Debbi's RTM diary

Thanks Deb, I may not hear for a couple of weeks, they are holding more interviews next week.
I love spinach in omelettes. Otherwise I mix it with other veg as I don't really like the taste on its own. Its just so healthy that I do like to eat it though.
Yup I think I'll struggle with fruit on RTM, I used to eat alot of it.
LOL about the yoghurt.

Funny, I never think about an omelette. And yet when I do make one, I enjoy it. There is a lovely recipe, one of Delia's, a 3 cheese souffle omelette. Extremely quick as well. All the time is in the actual preparation, rather than the cooking. However, cheese is not in the plan just yet. The good news is alcohol is back this week. I'm very much looking forward to a gin tomorrow night ;)

Bums, Legs and Tums class this morning. I usually stay for Body Balance, but I felt hungry and didnt think I'd be able to manage that class too. This is the only morning class I go to, so lesson learnt.

LL Veg Soup for lunch followed by stewed plums. They werent very nice fresh, too hard and sour. So I stewed them with sweetner, star anise, ginger, mixed spice and orange zest. Very nice. I'm quite enjoying adapting recipes. OK, substituting sweetner for sugar isnt really adapting, but you get the picture.

Time for a shower and then read a bit more of The End of Overeating.

Class tonight. Very interesting discussion. I need to work on my adapted child and how I need everything to be perfect all the time. Sometimes I feel things are a breeze and then I am overwhelmed with how much I need to work on. However, I'm feeling very positive. I'm back into my routine and raring to go :)

Dinner was rotten. My fridge freezer broke in between Christmas and New Year. I thought we had rescued the food, but the salmon that I defrosted and cooked was awful. Thankfully I had some mussels in the fridge.

Just about to start week 5, so that means alcohol. Just enjoying a gin and diet bitter lemon with some olives. I think I will have some prosecco at the weekend.

I adapted Nigella's Korean Keema for dinner tonight. Very nice. I'm using myfitnesspal to log calories, protein, fat and carbs. Trying to download to app onto my blackberry, but its taking forever.

Will probably have another gin tonight, rather than some prosecco.

Watching the rugby. I'm not a happy bunny...

Arg, I've had dinner out almost every day this week, I think I may have gained 5lbs as I ate simple carbs. But don't have any other occasions so eating should calm down the next few weeks.

Tonight was the last Borgen. Next week is Inspector Montalbano on BBC4.

How's your weather? We have been lucky so far.

Should hear result of interview this week. Fingers crossed.

Very lucky with the weather, but then it was so appalling the past 2 winters, we were due a break. Its more icy than anything else.

Bodypump class this morning. I really enjoyed it. It was a different instructor and I think she made a difference.

Not a great night last night. OH was eating nuts and raisins. I sneaked a couple when he was out the room. Seriously! How old am I!! Then I decided to go through to the kitchen and eat a couple of brazil nuts, just to check that they were still fresh. Which lead onto a few spoonfuls of peanut butter. I must get a grip of this secret eating *sigh*.

I made a lovely pot of sweet potato soup and have just enjoyed a bowl of that. I have some studying to do for my exams on Tuesday. I think that contributed to my secret munching last night. OH fancies a curry for tea tonight and I am going to join him. I'll have a tomato based chicken curry, spinach on the side and obviously no rice, bread, pakoras etc.

Drum roll please!! Weight loss 1.2 lbs and I have managed to get to my second target and get to a BMI below 25. Yay! I am a happy bunny.

Double fitness class this morning. Bums, legs and tums followed by BodyBalance. Hot on the heels of BodyPumo yesterday, I'll be struggling to walk tomorrow lol.

Wow Debs, That is great, Congratulations!

Thanks Debs...although I've probably put it back on this week and more!

