Debridgers' Food Diary & Ramblings

Debridger

Getting back to Target
EDIT

FOR 2020 —— Starts. Page 57

Well, I am rather confused as to why last week I lost 1.5lb, and this week I gained 1.5lb..... Last week I attempted, and felt happy with EE, and was pleased with the loss, following week EE, gained, didn't really do anything different, except had a few beers night before WI, but had a similar evening out the previous week but in the evening straight after WI......
Can an evening on the tiles, all within my weekly syns allowance make a that much difference ? Consultant sayes it's fine to save them, and for the 1st 6 weeks it's been fine, maybe it's just a coincidence, maybe I've gone a bit off plan, but I don't think so, as I check and count everything before I munch it, or maybe I'm doing it wrong, who knows, so I'm gonna post a diary, starting from 1st day after WI, and I would appreciate any comments from all you lovely guys & gals.

Cheersy Cheers
Deb

Last edited:
W8 D1 - Green

Breakfast: Fruit
1 apple, 1 pear

Lunch: Homemade pasta salad with salad and hardboiled eggs
(wholemeal pasta, peas, sweetcorn, dressing made from 0% greek, lemon juice & herbs)
2x hard boiled eggs
lettuce, cucumber, tomato and radish - at least 1/2 s/free

Dinner: mince, mash, carrots and swede
(minced quorn, mushrooms, onions, peas, oxo & bovril)
mashed potatoes creamed with 0% greek, boiled carrots & swede
at least 1/3 s/free

Supper: cheese sandwich
3x 400g hovis (HEBx1.5)
3x L/cow light (HEA)
cucumber

Syns:
3 pints lager - 30
2x35ml whisky - 8
weekly total 38

===

W8 D2 - EE

Brunch: poached eggs on toast and fruit
2x poached eggs, 2x400g hovis (HEB) 2x l/cow light (HEA 0.5)
fresh mango with 0% greek

Dinner: Seafood paella with salad
(prawns, mussels, squid, mackeral, rice, garlic, onion, knorr stock cube) lettuce, cucumber, tomato & radish - 1/3 s/free

Syns: 0
weekly total 38

Last edited:
WK8 D3 - EE

Breakfast: sausage sandwich
2.5 quorn red leicester sausages (2.5) 2x400g hovis (HEB)
little peeved, as I picked up the wrong sauasages!!

Lunch: Homemade radish soup followed by fruit & yoghurt
(radishes, onion, veg.oxo cubes)
pear, banana, pineapple & shape 0%

Dinner: pasta carbonara with salad & orange jelly & 'cream'
(pasta, onion, garlic, boiled bacon, 5x l/cow light (HEA), 0% greek)
lettuce, spinach, cucumber, radishes
1/3 sugarfree jelly (0.5), clementine, 0% greek, splenda sweetener

Syns: (as above)
2.5 quorn sausages - 2.5
1/3 s/free jelly - 0.5
weekly total 41

After arriving home from work, I popped to view one of our local lesiure centres, have a few more to check before deciding which one to join, then went grocery shopping, by the time I got in, wanted something quick and easy.....

WK8 D4 (Monday) - Green

Lunch: Jacket potato, beans and salad
medium sized potato, baked beans, 3x l/cow light (part HEA), and large salad of lettuce, mixed leaves, rocket, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and celery.

Dinner: Soup followed by chilli prawn noodles
remainder of homemade radish soup (radishes, onion, veg.oxo cubes)
with 2x400g hovis (HEB) 2x l/cow light (rest of HEA)
Batchelors l/f Sweet Chilli supernoodles, 100g king prawns (HEB),
mushrooms and onions

Syns: 0
weekly total 41

Well, now had 2 days confronted with cakes, sweets & chocolates in the office due to birthdays, Monday, just 2 desks away.
Tuesdays were far easier to avoid, as I just walked a different way, and managed to avoid them.

