Phoenix2010......to maintain at 11st 2
Lara1986.......lose 2lbs then maintain 9st
Suze012......loose 2.8lbs n maintain 14st 12lbs

Ha! Mines is heavier than everyone elses by far! X

LucySera.......lose 3.2lbs then maintain 11st

Bordersgirl .... Start New Year with a max of 2.5 stone to lose so 13 stone 13lbs
LucySera.......lose 3.2lbs then maintain 11st

I think I'm going to have to abandon my original Xmas target of losing 4 stone in total as I've still got 6.2lbs to go. I'm still going to give it my best shot but I'm struggling a bit at the mo to be honest. I got stuck at Edinburgh station this lunchtime as there were so many train cancellations due to the weather up here, so I kept warm in Cafe Nero with a skinny latte, and now that I've made it home I've got another coffee (49 cals, 8g carbs in the homemade one as I have checked, God knows how many in the Cafe Nero one). I've also supposedly got my office Xmas meal tomorrow (weather dependent I guess).

So, given that I intended to put on less than 7lbs over Xmas having lost 4 stone which would give me 2.5 stone to lose when I started back I'm going to try to aim for that 2.5 stone to go regardless of where I end up before Xmas. So my target is to be 13st 13lb when I start back in the New Year which is more or less where I am now. So what I lose now, I can put on over Xmas but if I don't lose now I need to maintain :)

And Suze, it's you and I at the top end of the weights now. We can't help being surrounded by skinny minis :).

Your still over 1 stone lighter than me lol ack i wouldnt be doing a vlcd if i didnt have a good few stone to loose! Too severe for me x

looks like we are all aiming fairly conservatively for december , a wise move I think

and I dont feel much of a skinny minnie , I am only 5ft 1 and a half :wave_cry:

It's all relative Suze, everyone else is more than 2 stone lighter than me! I can see a VLCD like this in my future to be honest. After I reach goal and am maintaining, once I get near my maximum weight (ie the weight I want to trigger something in my head to diet again) I intend to do a VLCD for a handful of weeks to lose that weight as I know I'm rubbish at 'normal' diets (although I am going to try to do something like GI when I maintain so I might have more success with that). I didn't think I could do a VLCD diet again after LT and hating every pack except the choc shakes but I've liked a number of the S&S packs and it's kept me going.

I'm unfortunately small boned although not short, sadly it means I have to stay at the lower end of the spectrum or else I look pudgy haha! Off to Lisbon tomorrow for the weekend - I expect to come back a bloated carbed up version of my current self ;)

still here too but have to say im not on plan at all at the moment
Im maintaining at around 11,5 and I want to end the month where i started at 11,2 so its not the end of the world , your losses are amazing this week Suze

I guess getting on and off plan is harder than i anticipated at the moment , all the bloody xmas adverts with food in dont help , plus the weather is keeping me indoors and now I have a horrendous cold so all i want to do is grab my duvet and eat

Need to get my head back in the game but fear it may be Jan before that happens , I am still daily weighing though so im not sticking my head in the sand Im fully aware of where im at and its not too bad:)

I'm still here! I didn't do too badly today after the food and drink excesses of last night. Didn't feel hungry at all most of the day as I was too hungover and felt like I was going to puke all day :eek:. I reckon I drank about 2 bottles of wine which was very bad! Had a bar at about 4 and had some grilled chicken and the allowed veggies tonight, and a cup of coffee with milk. Probably about 500 calories total. Didn't feel like anything else so didn't have another pack. See how I feel tomorrow when the hangover has properly gone. Hopefully I won't feel too hungry and will be back on track for the next 2 weeks until Xmas eve. I can see a few low cal/carb meals in view instead of the 3rd pack tho.

Be interesting to see what I weigh tomorrow. I STS this am after my party excesses but I was so dehydrated I didn't need to pee until about 3pm! So as I hydrated today I probably gained a little bit, plus TOTM started today so what with the hangover it wasn't the best day, and I spent it slumped on the sofa!

wow 2 bottles of wine , i think Id die if i drank that much :eek:

I spent yesterday on the sofa too but for a different reason , i have the cold from Hell , and feel even worse today , any thought of staying on plan are definitely off the cards at the moment when I feel so awful

I always feel exilerated when I finally get well again so will probably have one last push before christmas to get below 11st

is it awful to say I cant wait until jan? , Im looking forward to christmas and new year, seeing my family and friends , especially my grown up son who lives away , but I am definitely missing the feeling of losing weight and being in control

I think 2 bottles is probably on the conservative side actually, it was probably more than that! :eek:. I used to be a bit hardcore when it comes to alcohol but I'm out of practice since the diet and can't handle it as well now. Luckily my friend noticed that I'd had enough and dragged me back to the station and threw me on a train otherwise I'd probably still be there!

Hope you feel better today Phoenix. It's not nice when you feel crap. I know exactly how you feel about looking forward to Jan. I'm actually looking forward to restarting again in Jan as I really feel that I can get to goal in 2 - 3 months and really want to be there. Although I'm vaguely looking forward to Xmas (although both mine and the OH's families live a long way away so we won't be seeing them) I'm not really looking forward to the potential of putting on weight that I made a big effort to lose. I'm also a little scared about not getting back onto the diet in Jan once I get back to work.

