December Challenge "Im still here"

Ooo interesting!

Also kinda puts it into perspective how much we are losing as the top group lost 9lb in 3months that's long! X

I saw that article too , wondering if its a good way to maintain although Id be concerned about "eat whatever you like for the other 5 days "

I going to plot my weight now til the end of xmas as it seems to be slipping up the scale , just for my own benefit really

My aim still to end the month on 11 2 or lower, im back on it today until Saturday when Im eating chinese :(

Monday Dec 12........11.7.4

wheres everyone gone lol

Tuesday Dec 13 ......11.7.4
Monday Dec 19......11.10.2 oh dear!!:cry:
Tuesday Dec 20 .....11.6.6. better :)

Hey I'm still here! Not lost any weight since Thursday :-( now I understand the STS group u had going on!

Back! Sort of ;) I had a fabulous weekend in Lisbon... but the next day after arriving home I started suffering acute abdominal pain and vomiting blood clots. One A&E visit and some morphine later I was informed that my immune system had gone a little stir crazy and decided to cause my duodenum to become really inflamed and bleed - so I've been in inpatients for the last week :( Thrilled to be out of there - I was foreseeing a hospitalised Christmas, but being back in your own home is so much nicer.

Just in case there are any worries, I can assure everyone that it's not diet related in any way - in fact my gastro consultant has put me on a very similar liquid nutrition diet (Modulen) for the next few weeks to allow my gastrointestinal system time to heal, something I found rather amusing! Unfortunately it's significantly higher in sugar and overall calories so I expect I'll be seeing a few pounds creeping back on. However I'm sure as soon as I'm off Modulen and back on Slim and Save they'll drop right back off!

Hi Lucy, welcome back! What an ordeal you must've had, but you also sound really upbeat. Take good care of yourself x

Hi Lucy glad you had a good weekend away. Not so good you have been ill since though :(. Do they know what may have caused the problem? I was on some liquid diet last Christmas (spent 3 weeks in ITU being tube fed:() although I can't remember what it was called.

Good news that you're out of hospital for Xmas tho, and hope you feel much better soon. Don't rush back to the diet - your health is very important.

Get well soon Lucy , hope you are OK for Christmas xx

Tuesday Dec 13 ......11.7.4
Monday Dec 19......11.10.2 oh dear!!
Tuesday Dec 20 .....11.6.6. better
Wednesday Dec 21 ..11.5.8

My son is coming home on Friday :D , havnt seen him for months , and im cooking his favourite vegetarian fahitas , washed down with pear cider and baileys, (p.s he is 20 in case anyone was worried ) and so i guess that is when this particular phase of my december on/off diet will end , resuming on the day after boxing

Might have to rethink the whole ketosis thing as Im having palpitations everytime im in ketosis , seeing cardiologist in the new year , scared to tell him what Ive been doing but know i have to be honest :sigh:

STS , suppose I cant lose every day , would have been nice to get back to my December start weight before the festivities begin but theres still today and tomoro

I decided to have the fahitas without the wrap tomoro night , ie quorn and veg so it wont do quite so much damage , booked a meal at bella italia on saturday so chicken salad it is , I am trying to be good when Im bad :D

Hope y'all are enjoying the break and time with loved ones!

I'm still here! My OH's gone back now so it feels like the festivities are over and I feel ready to get back on track tomorrow.

I am dreading what the scales will say tomorrow. I haven't eaten much at all but I've certainly drunk LOADS (and not enough water too!)

I am spurred on though - my OH couldn't get over how great I looked :D
Wait till he sees me at the end of March!!!!

Aww lovely that OH was so impressed. Well we've had Xmas and I think it's just shown us that it feels better to be on plan and I right?

X

Aww lovely that OH was so impressed. Well we've had Xmas and I think it's just shown us that it feels better to be on plan and I right?

X

Hey Lara, yeah, I just wanna get back on plan so I'm not even taking NY's eve off either. I'll be just fine with my lemon bar and a chick flick :).

How have you got on over Xmas hun?

Hi Maka, glad you had a good break. I've eaten far, far too much and Lara I'm actually looking forward to getting back on plan on 4th! Scales show that I've put on 5.3lbs so far which equates to 15000 calories more than I needed to maintain (if you believe the figures). Although I have overeaten I know that I haven't eaten anything like 15000 more calories than my maintenance level so I hope that much of it is water that will come off quickly when I restart and get back into ketosis. I know I definitely need to aim for half a stone lower than my target weight to counteract the water effect when I come out of ketosis for maintenance.

Grrrrrrrr...9lbs gain in 6 days. Blimey! Ok...nose to the grind and get on with it. I'm back on plan today. Hoping it's mostly water weight and I'll have lost it by WI on 2nd Jan.

I know that's where I'm headed and I hope mine is mainly water too. I'll be watching your experience this week as I'll be restarting in a week's time. Got my birthday and new year to get through between now and then and no doubt more damage on the diet front! When I had a break for a holiday last time I put on 6.2lbs but lost it all and more in 5 days after restarting that confirmed to me that it was mainly water.

Grrrrrrrr...9lbs gain in 6 days. Blimey! Ok...nose to the grind and get on with it. I'm back on plan today. Hoping it's mostly water weight and I'll have lost it by WI on 2nd Jan.

For sure - that will be gone in no time xx

I know that's where I'm headed and I hope mine is mainly water too. I'll be watching your experience this week as I'll be restarting in a week's time. Got my birthday and new year to get through between now and then and no doubt more damage on the diet front! When I had a break for a holiday last time I put on 6.2lbs but lost it all and more in 5 days after restarting that confirmed to me that it was mainly water.

Ooh - have a great birthday. I'm sure the lbs will be gone within the first week - which you know as you've done it before ;)

3 lbs on for me - but I've not finished yet - still got new year to get through :eek:. I'm not too worried though as I'm not dreading having to get back on as I find S&S so much less traumatic than other VLCDs - in fact I actually enjoy it!!

Here's to a fantastic, healthy and slim 2012, Ladies (and gents)

xxx

Thanks Toots!

I don't regret the good break that I had. If anything, it's just what I needed to spur me on for the next couple of months - otherwise the long haul would have been too much and I would have caved in.

So enjoy your time off too...and yes: CHEERS!!! I'll drink to that (except I'm sticking to water from now on....loooool)
Makax

Oh, I do so hope that you will have a lovely birthday. Got something nice planned? And something gorgeous to wear? hehehehehehhee, my obsession seems to have moved from food to clothes :D

Back