Decisions Decisions????

toddshar

Silver Member
I don't know what to do bout Christmas and new year? I've paid for 4 weeks lipotrim so deffo staying 100% till end off November but I don't know what to do after that wether to stay 100% till my goal weight which I'm predicting to be middle of January or do 1 more week on TFR at end of november then 2 weeks refeed then join slimming world to finish losing the last couple of stone so I can eat Christmas and new year. I'm spending Christmas at home in Birmingham and new year at my parents in Cumbria.

Oh that's a tough one Toddshar!?! U have done so well and come so far!
I don't estimate to get to goal until April 2013 so much further to go, but on considering refeed for Christmas...... Personally I don't feel it's worth it, all that temptation and especially when u have done so well, folks will be saying "go on treat yourself, u deserve it" etc..... Entirely a personal decision, and I'm sure u will b super vigilant given all ur effort and hard work!
Good luck whatever u decide!!! X

Yeye said:
Oh that's a tough one Toddshar!?! U have done so well and come so far!
I don't estimate to get to goal until April 2013 so much further to go, but on considering refeed for Christmas...... Personally I don't feel it's worth it, all that temptation and especially when u have done so well, folks will be saying "go on treat yourself, u deserve it" etc..... Entirely a personal decision, and I'm sure u will b super vigilant given all ur effort and hard work!
Good luck whatever u decide!!! X

Cheers Yeye personally I want to stay 100% as I want to achieve my goal I've always said I'm going to stay 100% during Xmas period but it is folks putting things in my head telling me I've gone far enough that I don't need to lose anymore weight. When I was 21 stone and starting lipotrim nobody said nowt to me bout the diet after losing 7st 5.5lbs they are starting to and I don't like it! It's getting to me and got me thinking how far do I want to go also chemist is asking me bout what next.

If you really want to stay 100% then you should do. It's only the food and booze that you won't be having, you can join in all the other celebrations of Xmas and New Year. You have worked so hard and been so disiplined it would be such a shame to force you to finish before you are ready. Also agree with yeye, there is so much temptation around at that time. January is only a few weeks later. Good luck with whatever decision you make, you'll be happy as long as its your decision.

Why not refeed, enjoy xmas but rather than going on to slimming world go back to lipotrim?

Thanks busy mum and goose x

I know I want to stay 100% but family and friends are getting into my mind and making me double doubt myself. I know I shouldn't listen to people. I couldn't refeed then go back to lipotrim the thought of starting week 1 is frightening that's why I've gone 150 days 100%.

I know exactly what you mean! I admire anyone who can take breaks and then comeback to LT, I know I couldn't do that. It's 100% until goal for me, I know that.

You sound as though you really don't want to refeed yet. Can you stay strong and tell then no? What does your husband think? At the end of the day you have to be happy in your choice.

I agree with busy mum, it seems if u want to stay 100% you should!! There will be so many more christmases, dont let anyone bully u into doing sonething u dont want to. When my cousin came to stay with me for 5 days id originally planned to refeed n eat but didnt and stayed 100% and im soooo glad i did. I dont regret not eating one bit and it means getting to goal quicker xxx

I don't want to thats why I wanted some advice of people on here. My hubby wanted me to stop weeks ago but now I've got other people telling me to stop and like I said before its got me thinking and doubting myself.

Toddshar I'm on another vlcd s&s and was dropping by. You have done brilliantly and foe what it's worth I will give you my two pennies worth. I would stick to plan but if you get real grief then I would have protein on Christmas day for your meal and ver but no carbs. That way your family may give you a break. In my experience it is very hard to get back onto vlcd once you stop. I spent best part of two years on and off and never really getting to goal putting more weight on and it was a merry go round but nothing merry about it!

Its funny that family and friends never comment when one is overweight because they don't want to hurt your feelings. Yet as soon as one loses weight they feel they can tell you to stop its enough only to then tell you dieting doesn't work you'll put it Back on.

It is your decision and I would do want suits you best. If you take break over christmas you will have a gain be it water weight or water and a little fat gain. Question is do you want the scale to show a loss on your first weigh in injanuary 2013 a sts or a gain? That's would I would ask myself. Good luck on whatever you decide hon . On e again well done!

i do think Kira's post has a raelly good point. From my experience on LT - you probably know as ive tlked about it before, but because of my inlaws side of th family ther have been a number of occasions i have 'had to eat'. Now as much as I didnt want to adn im not going to get into this too much, as this was a very difficult thing for me to do- eat when not wanting to! but thats life! Well doesnt seem to make sense, this post!1 well what im trying to say is I stuck to proteins - meat, and green salad, not even the veg! and i ate vry slowly, but no bread, carbs, derserts etc etc, and my lossses ahve been pretty decen. if its just a one off, and you know you will deffo go back 100% next day it should be fine, iknow people will disagree with me but thats my opinon, I just think somethimg like slimming world/WW would just be too slow a weight loss for me now that ive been on LT. And I also found that previosuly when I was on WW/calorie counting, the closer you get to goal the harder it is to lose weigh and it lows down and even plateaus. That is why I really want to get to my goal with LT as I know I wil lose something every week with the science of it, even it does get a bi slower towards the end.

well hope we've all helped you in someway but at the end of the day its your decsion adn u need to be happy with what u see in the mirror, not others
xxx

Thanks for your help guys appreciated I know I want to stick with lipotrim I'm just feeling sorry for myself and a bit bored of the shakes. Friends and family nagging at me don't help. Chemist told me I'd hit a brick wall on day 4 which I didn't its took me 150 days to hit it lol I will be strong and get over it this is my first obstacle I've had to get over since starting lipotrim.

Morning ladies! Goose has put that spot on! If you take a break don't see is has taking break! Eat sensibly avoid carbs if you can and even if you do just be mindful of what you are eating. If you prepare yourself mentally for what you will eat and what you are not prepared to eat or drink then the next day you will get straight back onto to vlcd. I have to admit I have actually had two weekends in London where I chose to eat and I enjoyed the food avoided carbs and got no grief from friends. However, I did prepare myself mentally to enable me to stop continuing eating and get back to vlcd. I treated the "break" not as a break but a part of my daily allowance for that day. I stopped using the break as an excue to return to old habits! That makeks more sense thtan my post last night! Sorry about typos! Have a fab day and you have plenty of time to decide! x

Back