Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Spangles hugs your doing fine I was a 38G ood god woman and when down to a E then a 36 DD was my final count. You can and will do this and your family will wait until you are healthy enough to do what is needed. You can do this diet, we can all see it's not just for you, it's for your family sending all my love you will get there in the end xxx

Right. Well. Another pound. Am fed up, tbh. I believe I'm on the right track, but as I've said elsewhere - my CDC is now saying that if I have another bad week (bad as in losses. I've been perfect on SS) she wants me to go to SS+. And I just know that if I do, that'll be it. Game over.

I'm finding it easy. I don't want more calories. I don't want to think about food. I just want to stay on SS until I have to do week 13, and then get right back on it.

Obviously, I'd rather lose more weight, but I can't find any proper science to back up what she's saying. I feel like I've done something wrong and I feel under so much pressure to have a proper loss next week. I already have a job that makes me sick with anxiety. I don't need 'having to please my CDC' stressfulness too.

Have you tried Atkins?

Hon keep your chin up it'll be ok-at least you didn't make the catastrophic mistake I did!!! maybe up your exercise to something more cardiovascular? How many weeks have you had low losses? Xx

If you have been 100% good your CDC is doing this to give your metabolism a kick, meaning one week of adding a meal will = no/ little loss then the week after on SS will be like your first ever week on Cambridge. Unfortunately diet/ weight loss is a strange science your CDC is wanting to convince your body it's not starving so start letting go. Hope that makes sense I know it's tough to think eating will help but it will xx

Thing is, if I have to eat food now, I will lose control. I can't do atkins and I can't eat in moderation. I've tried both. I have an eating disorder - my brain can't cope with it. I can do 'normal', I can do 'binge' and I can do 'SS'.

It may kick start my metabolism ( what's the actual science there? Anyone know?) but equally, if I stay on SS I will lose weight. People in famine regions don't need their metabolism kickstarted: they eat very little and they get horribly, dangerously thin.

I'm so close to giving up. And that means giving up on being a mum. Why does my body not work like everyone else's? I read scores of diaries and no one else had to kickstart their metabolism. So, so upset. I just want to be allowed to get on with it.

NOT TO BE BLUNT but you CDC thinks your body is in starvation mode she/ he is doing her/his best to help you, sarcasm about "science" will not help you listening to someone and not stamping your foot will

It wasn't sarcasm at all. I genuinely want to know. I would want to know if a doctor had said it too.

Also completely straight and unsarcastic: I feel really hurt that you're dismissing my upset here as footstamping. I've been really honest on this thread about my mental health issues, my eating disorder, my personal need to understand the science behind stuff before I can do it. If, having read all that, or having chosen not to (which is fine, it's fairly long) you think the best thing to do when you read that I'm upset is to write what you did, then I wonder what you wanted to achieve. It was hardly supportive. If you didn't like what I was posting, then surely the spirit of minimins would be best served by saying nothing and leaving the thread alone.

My CDC may well be right. I like her a lot and she's an intelligent woman. But because it doesn't make sense, and because I'm not prepared to take what people tell me as right if it doesn't make sense, then surely it's ok to question her. For the record she also says you can drink all diet drinks and today recommended aqua ban to me. And because I didn't take her at face value, I found out were both wrong. So all I'm asking is, what if she's also wrong about this?

Also I think in your diary, saying what you think and feel is completely justified.

Spangles. If you don't understand the science then ask. You did!! And hopefully we've been able to cobble together enough for you to make a choice. Surely this is something your CDC should have been more supportive with. My CDC is just scatty some I'm lucky I get the info on here an then ask her or prompt her.

As for blunt......well.

One pound at a time Spangles. The most important part is the losing....You'll manage very well.

You seem to feeling well and wanting to stay on SS so do it. Your consultant is what she says in her title : a consultant. The final decision belongs to you. I totally understand what you are saying about food. In CD diet here, I'm supposed to go back to food every 3 weeks. Have proper meals with vegetables and proteins. I never did it. Never. And I won't yet. I don't feel doing it, no matter what CD says. But I decided no to tell my consultant right away, I just did not want to discuss this, point. We need to find our own ways, we are the only ones to know ourselves. So don't want to go on SS+ ? well don't go then. And stop pressuring yourself, trust your body. Good luck ;)

Thanks ladies of the early morning. I feel better having slept on it, and Illa, I'd decided to do exactly as you say (unless and until i find out that it is the wrong thing). If she insists on my SS+ing, I will say I am doing just that.