A tip for people breaking the diet for 1 night out. I haven't found it at all difficult to get back to the packs straightaway and am not hungry like I usually am trying to get back into ketosis. I'm not sure whether that's because my glycogen stores have not completely refilled after 1 night so I'm not going through the usual hunger period but I'm glad I decided to get back on straightaway rather than waiting until Mon which is originally what I planned to do.

thanks for the night out tip bordersgirl! I will need it next weekend! and well done for getting back on without making excuses and stalling. You must have enjoyed those two bottles! Did you find you got drunk quicker? Or felt sick or anything?

I too am looking forward to January! I just discovered im actually 3lbs heavier than I thought I was :-( looks like the scales I use make me a bit too light in comparison to reality. So I decided just to add 3lbs to all my weigh in weights and means I have another 3lbs to add to my amount left to lose til goal! so 9lbs to go as of week7 weigh in... anyway all in all thats made me less bothered to have days off over xmas and limit them as much as possible. just really want this last bit off so i can finally maintain!

Was very upset about the 3lb earlier and nearly binged but so far had 2 porridges and seem to be fighting off the urges. I try and remember that my body is eating already soI dont need to feed it - its eating my fat!!

Soya milk in tea was great by the way I think Suze suggested it?

Yes Lara, definitely got drunk more quickly and felt more queasy than I would have done so before (although I didn't actually puke!). The hangover stopped me from really wanting to eat yesterday and I'm still feeling a bit under the weather today if I'm honest so I'm not really wanting to eat too much. I'm kind of a bit scared of going off plan for Xmas too so maybe I'll try to do some packs some days and eat in between. I'm going to play it by ear as my goal was to restart at 13st 13lbs and I'm only 0.6lbs less than that now so don't have much to play with!

I carbed up before the meal on real porridge and a banana to try to soak up the alcohol and neither tasted as nice as I thought they would to be honest. The potatoes were ok at the meal but I only had a couple of tiny ones and they weren't that stunning, but I did enjoy the choc torte! So maybe my need for carbs has reduced somewhat? Hope so anyway.

You know 3lbs is annoying but it's really not the end of the world. Just means that you'll be with us for a week or 2 longer but that's not long and you'll easily get that off the way you're going. Definitely not worth binging for, and anyway that will just give you more to lose :).

I got my booze license last week(which is such a hassle around here) and stocked up on amarulas to enjoy over Christmas. Mmmm, I guess I have to take it easy :D

So you need a licence to buy it or to drink it? I guess I thought that most middle eastern countries would have a ban on alcohol except Dubai perhaps. How long have you been over there? It's for work I guess?

I saw this article online:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2071903/Strict-diet-days-better-calorie-counting-week.html

Not sure if it works or not but might be useful advice for those of us wanting to enjoy the Xmas excesses with a limited amount of damage. It sounds a bit like the JUDDD diet, although I don't think I could cope with the massive difference in calories on the down days compared to the up days on a regular basis, but maybe on the odd days during the Xmas break it might be ok.

Last edited:
BordersGirl said:
Yes Lara, definitely got drunk more quickly and felt more queasy than I would have done so before (although I didn't actually puke!). The hangover stopped me from really wanting to eat yesterday and I'm still feeling a bit under the weather today if I'm honest so I'm not really wanting to eat too much. I'm kind of a bit scared of going off plan for Xmas too so maybe I'll try to do some packs some days and eat in between. I'm going to play it by ear as my goal was to restart at 13st 13lbs and I'm only 0.6lbs less than that now so don't have much to play with!

I carbed up before the meal on real porridge and a banana to try to soak up the alcohol and neither tasted as nice as I thought they would to be honest. The potatoes were ok at the meal but I only had a couple of tiny ones and they weren't that stunning, but I did enjoy the choc torte! So maybe my need for carbs has reduced somewhat? Hope so anyway.

You know 3lbs is annoying but it's really not the end of the world. Just means that you'll be with us for a week or 2 longer but that's not long and you'll easily get that off the way you're going. Definitely not worth binging for, and anyway that will just give you more to lose :).

Thanks :) yea I saw sense as the hours went by and am really proud of myself for looking beyond the 3lb and staying on plan. Interesting about how the food and carb in particular wasn't that interesting anymore! I am really impressed with how you handled the night out and following days I hope I do as well :)

So you need a licence to buy it or to drink it? I guess I thought that most middle eastern countries would have a ban on alcohol except Dubai perhaps. How long have you been over there? It's for work I guess?

I saw this article online:

Strict diet for two days 'better than calorie counting all week' | Mail Online

Not sure if it works or not but might be useful advice for those of us wanting to enjoy the Xmas excesses with a limited amount of damage. It sounds a bit like the JUDDD diet, although I don't think I could cope with the massive difference in calories on the down days compared to the up days on a regular basis, but maybe on the odd days during the Xmas break it might be ok.

Yeah, I'm working here and the license allows me to buy booze in liquor stores. You can get drinks in hotels but you pay ridiculous amounts there!

I just looked at that link and I reckon that's the sort of plan that would work for me over my off-days at Christmas. Worth a try I reckon :)

Back