WK8 D4 (Tuesday) - Red

Lunch: Turkey & tuna salad
Turkey breast slices, drained tuna, lettuce, mixed salad leaves, cucumber, mixed peppers

Dinner: pork chops, jacket potato & Veg.
2x medium, fat removed and griddled pork chops, 208g jacket potato (HEB) stuffed with quark & chives, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots & swede, and gravy made from oxo cube and bovril.

Afters / Supper : Fresh Pineapple & yoghurt - shape 0%

Treat : hot chocolate & squirty cream
Options orange (1.5) made with 250ml semi skim milk (HEA)
4 tbspns aerosol cream (1)

options chocolate orange - 1.5
squirty cream - 1
weekly total 43.5

Last edited:
Well,it's been a few days since I've been on-line properly, so decided as I have the lap-top on, and working from home, I've 10 mins to update my diary and ramblings.

I started the Easter sit-up challenge, week 1 was 25 am & 25 pm, last week I upped that to 30 am & pm, and today I managed 35, which will now be my aim for this week, in theory, I will be able to exceed the 3500 I 'signed-up' to do, I know that I would not have stuck to these daily sit-ups (crunches) on my own.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-off-topic/195543-easter-sit-up-challenge-anyone.html

So, update, Wednesday was yet another 'cake day', and I actually find it rather strange, whenever it's my birthday, yes, I take in the obligatory cakes, sweets and biscuits, but I also take in some pre-packed fruit salad stuff for those that don't eat cakes, or those watching their weight, or for other medical dietary reasons.
This was pre SW, and have done so for about 4 or 5 years.

OK, so no-one knows at work that I'm following SW, and that is one of the beauties of this plan, maybe I'm just too nice - well that's what my OH reckons anyway.
In fact, only my OH, you guys and girls here, and at class know that I'm doing this, so, I'm waiting for the comments once it becomes noticeable....fingers crossed, it wont be too long.

Anyway, that's enough for now, so let's update the grub.

W8 D6 (Wednesday) - Green

Lunch: Jacket potato, beans and salad & melon
medium sized potato, baked beans, 3x l/cow light (part HEA), large salad of lettuce, mixed leaves, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber and rice salad (rice, tinned peas, sweetcorn, carrot), small melon selection

Afternoon snack: Fruit
2x clementines & 2x plums

Dinner: Fast Soup & sauasge, egg, chips and beans

I made a sort of superspeed soup, but with the ingredients I already had, so I reckon, although not superspeed,, it's probably pretty fast!!
(can of mixed bean salad - green beans, kidney, blackeye, borlotti & harricot beans, chick peas, sweetcorn and peppers - tins of lentils, tomatoes, baked beans and processed peas, leaks and onions, and a tin of mixed veg - peas, carrots, potatoes and swede with oxo, garlic and herbs)
3x quorn red leicester sausages (3), 2 poached eggs, SW chips and baked beans

3x quorn sausages - 3
weekly total 46.5

======

W8 D7 (Thursday) - Green
WI today

Breakfast: Cereal
42g weetabix crunchy bran (HEB) semi-skimmed milk (part HEA)

Lunch: Fast Soup and fruit & 'Cream'
Soup as above, strawberries, blueberries, passions fuit, splenda mixed into FF natural yoghurt & quark

Late afternoon snack : fruit
2x apples

Dinner: bean chilli & rice with salad and raita
used the last of the fast soup, without adding extra liquid, fresh chillis, garlic, with plain boiled rice, lettuce, cuecumber, tomato and radish.
Made a type of raita, with FF natural yoghurt, quark, chopped cue, onions, cherry toms, and loads of mint, cumin, and other aromatics.

Syns:
1 x 440ml can Fosters lager - 7.5
50ml whiskey - 5
weekly total 59

WK9 D1 (Friday) - Green

Breakfast: Cereal
2x weetabix (HEB) semi-skimmed milk (part HEA)

Lunch: 'fried breakfast'
Scrambled egg (part HEA), mushrooms & cherry tomatoes (frylight) and baked beans.

Dinner: Mushroom Risotto and salad
rice, onions, oxo cubes mushrooms with lettuce, mixed leaves and tomatoes.

