Debridgers' Food Diary & Ramblings

I must admit, I'm lucky on that score - we have a free canteen, and I can always obtain a 100% SW option for lunch, I just avoid the stuff they cook themselves.
So I can always get a jkt pot (beans every other day) cold meat or fish - I avoid stuff in sauces, then there are always loads of 'normal' salads and I miss the soups
So really, anything they haven't played with.

WK1 D2 (Sat 11AUG12) - EE

Off out on our bikes :character00201: as the weather was fantastic, 112 miles, so pleased I have an engine lol
so had a good breakfast, out with friends in the evening for a few drinks, was going to drive (well I drove there) but Ken didn't really want a drink, so he had 1 pint , and I had a few - not too many mind, and I started off on diet coke anyway.... so OK for the week overall

Breakfast: SW 'fry-up'
egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans

Dinner: vegetable soup // Paella with salad // yogurt
oxo, onion, carrot, celery, swede, turnip // knorr stock cube, onion, garlic, rice, prawns, squid, mussels, mackerel, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, mixed peppers, // ww yogurt

so - had a look into this cider malarky..... you know what, the syns online are canned or bottled versions, and according to the drink aware website, the canned versions are stronger than draught..... so, only 9.1 syns per pint for draught Strongbow based on the calorific content... which also means, I've been over estimating the beers / lagers that I drink, as I don't do the stronger versions,... so, those I generally drink vary between 8.9 and 9.4 syns, so, I'm gonna carry on counting all my beers / ciders / lagers as 10 syns each, and I'll be on track - YAY :D

Pub doesn't call last orders until 12:30... so was a bit of a late one, home for supper

Supper: Cheese & ham sarnie with pickles
2x400g hovis (HEB1), 3xlaughing cow (part HEA1), ham, lettuce, gherkins, pickled onions, cherry tomatoes

HEA x0.5 & HEB x1

Daily Syns (incl above)
3 pints strongbow - 30
Total Daily Syns : 30
Total Weekly Syns : 34

WK1 D3 (Sun 12AUG12) - red

busy, busy, busy all day

Breakfast: poached Eggs on toast
2x eggs, 2x400g hovis (HEB1)

Snack: ham & lettuce rolls (bread free)

Dinner: chicken & veg // yogurt
chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, brussels sprouts, carrot, swede,oxo, mint sauce // WW yogurt
did the chicken in the slow cooker whole on foil balls - comes out so moist and succulent, no fat as it all drains, and the skin doesn't roast (except where it sticks to the side) so it's easy to chuck away, and it just falls off of the bone.

Supper: chewy bar & hot milk
250ml semi-skimmed milk (HEA1), hi-fi bar (HEB2)

Daily Syns (incl above)
NIL
Total Daily Syns : 0
Total Weekly Syns : 34

WK1 D4 (Mon 13AUG12) - red

Well, work wasn't too bad, the pair of us had things under control,
had a result too, when I arrived home from work, I found Ken in the spare room painting the walls!!!
:0chacha:
didn't have any breakfast, we have fruit bowls at work, replaced daily, but tbh, it wasn't up to much, and there were no bananas, so I didn't bother, and had an early lunch (well, early for me, it was still noon)

I've reduced my coffee intake, and increased water and fruit/herb teas - so hopefully that should help

Lunch: ham salad // melon
ham, mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato, carrot // mixed melon

Dinner: smoked salmon & egg salad // yogurt & cereal crunch
smoked salmon, hard boiled egg, 200g hot new potatoes (HEB1), 75g philli light (HEA1), lettuce, tomato, cucumber, beetroot, mixed peppers // mullerlight greek (0.5), alpen light (part HEB2)

1st I've had of the mullerlight greek yogurts - not bad I must say

HEA x1 HEB x1.5

Daily Syns (incl above)
mullerlight greek 0.5
Total Daily Syns : 0.5
Total Weekly Syns : 34.5

