Deciding Between Red, Green or Extra Easy

dreamslim

Silver Member
I've done slimming world a few times and, since its invention, I have done EE because I like potato and pasta. In the past few months, however, I just haven't fancied pastas and potatoes but occasionally have rice. Am I better off doing red days and when I do have the occasional portion of rice to use this as one of my HEBs? Maybe I'm just over complicating it and I'm better off sticking to EE for simplicities sake.

Unfortunately rice (either white or brown) isn't a HEXb option. Unless you were really wanting the extra HEXa that you would get on a red day, EE would suit you better. I tend to do red days when I'm not having any carbs and enjoy the extra HEXa on some cheese or more milk!

If you like potatoes and pasta wouldn't green days be better for you??

Ahhh, my bad, should have paid a bit more attention to the book. Haha. To be honest I rarely eat pastas and potatoes anymore so will probably end up mostly on red days but will do ee on the days I have rice. Think that's prob the best option. Or think of it as EE (as I did today) then suddenly realise I had no pastas, pulses or starches and have a bit of extra cheese on my evening meal and some extra ryvita to snack on. :D

If you like potatoes and pasta wouldn't green days be better for you??

I love meat too which is why EE used to be the best for me but I haven't really fancied potatoes and pasta for a while so think I may inadvertently end up doing mostly red days. That's all I meant - I automatically planned to do extra easy because that's what I've always done but, actually, I haven't been fancying the 'green' bit of EE so actually should be going for red with a couple of ee days when I have a curry or something.

Ohhh sorry I read that wrong! Yeah do red! Then if you fancy some rice do EE for a day :) that's the thing about SW you can tailor it to what you fancy on the day! If I'm super hungry (usually pmt time!) I'll do a few green days of stodgy stuff. If I'm bloated I do some red days and I usually do EE on weekends as its more flexible if you go out :) good luck! X

Ohhh sorry I read that wrong! Yeah do red! Then if you fancy some rice do EE for a day :) that's the thing about SW you can tailor it to what you fancy on the day! If I'm super hungry (usually pmt time!) I'll do a few green days of stodgy stuff. If I'm bloated I do some red days and I usually do EE on weekends as its more flexible if you go out :) good luck! X

Yeah, when I've done it before and near to pmt time I generally live off sw chips with extra light mayo and sweet chilli sauce. Lol.

My carbs cravings may come back but until then I will stick with mostly red and a few EE when I fancy rice. :) that'll teach me to just stick with what I know rather than re-reading the plan. :)

And this shows that S W have three plans, not just one ie ee. They really should promote the red and green more I feel, but I have mentioned this before. I do red and green plans, but the beauty of S W is the flexibility. Got to love it havent you?

I'm new to slimming world so a bit clueless, I chose EE as its easier to get my head around, but I've started a diary on here and in a couple of weeks I'm going to ask for some of the more experienced to have a quick look and see if they think I'm on the right plan

EE Is fab for most people, and a really good one to start on and get used to the plan, however for me I don't really lose consistently on it so I mainly do red days. Although for the first time ever I'm doing a week of EE, week of red then week of green just to see what works best really. Greens are fab for vegetarians though so if you're a veggie id def suggest green x

I forgot about baked beans! :) haven't had them for ages but had some today and realised that they're EE (or green). It's good that I have re-read the book because I think I was a bit complacent last time I was on the plan and re-reading everything and looking at it completely differently seems to have made me think about things more. A definite lesson in not taking things for granted. :)

I'm new to slimming world so a bit clueless, I chose EE as its easier to get my head around, but I've started a diary on here and in a couple of weeks I'm going to ask for some of the more experienced to have a quick look and see if they think I'm on the right plan

Good luck mrs quadkon, as I said in my previous post, best advice I think I can give is don't take the plan for granted. :D

Back