Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Im a teacher too, and feel the same way about everything you have said!!!!! Love my boobs, hate the rest!! am 5'5'' and my CDC put me on 3 a day. But said I could have tea with a splash of milk and some chicken if I was desperate, which looking on here is a bit weird. I havent done that this time round because once I eat it is IMPOSSIBLE to go back to SS. No breaks or cheating this time!!

Tesco do 6 packs of water for about £1.40 so I have them in the fridge! Cold and they dont taste rank.

Its really difficult with food still in the house- I rent a room and my house mates are both bigger then I am and "doing" slimming world but there is always crap in the house and its a real temptation.

My day 3 is today, how was yours? I know you're way beyond that now. Am curious!

How have you found the other flavours?

Im a teacher too, and feel the same way about everything you have said!!!!! Love my boobs, hate the rest!! am 5'5'' and my CDC put me on 3 a day. But said I could have tea with a splash of milk and some chicken if I was desperate, which looking on here is a bit weird. I havent done that this time round because once I eat it is IMPOSSIBLE to go back to SS. No breaks or cheating this time!!

Tesco do 6 packs of water for about £1.40 so I have them in the fridge! Cold and they dont taste rank.

Its really difficult with food still in the house- I rent a room and my house mates are both bigger then I am and "doing" slimming world but there is always crap in the house and its a real temptation.

My day 3 is today, how was yours? I know you're way beyond that now. Am curious!

How have you found the other flavours?
Day three wasn't so hard for me. Tbh i rather luckily bypassed the hunger thing - i dot a bit under the weather day5-6, and i felt a bit weak for the first week and a half.

HOWEVER - the last few days I have been absolutely starving. Right now I could eat a scabby horse - two scabby horses! And this is day 41ish

I'm marking it down to stress. Our sadistic head reckons we'll be ofsteded this term, so she sprung on us on thursday that she's invited e-qualitas in to do a full voluntary ofsted inspection on monday and tuesday of next week. That is... the second week of term. And while it doesn't count as such, in a HoD way, if anything is flagged up about my dept I know I won't have a moment's peace til ofsted do come. Grr.

So stress -> cortisol (thanks Sarah) -> massive hunger. I know i can have a fourth pack if i'm desparate, but after last week's pitiful loss, when i was 100%, I don't want to make it even worse by stopping SS... :(

oh thanks for sharing Spangles ;) I'm a bit of a researcher too I need to get everything under control, and knowing it perfectly before I start. But for a weird reason it did not happen to me for Cambridge. I don't know anything about ketosis, mainly because perhaps I don't quite believe in this pseudo scientific talk. Maybe I should seek a good explanation from you ;)

Anyway in my search of "I need to know everything" about a given subject I concentrated more on "how to keep dieting for more than 2 days ;)). That took me some time researching ;)
Good luck on your diet, keep strong and going !

Oh crap on the ofsted thing. I have been party to 3 over the last 3 years the most recent being in april, where I last fell off the band wagon. Stress is a massive factor. Teaching stressful- especially for me as a cover/supply/maternity cover and worrying about finances etc etc. I figure that I'll deal with what i CAN control and worry about the rest because I have no control over it!

How do you deal with the drinking/needing to pee ALL the time!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh crap on the ofsted thing. I have been party to 3 over the last 3 years the most recent being in april, where I last fell off the band wagon. Stress is a massive factor. Teaching stressful- especially for me as a cover/supply/maternity cover and worrying about finances etc etc. I figure that I'll deal with what i CAN control and worry about the rest because I have no control over it!
hmm - no chance she won't come back? I used to do supply, and had a 2 term job extended to a year and a term before she decided she definitely wasn't coming back.

what do you teach?

How do you deal with the drinking/needing to pee ALL the time!!!!!!!!!!!
it gets better. I can't go to the loo at work unless it's break time (and sometimes not even then). you'd be amazed at how long you can learn to hold it in!

hmm - no chance she won't come back? I used to do supply, and had a 2 term job extended to a year and a term before she decided she definitely wasn't coming back.

what do you teach?

Im a science teacher, In the last year and a bit I've done 3 maternity posts (one number 3 now) and they've all bloody come back! How rude!!! LOL! What annoys is most of the schools I've worked in have promised a more permanent and it never materialises for financial reasons apparently!!

Am desperate to get a house, get married, have kids, buy a car that doesnt explode every 2 seconds you know the usual.....but its not going to happen until someone gives me a chance!!!!!!!!

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!!! xxxxx :p

it gets better. I can't go to the loo at work unless it's break time (and sometimes not even then). you'd be amazed at how long you can learn to hold it in!

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am in the same boat!.....actually, dont talk about boats!!!!

Im a science teacher, In the last year and a bit I've done 3 maternity posts (one number 3 now) and they've all bloody come back! How rude!!! LOL! What annoys is most of the schools I've worked in have promised a more permanent and it never materialises for financial reasons apparently!!

Am desperate to get a house, get married, have kids, buy a car that doesnt explode every 2 seconds you know the usual.....but its not going to happen until someone gives me a chance!!!!!!!!

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!!! xxxxx :p
ah, that sucks. Just keep plugging away at the TES, I guess. I don't know Basingstoke, but something will turn up.

Much as I hate my school, the dread of applying for jobs puts me off leaving. (And this hope that I will eventually get knocked up, so I need the continuity of tenure to get my full maternity pay).

LOL! Precisely my issue! No babies til the weights gone and I have been somewhere for a year for maternity pay to make life easier!!!!

Hey spangles,
Love your thread. You look as though you are doing so well. This is my second attempt at cambridge, my excuse seems so feeble compares with fertility.
Best of luck hunny.x x

Warning - REALLY long post: feel free to whizz past.

