Decided to do Exante

Wow - well done you!

Och I know, I'm getting into the mindset that we need to just let it run it's course and hope for the best.

I think the vulnerable should still shield as much as possible but just let everyone else get it if it is just mild symptoms.

We can't keep the world at a standstill for much longer it's affecting our mental health too much and people are losing jobs all over the place.

Well done on your losses so far, you're doing really well.
Did the lactose tablets work? I have Coeliac but I am pretty sure I also have a lactose intolerance, ignoring it for the moment and avoiding going to Dr as I am already so limited to what I can eat!

My gran has coeliac and Lactose intolerance, I think it's written in the stars for me 😆

Thanks Dolly. Tbh I've been of that opinion from almost day one. I am high risk but I'd sooner live my life then hide in the house. I was in lockdown in two different countries and flew 4 times for work during the pandemic. I got Covid right at the beginning from a co worker. Only yesterday a neighbour asked me to go in his friends to see if he was OK cos he wasn't answering the door and he was scared of what he might find. I found the poor man dead in bed. He was waiting for heart surgery...postponed due to Covid. He was only in his 40's.

Last edited:
Yes am fine now. I couldn't sleep last night tho. It was very upsetting, especially when all his kids arrived on scene and then his dad but am OK. thanks.

Last edited:
I am now thanks :) Not impressed with Exante today tho. They had my review on trustpilot removed. It was fair and true. Makes me wonder how many others have been taken off.

Anyhoo today I have had a chocolate shake done in the blender with ice and a bar. I have to work this evening so just had some soup cos I am starving today. Good news is my stomach seems to be calming down.

Last edited:
Am at work tonight. We usually walk at least 10 miles by the end of the shift..sometimes more. No guarantees tho cos if it pours down we will be sat back a base with radios. Today I ve had porridge and two bars, so 600 cals. Am not sure if to have something else before I go out or leave it until I get home around midnight and see if I need anything then. I don't want to use up my 800, walk a lot then get home starving later but if we don't walk due to bad weather, or not as much, I'll have had too much and no leeway later.......I remember once we had a Dominos on the back of walking for 8 hours straight and then didn't go out. Oops.

So decided to wing it. If am hungry I can have something when I get home. I'd take a bar with me but my uniform pockets are full of stuff I need so no room.

In the end I had a pea and raddish shoot salad with chopped tomato, a couple of slices of advocado and a small spoon of almond butter. I have walked and ran for 6 plus hours and I am not hungry. I think thanks to the almond butter. It was the teeniest amount as well. I had to go in the takeaway with the crew at break and watch them devour kebabs and chips and I didn't cave. Home now and having some sugar free squash before bed.

Last edited:
Well I've been good despite horrendous week topped off with my mate's daughter and friend of my son's dying after clinging to life for 6 weeks in icu. :( This year can bog off. I am so sad and upset I could quite easily go off piste but I won't. I had a sneaky weigh in and I think I've actually gained!!! Despite sticking to the diet and having more exercise as well. How annoying is that? I will see on Thursday. I can accept a sts but if am gaining that is not good. Decided to have just shakes now and no 200 calorie meals. See if I get a whoosh.if I have gained am going to have to try and work out why.

Well I've been good despite horrendous week topped off with my mate's daughter and friend of my son's dying after clinging to life for 6 weeks in icu. :( This year can bog off. I am so sad and upset I could quite easily go off piste but I won't. I had a sneaky weigh in and I think I've actually gained!!! Despite sticking to the diet and having more exercise as well. How annoying is that? I will see on Thursday. I can accept a sts but if am gaining that is not good. Decided to have just shakes now and no 200 calorie meals. See if I get a whoosh.if I have gained am going to have to try and work out why.

Oh that is so sad Lady :( sending lots of hugs x

Thanks millieliza. I think I am still in shock. It hasn't sunk in yet. She was only 21...same age as my sons. It's made me even more grateful for what I have.

Last edited:
Very strange times.. It wasn't covid with her tho.

Well another sneaky weigh in and I haven't gain. Looks like 2lb off again. This is going to be a real trial if I only lose two pounds a week from now on. cos I am hungry a lot of the time. I'll see on Thursday. People have told me that weeks 3 and 4 on this often show rubbish loses. I live right by the sea and it's really cold now. I am craving warming food. I might buy some exante soup next week when I get paid. I bought cup a soups but the carbs in them are too high for the small amount of calories they have. I've loads so I am going to give them away.

Yesterday I had a carrot cake bar, porridge and a green salad with teeny bit of almond butter for the protein and two slices of advocado ( I calculated the salad at 10 g carb and around 180 calories.) and a sugar free jelly. I just realised that was only 600 calories even with the jelly. After all that happened yesterday tho I didn't eat my first bar until 4 pm.

Today tho I am having porridge later. Probably a bar and probably a green salad again. Might have a shake too. The frappe is lovely and I can stomach it now cos of the lactose tablets.

You're having a hell of a time right now.

It's hard when you aren't losing as much as you want but look at it over the month rather than how much you lose in a week.

I feel thinner Dolly so that is one good thing. It's been a harrowing 6 weeks. I'll be glad when 2020 is over.

Today I have had er...nothing yet actually. Just got home from work and am contemplating some porridge. My appetite is down now which is good. I took some measurements today and I've lost. 3 inches off my stomach and waist. Weigh in tomorrow.

Well no whoosh today. Another 2lb off but it seems not very much for a massive effort. I lose more intermittant fasting.

Wk 1 intermittant fasting -12 lb

Wk 2 and wk 1 of Exante -7lb

Wk 3 and wk 2 of Exante -2lb

Wk 4 and wk 3 of Exante -2lb

So I lost more the first week doing intermittant fasting then I have in 3 weeks on Exante. It's still nearly 2 stone tho. I've got to decide am not eating enough or I've eaten too much on my 200 meals. Yesterdays food in the end was:-

Porridge with 5 blueberries and skinny syrup to sweeten.
A banana bar
200 calorie meal of Two quorn sausages in seriously low cal bread which was 9 g of carb. So 600 yesterday. Not enough but I don't buy it that we hold onto fat if we eat too little. If that was true noone would starve to death.

I drink around 3-4 litres of water.

I also worked yesterday and walked around 8 miles. I maybe need to start eating before work. At the moment I am eating in a window of between 3.30 pm and 8 pm. I can only get 3 products in.

Back