Decided to do Exante

Today exciting morsels:-

Apple and cinnamon porridge which I put some berries on top of to change it up bit. A peanut butter bar. Then last thing was two hard boiled eggs with a massive green salad of rocket, watercress, red onion, cherry tomato ( just the one lol), small Pink Lady apple (naughty) and a dressing made with balsamic vinegar, garlic, mustard and a tiny smidge of honey cos I made it first with sweetener and it was rank and I had to throw it away..

I am drinking two litres of Robinson's summer creations squash a day. Can't manage anymore as I only have one kidney which is on the fritz as it is. Early indications show a 4lb lose on the scales but my offical weigh in is Thursday. Hoping for 7lb by then.

I haven't tried the apple and cinnamon porridge, tried the plain one which is nice.

I love the bars but try to stick with the shakes and the soups.

I've been coming on and off the approved food list, need to do better with that so I do.

Keeping everything crossed for your WI on Thursday.

Thanks Dolly Rocker. I bought a 2 week trial and a box of bars that were on offer so I've quite lot of bars. I am not that keen on them tbh. Too sweet.I only got 4 soups in the pack for the 2 weeks and 2 porridge and a few apple crumbles. The rest is shakes and 10 bars.

Today I have had a vanilla shake hot with coffee in it. My neighbour had an emergency so I went to help. By the time I'd hot footed it up town and back home I was buzzing and very wired. It's first time I've been dressed in over 2 weeks as well due to quarantine. If am not dressed am not tempted to go out. My knickers are too big lol. My fat used to bulge through and over the lace on them. Prob tmi there but anyhow. It's a beautiful day here. Been sat outside having a social distance chat with neighbours.

My lad starts uni next week and he is very nervous. I am so proud of him tho. He's the 6th out of my 7 kids to go. The one who had the most hurdles to contend with too but he's done it. :) Am glad he's living at home. I wouldn't want him banged up in halls in uni due to Freshers flu and Covid scares.

Seems strange that they don't mix it up a bit more with the trial boxes doesn't it.

I'm just had a salted caramel shake, they are defo my new favourite.

Aw you must be so proud of him!

Well today is not going well. Have had increasing stomach ache now and other symptoms I get from my lactose intolerance and then I discovered the packs are not dairy free. :eek: My own fault entirely. I just assumed they would be. All is not lost cos they have a very limited vegan range of shakes. For a month's worth they work out expensive. With jump40 discount code it still comes to £85 based on 3 packs a day for a month. It still means I have to do a 200 cal meal on top of that. I have to ask myself if I can live on banana and chocolate milk shakes over and over again. I don't like coffee and walnut, so that is all there is. The blueberry muffin one is not on the website. So........decisions, decisions.....

Oh that's not great.

You need to make the switch though if they are making you feel so bad.

Could you have some soups instead of shakes? Might be better coming in to the winter months anyway?

The soups have lactose in them too. I've decided to press on but only have two a day and a 200 cal meal until I've used them up and can look into the vegan ones once I am near the end of them. I only bought a two week box, plus 24 bars. The peanut bars don't to upset me as much so that's good.

Yes it is. I've always had a dodgy stomach. I can remember as a child having terrible stomach ache every night. Two of my children were born lactose/gluten intolerant and that is when the penny dropped with me. Am not great with gluten either. My GP think it is possible my kidney damage is caused by being fed milk products and living on a very bread based diet as a child. I don't think people knew much about that sort of thing then tho.

Today I had a peanut bar. It gives me stomach ace but not as much as the shakes. I emailed Exante and asked if they could make it clearer their products are not dairy free. We'll see if they answer. The new sofa arrived. It's lovely. Ds has already bagged the corner seat. I did hear a cat. clawing at it tho. I must put a stop to that.

Well the reply from Exante was no to making it clearer, no the products are not dairy free and no they are not expanding the vegan range. Right well that told me. :oops: I won't be buying anymore but I'll use up what I've got ( prob 2 packs a day depending on if I get symptoms at work. I work with the public so I need to be on my game ) and then make a decision on what to do next when am near the bottom of the box. I am looking into low carb, high protein next....a u tube food blogger has some wonderful recipes that are dairy free and low carb.. Weigh in tomorrow am.

Todays food:- a lemon bar and a peanut bar. Then I cooked some broccoli, spinach, a couple of cherry tomatoes and sprinkle of vegan cheese with nutritional yeast. It was yummy and less then 200 calories the lot.

Thanks Katherine. Weigh in today down to 13 stone 11 lb. So 7 lb off this week. :) Very unexpected considering I lost 12lb the first week so am very happy with that. I measured and have lost 3 inches off my stomach and an inch off my waist.

Last edited:
I've been back at work two days now. Yesterday I only had a mug of tea and water before work. I wasn't hungry at all despite being rushed off our feet. I got home and had a bar,then later a baked sweet potato with some green salad with balsamic vinegar on it. I couldn't finish it all and went to sleep so I only had 400 calories yesteday.

Today I was very busy before work sorting household stuff and tea and baking prep for ds's when I got home this evening. I had to run down the street to retrieve my seagull proof recycling sack, which the bin men never remember to wedge in my letterbox so it doesn't blow away. All exercise lol. I had tea and water and came home and had a shake. Now got stomach ache.I am also very tired. I have to work tomorrow too cos someone has to quarantine. Fortunately they were there a different day to me or I'd be in quarantine AGAIN. :eek:

Ds's have had Shepherds pie, brocolli and carrots and I baked them a chocolate cake. I'll probably have a 200 calorie meal with the left over veg later.

Last edited:
Back