Right, so among all the sad and scary thoughts about the 11 september 2001, it's made me think about where i was ten years ago (aged 27), and what's happened to my eating and my body since.

In early february 2001, i was - well... I was suicidally depressed. I won't dwell on that, but coming out of it I was finally able to apply for acting schools (the bleakness of clinical depression had made anything other than sitting on the sofa staring at the wall, too hard) and I got a place fairly quickly.

And it was like that flicked a switch in my head. I suddenly had the mental energy to do other things, like get some work, sell my flat and lose weight. I'd guess at that point I was a size 20? I did slimfast and it worked really well for me, and by the summer I was 12 stone (which is only a few pounds more than I have to be for this diet, and tbh is as thin as i'd ever want to be). I went on a long holiday staying with friends in america: NYC, Baltimore, Los Angeles and Austin TX. I looked like this:
bexchaz2.jpg

I returned from holiday in September, about 12.5 stone, and went to acting school for a year. During that time someone knocked me off my Vespa and I had a badly broken ankle... and I began to regain weight - partly because I was older than all the other girls at my school, and they were slimmer. By the end of that year, I don't know what I weighed, but it was probably about 14 stone. I was a size eighteen.

The next autumn I had dieted and cycled down to 12.5 stone (sz16) again, was getting acting work and I met a man. We moved in together within six weeks. Now - he wasn't god's gift to relationships. He was odd. But I was 28 and I'd never had a serious relationship (I was a bit 'flighty') and I guess I thought it was time.

I went on tour playing Lady Macbeth for three months, and stayed in a lot of cheap B&Bs, eating crap from service stations. By the end of the tour I weighed about 14.5 stone. And then the work dried up, and all I had left was this really awful relationship. So i turned to food. every day when my partner went to work i'd go over the road to the tesco metro and spend 40,50, 60 quid on food, which i'd then force feed myself til i was crying in pain - then i'd wait for the pain to back down a little and i'd carry on. Rinse and repeat, for hours. It didn't start like that. It started with little treats and hiding the wrappers, but it quickly became a ritual and i bought more and more every day. I know I was 15 stone in may, and by the end of summer I was 17.5. I looked like this:
stupidcartart.jpg

I got some psych help and the forcefeeding stopped, but the I was still unhappy and my weight crept up ever so slowly. I'd been on the dole all this time, and my food habit, plus paying half the (London) rent and bills, and holidays etc meant i was hugely in debt. By Xmas it was about £19,000. I'd had no debt at all in april of that year.

Just before xmas we split up. It was like I woke up one morning and the scales fell from my eyes. I was nearly 30. What was i doing with this bizzare man? what had i done to my body?

Eventually I moved into a studio flat, found some supply teaching and joined a Brixton-based web forum with some good links to the club scene, and I met loads and loads of amazing friends and the man who is now my husband. That website transformed my life - no question. But the eating was not transformed. I did a lot of work at stabilising my attitude to food, but I was still huge, and slowly getting bigger, and every time I tried to diet I went into a tailspin, worse each time, of abusing food, and food rituals, and force feeding. In the end my GP told me to stop dieting.

I had one period of weightloss about five years ago, and I guess I got to about 16.5 stone? A size 20, anyway. My doctor put me on fluoxetine (prozac) and it killed my appetite for a while. Then I stopped because it was messing with my libido! I tried again a couple of years later but it didn't really work, and anyway, it blunts your feelings - no lows, but no real highs either. I stopped taking it when my dad was dying. At a time like that, you want to feel things properly.

So in the last ten years I've only gained 7 stone... but if you count the weight I lost in 2006, I've gained 3 stone in the last 5 years - and I was really facing a lifetime of it. I was relatively happy with how I looked. My husband loves me and in south london a bigger girl will always be chatted up wherever she goes... But then infertility reared it's head.

I find thinking about being slim quite hard. I was slim until I was about 22, and then briefly "slim-enough" ten years ago. But for so long i've battled to make peace with myself at this weight. I didn't even try to lose weight for my wedding two years ago. I just can't imagine what the next ten years will do for me, foodwise. bodywise. I think i'm quite scared by it.

My wedding (Size 22):
10837_235469153974_652123974_4264362_8293995_n.jpg

Queen Lizard said:
Hey spangles,
Love your thread. You look as though you are doing so well. This is my second attempt at cambridge, my excuse seems so feeble compares with fertility.
Best of luck hunny.x x

Thanks love. I think people's reasons are only important inasmuch as they feed their determination. Some very determined posters have done it for their looks. And done it really well.

Illa said:
thanks for sharing Spangles ! you look wonderful in all the pictures.

Thanks! Apart from the wedding, they all seem so long ago...

Good luck with your CD journey spangles, your wedding picture looks lovely.

Spangles. I am sending a lot of love your way. x

Thanks ladies

Today has been a BRA NIGHTMARE. The bra I put on today is a 36K, but it was riding up at the back, as well as for some reason being a bit SMALL (????!!!) in the cup.

So - bra diagnostics would suggest that I need to go down to a 34 back - which is fine. But even if the cup fitted me properly, that would mean I'd need a 34KK (34KK= same cup size as 36K). If i actually need a bigger cup, It's going to be a 34L. mmmn. stupid boobs. not impressed.

I suspect, actually that this one bra is a bit odd fitting, cos it's not something i noticed til today. *sigh* will have to get m'self to Bravissimo at the weekend. Which would be fine, but i don't know how long i'll be at the next size.

What's the smallest number of bras a person needs, do you think?

Also making me grumpy (apart from my hellish job) is that it looks like it'll be another small loss tomorrow. 2lb, most likely. All week i feel like i've been saying to people on here that that's fine and normal... it's just every week longer this diet takes me, is a week older i'll be when i have IVF. and so less likely to have it succeed.

hmmm.

Back