Dear Diary....

catdog said:
Everyone copes diff chick, some find first few days a breeze, fingers crossed you get in ketosis quick, im usually in day 3 so not so bad, try lay off loadsa carbs today if you can that will help you get into it quicker and easier :) im off to get me some lettuce, gonna stop off at shop with thedog and oh im having some of thatand some chicken today woot lol wil speak to you later chick, hope you have a good day, you sound so positive :D

Catdog xx

I am this time round I have to be I can't go on like this anymore it's changing me makes feel down and sad and that's not like me normally!

Are u doing 3shakes or 4? How long u been on it? Xx

We all have our mad days! Me more than most! Good luck and I am glad you enjoyed the chuckle.
There is a lot going on at the moment so just remember and be nice to yourself in non food ways!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

These diets are a rollercoaster but they are SO worth it!!! How i feel at the minute is a million times better than how i felt this time last year!!

X

Catdog, just read your lovely and inspiring diary!! I noticed your Geordieisms and then noticed you are in Tyne & Wear same as me and they made me smile seeing them written down.

You are doing so amazingly well and I completely understand the binge eating. I am in my early 40;s and I developed binge eating in my late 30's and it is something I continue to struggle with. I recommend a book by Gillian Riley called Overcoming Overeating most recent edition. You can view a sample inside on Amazon. Now I was always sceptical about such books but wanted to give it a go. I did really well for a few weeks at the start of the year but looking back had i kept dipping into Riley and continued writing in my journa/Diary on my bedside table every night I may have controlled those binges and chosen the right foods.

Whilst I am not qualified (given own past failures on vlcd and maintenance) I would say this:even when you reach goal you will need to address the binge/overeating. You are very close to goal given your height. I totally understand in a way it makes losing that extra bit harder and you think "Oh" I'll never be able to lose it" it is a fear you can't but look at how long you've stuck to SnS and how much you have lost since starting? You can lose the rest. Look forward to following the rest of your journey pet!! x

Hi Kira :)

Im from sunderland so mackem not a geordie ner ner lol, living in south shields atm with OH who is from here, are you living in newcastle? ee ano am terrible for writing down the way i speak lol. Youare 100% right about addressing the binge eating hun, i have come along way from where i was and a lot of that has to do with a group called OA (overeating anonymous) i dont know if youve ever heard of it but its abit like AA (my names catdog and im a complulsive overeater :eek:) i have the twelve steps book and my god hun you have to read it it is amazing, i alway thought i was alone until i found the group and that book, i could have wrote it myself, the problem is i stopped going to meetings as i fell into bad place and just wasnt 'ready' to give it up, i know that sounds awful but unlike an alcoholic who can stay away from drink, we dont have that choice with food and have to struggle with making right choices everyday, i bet if alcoholics had to have drink everyday to survive but had to stop at certain amount there wouldnt be many on the wagon for long! im going to start going back this week, they are held in newcastle city centre on thursday evenings if its of any interest to you hun. My bingeing is a million times better now than it was but my tendancies will always be there, it will always be a battle but one i hope i can keep getting stronger to win.

Thank you for your advice re the book, never heard of that one, will have to google!

I am this time round I have to be I can't go on like this anymore it's changing me makes feel down and sad and that's not like me normally!

Are u doing 3shakes or 4? How long u been on it? Xx

I started off in first week with four packs a day and now and then like when ohs off have 3 packs and a meal but always make sure if its a wanting to binge day i stick to packs as the structure is what i need for that and dont want to trigger a binge, ive upped my exercise and like last night usually being upset would have led me to binge, but instead i get up no matter what the time or weather and take dog out instead, im trying to retrain myself and thoughts on food, the dogs never had so many walks in his life lol. been on sns for 3 weeks and 3 days :) did cd before that!

We all have our mad days! Me more than most! Good luck and I am glad you enjoyed the chuckle.
There is a lot going on at the moment so just remember and be nice to yourself in non food ways!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thank you hun, got a few treats in pipeline for hitting certain goals- things ive kept putting off cos of weight but im just gonna go for them now :)

Hope you having a good day chick.

Catdogxx

These diets are a rollercoaster but they are SO worth it!!! How i feel at the minute is a million times better than how i felt this time last year!!

X

Agreed hun, just gotta take rough with the smooth, guess just all got on top of me last night but been out with dog and oh and keeping meelf busy today-gonna do me bit tidying and keep plodding on as i am. I think i am too hard on myself and instead of celebrating how far ive came, i keep looking at ow far i have to go which is completely ridiculous, im gonna stop that! thinking where i was last year is just too awful, not a place i ever want to be again and im determined i wont be!

You are doing so well hun, you look great in your avvy! thank you for all the support

Catdogxx

Aww yr doing brilliantly hun ! Yes I thinking u maybe a bit hard on yrself but then I guess we all are! :)

keep going catdog! a great way to learn how to turn off those thoughts (i have huge issues with it due to my job, high stress corp sales job) and yoga/pilates works a treat xx

Hey! Catdog, I have a few Mackem friends lovely!

