'm the same about clothes sizes ... So annoying :)

8. PurpleBobKat

PurpleBobKat Full Member

My partner has had a nasty flu bug for the last few days & I thought I was going to get away with just a mild case. But this morning woke up with a neck the same size as my head!!! I feel absolutely rotten. Which explains why I was a bit bad yesterday & snacked on Philli & pastrami. I know with Atkins you can eat as much as you want - but I wasn't hungry. I just had this uncontrollable urge to eat & I'm a bit sad that I gave in. But at least there was a good reason & I didn't eat the bag of maltesers sitting in the kitchen (My partners not on the diet yet & is still indulging).

So today I shall be extra good, even though everything hurts, my throat is raw & I can feel the dreaded cough coming on.

Last edited: 14 October 2011
  9. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Oh no bobcat - hope you get through it fast! Suggest you head straight out and get some sugarfree throat pastilles - you can usually find in any chemist. Then if you need them desperately you are not stuck. Lots of water and hot drinks - good for diet and flu!
    Rest up and hope you feel better soon
    Xx

10. PurpleBobKat

PurpleBobKat Full Member

Found some sugar free cough syrup (Robitussin) Its an absolute godsend. & Just having loads of tea. I would usually have strepsils & honey & lemon tea (best thing ever for a poorly throat), but unless it gets unbearable I will suffer on without them. Its just a fluiey thing though & as long as its in control for my exam on tues & my job interview on weds I will be fine.

11. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Well done on the syrup. Think you can get sf strepsils and sf halls so that covers throat and nose:)
    X

12. shellsmithcat

shellsmithcat Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(12.35%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Oh I hope your feeling well soon especially by Tuesday x

13. xwendywoox

xwendywoox Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hope you are feeling better soon and well done on the loss you have achieved so far! It's fantastic! I have had 4 weigh-ins now and you have lost more in your 2 than I have in my 4! (*jealous lol! :D)

Seriously, a big well done! :) Get well soon

xwendywoox

14. PurpleBobKat

PurpleBobKat Full Member

Thanks guys. You never know this fluey thing might actually burn up more cals & I might lose more weight (she says looking for the silver lining).

15. Quak

Quak Gold Member

Hope you feel better soon - good luck with the interview! x

16. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Get well soon. Good luck with everything. :)

17. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi BobKat and welcome, how are you feeling today?

18. Alpaca

Alpaca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(28.22%)
    Diet:
    Good luck with exam and interview BobKat :)

19. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Evening bobcat, hope you are feeling better:)
    Xx

20. PurpleBobKat

PurpleBobKat Full Member

First I have to say I was touched by all the 'good lucks' & 'hope your feeling better's' - you lovely ladies!!!

Unfortunately I have a confession to make.......

My flu got worse & my diet went out the window. I just felt like I needed to eat more. I've not been snacking (just eating 3 sensible meals a day), but I've also not been sticking to my Atkins diet. On the one hand I am glad that I started eating other foods as it did make me feel a bit better. But I also feel like I fell at the first hurdle.
    Was still feeling really rough yesterday for my exam, so I don't think it went too well (gutted about). But I am feeling a bit better today, so that's handy as I'm off to my interview soon. The thing is I'm interviewing at a head office which is a 2 hour drive away - so a 4 hour round trip!! I'm not looking forward to the drive, but its for something I want to do & I should be starting on Monday if all goes well.

So back to the diet......I have been non-Atkins since Sat, but haven't eaten anything 'bad' (choc, crisps etc). After breaking the diet I didn't want to have Atkins flu until after everything was sorted this week. So I'm going to have lunch with my mum on Thursday & that will be my last non-Atkins meal. I'll weigh in on Friday & see what having this week off has done, and by the time I start my lovely new job (hopefully - Monday) I'll be nicely back into Atkins & back on the straight & narrow.

21. Alpaca

Alpaca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(28.22%)
    Diet:
    Good luck today! I think it's very sensible to get the high stress things out of the way first! I couldn't manage focusing on a diet with exams and interviews on the horizon!

Enjoy the lunch with your mum ... And start afresh afterwards... And we'll help you as best we can :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.