*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

Bye bye temporary 1lb - Emmy's getting rid of you next week. And more of your little friends too!!! ;-)

Great plan and attitude :bighug:

Better get back to work but wanted to see how you did x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hun, feeling a bit miffed with Chris because if he hadn't behaved like an idiot I probably wouldn't have this extra 1lb :8855:

Just a super quick post, I put on this morning :(

+ 1lb from last monday's weigh in

It shouldn't be with me for long as I'm planning on having a 100% week, no slip ups :cross:

It'll be gone in no time, and lots more I imagine! Stay strong this week, hun! :)

Norty Chris :( :(

lovely that 1lb is small, it will be gone next week, some people put on a 1lb for no reason occassionally so please don't let it get you down or ruin all that hard work will you? :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxx

It's not getting me down, it's made me quite determined to be rid of it this time next week :D

I'm drinking a lot today and finding that I'm not actually hungry, so I don't know whether to have lunch or not :confused:

Have tidied up the front room this morning, making plans for our back garden to make it child friendly.

As we have this wall

56c8f3dd.jpg

And these steps

86020263.jpg

And when my cousin's toddler was in the garden last year I just couldn't relax whatsoever. So I'm going to get Chris to get in touch with the landlord and ask if we can put a fence up and a gate at the top of the steps :)

Hi Em,

Great to hear you sound a bit better. 1lb isn't a lot. I'm sure you'll have no problem at all losing that. I know it's difficult to change life-long habits but that's what we do on diets isn't it? Instead of reaching for the comfort food next time you're down, why not get out and go for a fast walk or something? If you get your heart pumping and release some endorphins, they'll give you a totally natural 'pick-me-up'. I started doing that a few years back instead of comfort eating. I think it works better and is completely guilt free.

Good luck with the garden. I've just built a new house and need to put up some sort of retaining wall similar to what you have there. That's the joys of living on a sloping site. It hadn't even occurred to me to put up some kind of fence but since I have a 4 year old you've definitely given me something to think about. Thanks for that!! X

Hi Em,

Great to hear you sound a bit better. 1lb isn't a lot. I'm sure you'll have no problem at all losing that. I know it's difficult to change life-long habits but that's what we do on diets isn't it? Instead of reaching for the comfort food next time you're down, why not get out and go for a fast walk or something? If you get your heart pumping and release some endorphins, they'll give you a totally natural 'pick-me-up'. I started doing that a few years back instead of comfort eating. I think it works better and is completely guilt free.

Good luck with the garden. I've just built a new house and need to put up some sort of retaining wall similar to what you have there. That's the joys of living on a sloping site. It hadn't even occurred to me to put up some kind of fence but since I have a 4 year old you've definitely given me something to think about. Thanks for that!! X

I'd definitely recommend the fence for your own peace of mind. I know a 4 year old is way more stable than a toddler, but it was so scary espescially when she got into a run towards the wall :eek:

Sorry about your gain hun, you'll have that 1lb off in no time :) I love that you're not dwelling on it and being positive as per usual. Good on you :) xx

Sorry about your gain, but its only a pound and will be gone next week along with a few others :D xx

Agree with everyone else. That 1lb will be off in no time!

Had a 100% day today :D Drank loads as well so am feeling hopeful next week already :)

Have been so busy tidying up today and hardly had chance to get online. I plan on catching up with journals tomorrow morning

Just a quick food plan for tomorrow

Brekkie - muller light, grapes, fibre plus bar (hexb)
Lunch - cheese, ham and mushroom omlette (hexa)
Snack - banana, strawberries
Dinner - fish, chips and mushy peas spread ( followed by pot of pineapple
Snack - velvet crunch (4 syns), low fat yoghurt with options sachet (2 syns)
Total planned syns (6) though I am thinking of having a slice of bread with dinner so I can have a chip buttie :D

EmmyR1984 said:
Had a 100% day today :D Drank loads as well so am feeling hopeful next week already :)

Have been so busy tidying up today and hardly had chance to get online. I plan on catching up with journals tomorrow morning

Just a quick food plan for tomorrow

Brekkie - muller light, grapes, fibre plus bar (hexb)
Lunch - cheese, ham and mushroom omlette (hexa)
Snack - banana, strawberries
Dinner - fish, chips and mushy peas spread ( followed by pot of pineapple
Snack - velvet crunch (4 syns), low fat yoghurt with options sachet (2 syns)
Total planned syns (6) though I am thinking of having a slice of bread with dinner so I can have a chip buttie :D

Oooh chip buttie - my dad used to make them all the time when I was a kid!!!

Foods looking great hun, here's to a big loss for you this week :) xx

Oooh oooh chip butties all round nom nom , lol
Have a great day Emma , in going to try nat yog wiv options in sounds well nice x

I've really been neglecting this place lately :(

Things have just been so hectic and Chris and I have been talking through things alot. I know this isn't a ttc forum, but in a way the decision we made affects slimming world.

We've decided that rather than waiting for me to lose weight before we start ttc, we're actually just going to go for it. I've spent £30 :eek: on supplements etc to help with my cycle and we've decided that if we're lucky enough for it to happen before the wedding, then we'll scale back some of our plans.

So I have made a decision to be really focused and try and lose as much weight as possible to try and help things along.

I changed lunch slightly today and rather than putting ham in the omlette I put smoked bacon in and I really wasn't keen, so don't think I'll be doing that again in a hurry :8855:

Hope everyone is ok :bighug:

Great that you've talked through things and that you're motivated.

That's brilliant em, that was o e of my kicks to lose weight , it hasn't happened yet but it may one day, but think of all the body magic lol :) :) :)

Back