Must correct the book title! It's called Eating less say goodbye o Overeating by Gillian Riley! Sorry about that I just have so many books got mixed up!

I have heard of Overeaters Anonymous and read about the 12 steps but I got the impression it was religious orientated? Unless I got that completely wrong? I'll have to read about it again. I agree the binge eating disorder will always be work in progress.

keep going catdog! a great way to learn how to turn off those thoughts (i have huge issues with it due to my job, high stress corp sales job) and yoga/pilates works a treat xx

Thank you hun, ive been looking into the yoga thing, theres classes in my area its just working up courage to go i may get a dvd, is there any you would recommend or do you go to a class?

Hey! Catdog, I have a few Mackem friends lovely!

Must correct the book title! It's called Eating less say goodbye o Overeating by Gillian Riley! Sorry about that I just have so many books got mixed up!

I have heard of Overeaters Anonymous and read about the 12 steps but I got the impression it was religious orientated? Unless I got that completely wrong? I'll have to read about it again. I agree the binge eating disorder will always be work in progress.

Hiya hun, not really, its taken in a church mosts times (in one of their rooms as its cheaper to rent) but not by any religious leader, by someone whos been nominated to look after rent issues and things by group and in book it refers to 'god' or higher power but that is for you to interpret, most people arent religious and take that as their own strength etc. no offence to religious people but it dont spout religious things iykwim its centred around you and the eating. you go along to first meeting and you can see what happens, if its not for you its not for you, everyone is very welcoming, you dont have to speak if you dont want to, its usually very small group bout ten people, you dont pay meeting fee or anything, youll get some free stuff bout plan and things, you can put down on the paper if you looking for sponsor- someone who has been on plan awhile usually who helps you with journey and is there for you, its hard to describe really unless you go, i wish they were more well known so people werent so afraid of it and didnt look so intimidating but oa dont believe in advertising, they arent a diet club etc and its for those who find it for themselves really.

Thanks for correcting book, never had chance to look before cos i went for nap that turned into big snooze lol

Catdog xx

Catdog thanks so much for that it is really helpful. Most certainly will look into it and see when the next meeting is in town. Though won't be going this week as off to Paris on Wednesday!! And yes I will be sticking to plan though I'll be taking my left over Cambridge tetra's as they are so much easier for travel than Slim& Save products, except the bars of course.

Have a good day today! x

catdog - i highly recommend Pilates Mix (MTV DVD its green, loads on ebay) and geri yoga.. :)

Catdog thanks so much for that it is really helpful. Most certainly will look into it and see when the next meeting is in town. Though won't be going this week as off to Paris on Wednesday!! And yes I will be sticking to plan though I'll be taking my left over Cambridge tetra's as they are so much easier for travel than Slim& Save products, except the bars of course.

Have a good day today! x

OOh off to paris *jealous* yeah alot of people whov transferred from cd to sns miss the convenience of them but sns say too much to deliver cos of the weight and worried bout damage in transit, which makes a good point really but what a shame! i did wonder if theyde start having reps themselves but i suppose its having them on net that keeps costs down.

Thanks chick, im feeling good today, hope you have great day too :)

catdog - i highly recommend Pilates Mix (MTV DVD its green, loads on ebay) and geri yoga.. :)

Thank you Paula (goes off to google :D)

Catdog xx

I've also heard of OA, I am also sure they have online meetings too, someone told me this not sure how true that is!

Your doing so well catdog :)

X

I've also heard of OA, I am also sure they have online meetings too, someone told me this not sure how true that is!

Your doing so well catdog :)

X

Thank you Twiowl :D i looked into online meetings but was a long time ago, from what i remember it was american ones but all that could have changed now!

Catdog xx

Hey you!!! How you getting on? Saw in the challenge thread that you're not weighing this week-hope everything is ok x

Hey you!!! How you getting on? Saw in the challenge thread that you're not weighing this week-hope everything is ok x

hiya chick, came off plan on thur- just mentally not in good place, just need to get me head sorted not sure if im coming back on or not a friend wants me to try sw, but probs will get back on sns wagon, started taking me new meds thur so will see how i go then decide. im carrying on with updating april challenge though til the end :) you are doing great!

Catdog xx

Big hugs hun do do what's best for you good luck whatever u decide :) xx

Catdog I hope you feel better soon! Sending hugs! Xxx

Big hugs hun do do what's best for you good luck whatever u decide :) xx

Thank you girls :) how are you both getting on? i feel so out of the loop and bit selfish for not checking up on you guys-sorry :eek:

Catdog xx

Your not being selfish! You av to take care of yourself first! I had a bit of a melt down yesterday had pizza :-O then made me feel sick and I throw it back up lesson well learnt there! Don't think I'll eat that again! Lmao :)

Xx

Back