Syns:
5 pints Fosters lager - 50
weekly total 50
============

WK9 D2 (Saturday) - EE

Brunch - 'fry-up'
Scrambled egg (part HEA), bacon, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes
2x400g WW thick wholemeal (HEB) 1 tbspn I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Light (2.5)

Dinner: Seafood Paella and salad
rice, onions, garlic, knorr stock cube, prawns, squid, mackerel.
lettuce, mixed leaves, cucumber and tomatoes.

Supper: fruit and 'cream'
kiwi, plum, strawberries & blueberries, quark and FF natural yoghurt with splenda

LF spread - 2.5
weekly total 52.5
=======

WK9 D3 (Sunday) - Green

Brunch: Egg and beans on toast
2x poached eggs, baked beans 2x400g WW (HEB)

dinner: bean soup and fajita, rice and raita
bean soup with mushy peas, lentils, kidney beans and broadbeans, onion, oxo cube
rice with kidney beans & onions, quorn fajita pieces, lettuce, mixed leaves, raita made with FF natural yoghurt, quark, chopped cue, onions, cherry toms, and loads of mint, cumin, and other aromatics

Supper: cheese on toast
2x400g WW (HEB) 3x babybel light (HEA) worcestershire sauce

Syns: NIL
weekly total 52.5

Last edited:
WK9 D4 (Monday) - Green

Breakfast: fruit & yoghurt
Apple, banana, plum, clementine, mullerlight summer berries

Lunch:Bean soup
(As above)

Dinner: Spaghetti carbonara and salad
spaghetti, onions, mushrooms, 85g bacon (HEB), 65g philli light with chives (HEB). mixed leaves, cucumber, cherry tomatoes.

Syns: NIL
weekly total 52.5

WK9 D5 (Tuesday) - Green

Brunch: Beans on toast
Baked beans, 2x400g WW (HEB) grated cheese (HEA)

Afternoon : noodles
batchelors LF chilli chicken super noodles

Dinner: omlette, chips & beans, fruit & yoghurt
3 egg omlette, cheese (HEA) onion, SW chips, baked beans
Clementine, mullerlight

Treat : hot chocolate & squirty cream
Options belgian (2) 4 tbspns aerosol cream (1)

options chocolate - 2
squirty cream - 1
weekly total 55.5

Hia, just popped on to see how you are doing :wavey:

You've done really well this week hun ... do you think writing it all down has helped you get back into it? Do you think you did anything different?

Well done!

HI Ali, thanks for your support...In fact, I'm made-up tonight, just got back from WI... with a 3lb loss, not on the back of a gain, and just made my stone :)

I've pretty much kept a note of what I've eaten since I started, and also my syns.... even the odd half here and there, but I think because I'm bearing it for all to see....I'm thinking about it more, and more determined to do it right, and not accept the odd couple here and there.... althouh, I do think even within syns a heavy drink night day before WI doesn't work for me anymore (I did have a couple last night though)

You're doing great yourself, especially as you're doing it from home - well done, not sure I could be so firm with myself.

Thanks again
Deb

Wow! Congratulations! :happy096:

I know what you mean about drinking the night before WI ... I for one could not do this ... I deffo retain some fluid/weight the morning after the night before x

My vino collapso is saved for after WI. In fact, I'm having one right now ;)

WK9 D6 (Wednesday) - Green

Breakfast: 1x alpen light (Part HEB)

Lunch: Jacket potato, beans and salad
medium sized potato, baked beans, 3x l/cow light (part HEA), large salad of lettuce, mixed leaves, tomatoes, carrots and cucumber

Supper: cheese sandwich and egg
2x400g ww (HEB), 2xl/cow (part HEA), marmite, hard boiled egg

Syns:
2 pints Fosters - 20
weekly total 75.5

Well, very pleased today, 3 lovely comments - OH 'oooh your birthday suit fits better' was the best, with. comments from work and class of you look like you've lost weight & it's starting to notice now..... and also lost 3lb raking me to my 1st. sticky ...woohoo great day