So, I was studying for exams which were on Tuesday. If I failed the exams, I wouldnt have a job. So no pressure lol. Unfortunately, I failed 4 out of the 6 papers on Tuesday with resits on Thursday. I certainly reverted to type. OH came in from work to find my on the settee surrounding by my notes, jar of peanut butter in one hand and a spoon in the other. Oh dear....the week hasnt really improved. However, I guess it could have been worse. I have eaten nuts, whole nuts, that is, peanut butter (OK, not brilliant), digestive biscuits and chocolates at work. Despite the fact that I have a tin and a box of chocolates in the kitchen, I resisted temptation to open those and dive in. I also managed to resist toast or any other type of bread product. I probably had more fruit than was necessary too.

So what have I learnt this week? I dont do well under extreme pressure. I can cope with day to day pressure at work for example, but faced with losing my job and the huge impact that would have...well, not great.

This coming week, I am on a training course all week. It messes up my routine somewhat, but I'll just have to adjust my plans. I dont like being out of my routine.

I have some sewing to crack on with. That will keep my hands busy while I watch tv. Lots of buttons to sew on. Thats what I get for buying cheap crap from Primark lol.

PS, just finished watching Borgen! I loved it. Taping Insp Mont Blanc through the week as it clashed last night with something else :)

Oops, you will have to stay away from stressful situations !! Tehe, let me know how to do that when you find out!
Will you be able to resit the parts you did not pass?I finally finished my Apprenticeship level 3 management ( yes I am in my 54 th year , late starter me...) last week, have to wait a few weeks to see if I passed, that was stressful enough had to do maths and English, 7 technical certificates as well, maths well I now understand a mode, median and something else I have forgotten already, all we had when I went to school sort from candles.... Were averages, not 3 different types if average! Honestly I have no idea if I will ever use it!.
Joking aside, it is really stressful for you, then you end up with more pressure on yourself. Tomorrow's another day and hope you will work through it to arrange a resit. You did your best, if you do need to retake part of it, at least it's not the whole thing.
Jx

I am looking forward to RTM (about 6 weeks for me). But as a vegetarian my protein sources are a little limited. Cottage cheese, tofu, quorn and beans i suppose. Right now any of these foods seem like luxury to me. So I think the first few weeks will be amazing. But after that is when the hard work will start!

Hi nzmegs, I'm veggie too and recently discovered Edamame beans, soya, Asda do them either in a stir fry or ready to eat salad for fresh protein or in a bag salted as a snack, high protein and scrummy!

Good luck with RTM
Jx

Hi Julz

Thanks for that. I ended up resitting the 7th paper and passing that. Then I had a week long course and then a full day of assessments on Thursday, which was practical and videoed. Sigh. So I am now certified (lol, yes, I know!) and good to go. However, the assessments continue for as long as I am in post, only I dont have to be videoed, which I guess is something.

So what have I learned? Well, not having stuff in the house helps. I bought DD a jar of peanut butter to replace the one that I ate. However, I wasnt stressed over this weekend, but I started eating spoonfuls of the new jar of peanut butter. So what was that about? Because it was there? Hmmm, I just dont know.

I also wandered in DD bedroom (not a thing I do very often because its such a state tbh) and found an opened bag of mini twirls. They managed to find their way into my mouth. Again, because they were there? I wasnt hungry, so why am I eating these foods?

I'm reading the Overcoming Overeating book at the moment. I'm trying to identify the difference between mouth hunger and stomach hunger. Hmmm, really tricky.

I've been keeping up with my exercises. I can feel an improvement in my muscles. I must take a note of my measurements today. I also feel that I need to set some SMART goals regarding my exercises, but I'm not sure what they should be or what is realistic.

So, loads to think about as usual. I am due to start week 8 tomorrow, which is rice, potato, pasta etc. Depending on how I get on at WI, I may repeat week 7 again. I'm loving having lentils and peas back on the menu. I think I'll be having a tuna bean salad for lunch, yay! Actually, I will need to decide today what I'm going to do as I need to get some shopping in.