WK1 D5 (Tues 14AUG12) - Green

another day on track, full of that initial enthusiasm that I had whilst I was so in the zone last year..... even this year, after Christmas I didn't feel this good, and that was before all the other stuff was going on

Breakfast: fruit
banana, pear, apple

Lunch: jacket & cheese with salad // fruit salad
jacket potato, 3x laughing cow (4.5), mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato, mixed peppers, onion, sweetcorn // grapes, kiwi, melon

Snack: Nectarine

Dinner: Cheesy lentil bake & pitta // yogurt
lentils, onion, carrot, tomato, 80g cathederal city light (HEA 1&2), wholemeal pitta (HEB1) // WW yogurt

HEA x2 HEB x1

Daily Syns (incl above)
3x laughing cow light - 4.5
Total Daily Syns : 4.5
Total Weekly Syns : 39

Not been on-line for a day or so, it's about time I had a quick update

WK1 D6 (Wed 15AUG12) - Red

Wednesday = Pub night, I drove (well, I guess it's better not to knock back a few pints the night before WI anyway)
but I still had about 3 pints of diet coke....

I decided to take some breakfast in today, as opposed to just having fruit, I cooked the egg & bacon the night before, left in the fridge, and thought that I'd construct it once I arrived at the office..... well, because the pitta wasn't warmed, it just fell to pieces once I tried to fill it, so I had a mess, but a tasty mess :)

Breakfast: egg & bacon pitta
wml pitta (HEB1), bacon, egg, 1 tbs LTL mayo (0.5)

Lunch: rollmop & turkey salad // fruit salad
rollmops, turkey, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, white cabbage // kiwi, melon, grapes

Dinner was a throw together, and I had some cooked chicken I wanted to use

Dinner: chicken and tomato stew
tinned tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, mixed peppers, chicken, ff fromage frais

I saved my HEA and an HEB for supper, but we didn't have any :(

HEA - NIL HEB x1 - not good

Daily Syns (incl above)
1 tbs Lighter than light mayonnaise - 0.5
Total Daily Syns : 0.5
Total Weekly Syns : 39.5

WK1 D7 (Thu 16AUG12) - Red

Well,the end of week 1...... had a 1lb loss, not great, but not bad either, and we all know that my losses & gains are normally evident the week after, so, I think sticking to plan again should show soon.
I also know that I probably haven't eaten enough, so few syns, as you know, I normally start day 1 - Friday.... drink most of them Friday night, and adjust in the week to around 70-80 syns.... well, I've not really drunk much this week, and haven't made up for it with synned stuff - I don't eat something for the sake of it...so, will have to eat or drink more next week..... and yes, although it's re-start week, I guess some things are imprinted, and I've probably been loosely following SW even though I've not been following it IYNWIM
Anyway - a pound is a pound

Breakfast: fruit & yoghurt
nectarine, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, ff fromage frais

Lunch: soup & sandwich with cheese curls
oxo, onion, carrot, celery, swede, turnip // 2x400g hovis (HEB1), 40g phiili light (part HEA1), ham, 0.5 tbs piccalilli (0.5), cheese curls (3)

Snack: at WI...
cuppa tea and a peanut hi-fi (HEB2)
I never count the milk when I'm at class - 1 cup, dribble of milk.... count that as my after WI treat ;)

Dinner: Chicken salad // fruit
chicken, 35g philli light (part HEA1),lettuce, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, red pepper // banana

Supper: seafood
Jellied eels, rollmop

In bed supper: milky hot chocolate & chewy bar
250ml semi-skim (HEA2), highlights(2), hi-fi light(3)

Oooh, bought the new limited edition rocky road hi-fi light (mini hi-fi) really tasty, and only 3syns...or 2 for an HEB

HEA x2 HEB x2 - That's better!!

Daily Syns (incl above)
piccalilli - 0.5
cheese curls - 3
hi-fi light - 3
highlights - 2
Total Daily Syns : 8.5
Total Weekly Syns : 48

Back