WK9 D7 (Thursday) EE

lunch: jerk chicken, rice & peas
chicken leg quarter, skin removed after cooking (work canteen), rice with kidney beans and a. large salad of lettuce, mixed leaves, tomatoes, sweetcorn and cucumber
pear, banana and kiwi fruit salad

Dinner: lamb shank, mash and veg
Asda lamb shank (1) potatoes mashed with onion, mustard powder, parsley & quark, 'fried' courgettes, carrots & swede

WK10 D1 (Friday) - EE

today I knew I was having a breakfast meeting with food and going out for lunch -it's also my night out down the pub.
So, taking this into account, and also attempting a 'fishy week' I gave it my best shot !

Breakfast (meeting) ignored the bacon, sausages and fried eggs to go in the big White floury baps, and thoroughly enjoyed the fresh fruit selection

strawberries, grapes, kiwi, watermelon and passionfruit

Lunch: Asian salmon
oven roasted salmon with shitake mushrooms, rice noodles, bok choi and sugar snap peas in miso....the miso I have at home is only 1syn per portion, so would guess at only a couple of syns max will syn as 5

Dinner: king prawn & courgette risotto
arborio rice, onions, leeks, fish stock cube, king prawns, courgette

Syns (as above)
miso dish - 5
3 pints Fosters - 30
50ml whisky - 5
Weekly total 40

WK10 D2 (Saturday) Red

Breakfast: Jellied eels

lunch: crabstick sandwhich
2x400g WW bread (HEB), 8 crabsticks (100g) mushed into a little ff natural yoghurt, quark, blackpepper, lemon juice and dill, with mixed leaves

Dinner: mussels
mussels, fish stock cube, onions & garlic

Supper: fresh fruit salad and 'cream'
apple, grapes, kiwi, clementine, pear & strawberries
with splenda mixed into ff natural yoghurt and quark

Syns : nil
Weekly total 40

Last edited:
WK10 D3 (Sunday) Red

Well, decided that I needed a bit of excercise, so suggested a walk, OH agreed, and one place we really like is Leigh on Sea... the world famous cockles come from there....
We then decided that it was a bit of a trek, 30mins or so in the car, to go for a walk, to buy extra expensive seafood. It also looked like rain at some stage, and didn't really want to get caught, so I suggested walking to our local seafood stall, OK, not scenic, but still a walk - 2.65 mile round trip, got the excercise, and got the seafood for lunch.

Lunch: seafood selection
cockles, brown shrimp and rollmops

Dinner: Tuna steak & veg
Tuna steak baked in foil with lemon, corriander & black pepper
191g new potatoes (HEB) broccoli, cauliflower, courgette and carrots

Supper: chocolate surprise
1 level tbspn cocoa powder (1) mixed into ff natural yoghurt with
strawberries, clementine and apple.

warm milk in bed (250ml semi skimmed)

Syns : as above
cocoa powder - 1
Weekly total 41

Well, it's been a few days since I've been here, and have now completed another week... a small loss of 0.5lb - but at least it's a loss. Just finished a 'fishy' week, and am a little disapointed with such a small loss, especially after the good reports I've seen, but I did go out for a few beers last night, which although not planned, still fitted into my syns allowance, so the poor loss, may well be because I was out last night, I did previously start this diary because of an unexpected gain, and if drinking the night before WI is the reason, then I'm more than happy with a loss..... found that the 2 weeks previously, that were mainly green have been good weeks, so...... looks like I'll try a few more greenies :)
Time to post this weeks completed diary:

WK10 D4 (Monday) Red

Apple, Banana

Lunch :Tuna & sardine salad,
Tuna, sardines in tomato sauce, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrot

Mid afternoon: Pear

Dinner: Starter - Mussels Main - river cobbler, potatoes and veg
mussels, fish stock cube, onions & garlic
smoked river cobbler, poached egg, carrots, green beans, baby corns, 194g new potatoes(HEB), quark, 42g lowlow (HEA)

Syns: nil
weekly total 41

Back