Oh well, onwards and upwards (or indeed, downwards ;))

Btw Megs, I have been having scrambled tofu which I never had before. Also, quinoa for breakfast which has been really nice. I had sweet potato curry for dinner on Thursday night. I'm trying to encourage OH to eat more veggie meals, but he's doesnt consider it to be a proper meal unless there is half a dead animal on his place!

Debbi8489 said:
Hi Julz

Thanks for that. I ended up resitting the 7th paper and passing that. Then I had a week long course and then a full day of assessments on Thursday, which was practical and videoed. Sigh. So I am now certified (lol, yes, I know!) and good to go. However, the assessments continue for as long as I am in post, only I dont have to be videoed, which I guess is something.

So what have I learned? Well, not having stuff in the house helps. I bought DD a jar of peanut butter to replace the one that I ate. However, I wasnt stressed over this weekend, but I started eating spoonfuls of the new jar of peanut butter. So what was that about? Because it was there? Hmmm, I just dont know.

I also wandered in DD bedroom (not a thing I do very often because its such a state tbh) and found an opened bag of mini twirls. They managed to find their way into my mouth. Again, because they were there? I wasnt hungry, so why am I eating these foods?

I'm reading the Overcoming Overeating book at the moment. I'm trying to identify the difference between mouth hunger and stomach hunger. Hmmm, really tricky.

I've been keeping up with my exercises. I can feel an improvement in my muscles. I must take a note of my measurements today. I also feel that I need to set some SMART goals regarding my exercises, but I'm not sure what they should be or what is realistic.

So, loads to think about as usual. I am due to start week 8 tomorrow, which is rice, potato, pasta etc. Depending on how I get on at WI, I may repeat week 7 again. I'm loving having lentils and peas back on the menu. I think I'll be having a tuna bean salad for lunch, yay! Actually, I will need to decide today what I'm going to do as I need to get some shopping in.

Oh well, onwards and upwards (or indeed, downwards ;))

Well done for getting certified! In the nicest possible way of course...
Brilliant it will take some pressure off you, I relate to the sudden urge to eat what's in front of you even though you are not hungry, not sure I found the answer. I'm now taking one day at a time, giving myself permission to eat chocolate everyday is helping, because now I don't want too! Only one.bar, seems to have taken the pressure off.

It's lovely all the new textures and stuff I'm cooking now that I didn't before is lovely. I'm trying to follow a rainbow diet, so lots of different colours on the plate, as a veggie it's good but still struggling with having enough protein/ mix etc and not be overfull at the end of the meal? not easy....

Enjoy you last couple of weeks, then watch the freedom does not let you get carried away, been there!
Jx

Thanks for the tips ladies. Tofu is one of my favourite foods. Yep, I know it is bland - but I really like the texture...my husband thinks I am crazy! I still have about three weeks before i can start management. the sooner the better as far as I am concerned. I feel like I really need some real food.

MY husband made a lovely salad last night with raw sliced red onion and fennel with olive oil and lemon juice. I could have been very happy eating that up. Just the crunch would have been a nice change. Oh, I shouldn't talk about food!

When it comes to exercise you should try one of these 12 week programs - either walking or running. that gives you a set goal, a set amount of minutes on a set numbers of days a week. That way you are building up your fitness levels at a steady pace and will have a set and very clear goal to reach in a set amount of time. I think that fits the SMART criteria doesn't it?

I have been doing a 13 week program which should have me running 60 mins or 10k by the end. I am five weeks in and starting to struggle with it as it is hard work on the number of cals I am eating. But i am determined to stick with it as I have an end goal I want to achieve. Give it a go.

Hi folks

I'm still here....just been very busy with the new job.

I wish I could say that I'm finding mgt easy, but I'm not. I'm very much struggling with it. However, I got a lovely compliment from DD this morning. She said 'Mum, you're tiny!' I'll upload the pic :)

Back