Shame I don't feel i can be honest with her, though.

The way your response was edited did read to me as sarcastic, and I apologise if my response upset you that was not my intention.
I don't know if you have read my diary but I am qualified in health, fitness and nutrition (yes I know how did I get fat then lol) I gave all of it up to take a desk job and get ready for a family.
I don't know how long you have been doing Cambridge? But on the MRF you filled out before you started it asked if you have any eating disorders, if you have you are contraindicated and would not be allowed to start the diet in the first place (sorry). Aqua ban is a big no on Cambridge, lots of people think the more you drink the more you lose it won't work like that. Drink only your 2.25lt and your shakes and your body will be pulled back in to line. Your CDC should have explained that adding a meal week anywhere upto a maximum of 12 weeks on SS, you should have also been told to start the add a meal week at your second low loss week (Cambridge did recommend at one time to do this even 4th week regardless)
Diet drink/zero are still an unknown with CHQ and they are still looking in to the effect on them on the diet (personally I would not like to be the guinnepig and want the weight of as fast as possible) so until they can say to me yes you can have them, I won't drink them. At the moment the ruling is only one 500ml bottle. Same with chewing sugar free gum this is also not allowed.
As I said before weight loss has a science but it is not exact as everyone body is different. So with saying I don't want to add food, what you are doing at the moment is not working so why not alter it, you don't have anything to lose other then weight.
If you don't like this response I am sorry, but I don't think me posting saying "1lb is great stick with it or your fine keep going" will help you in the long run. X

I myself know I need to ss for as long as possible!! You know your body you know your history and if no one explains the science behind it then it will be an issue!! I don't think my CDC would know the science. She just know what works and what to suggest in terms of if something goes wrong. It's rare that she regurgitates the science. 1lb a week is still excellent and we all know that sometimes with cd there are weeks where loss isn't as much as you'd expect! If I eat, then that's it! End of diet which I why I was so worried yesterday!!!! Make your choice and stick to it!!! You can do it :) x x

The way your response was edited did read to me as sarcastic, and I apologise if my response upset you that was not my intention.
I don't know if you have read my diary but I am qualified in health, fitness and nutrition (yes I know how did I get fat then lol) I gave all of it up to take a desk job and get ready for a family.
I don't know how long you have been doing Cambridge? But on the MRF you filled out before you started it asked if you have any eating disorders, if you have you are contraindicated and would not be allowed to start the diet in the first place (sorry). Aqua ban is a big no on Cambridge, lots of people think the more you drink the more you lose it won't work like that. Drink only your 2.25lt and your shakes and your body will be pulled back in to line. Your CDC should have explained that adding a meal week anywhere upto a maximum of 12 weeks on SS, you should have also been told to start the add a meal week at your second low loss week (Cambridge did recommend at one time to do this even 4th week regardless)
Diet drink/zero are still an unknown with CHQ and they are still looking in to the effect on them on the diet (personally I would not like to be the guinnepig and want the weight of as fast as possible) so until they can say to me yes you can have them, I won't drink them. At the moment the ruling is only one 500ml bottle. Same with chewing sugar free gum this is also not allowed.
As I said before weight loss has a science but it is not exact as everyone body is different. So with saying I don't want to add food, what you are doing at the moment is not working so why not alter it, you don't have anything to lose other then weight.
If you don't like this response I am sorry, but I don't think me posting saying "1lb is great stick with it or your fine keep going" will help you in the long run. X
Thanks for that. The things about aquaban and diet drinks, I know - I was using them as examples of why I can't always take my consultant's word for it. Regarding my eating disorder, I did not declare it, it's true - but i did discuss it at length with my doctor. We agreed that if it caused any binging behaviour i would come off it straight away. So far it's been the diet most successful in preventing binges than i've ever been on - but i take full responsibility for my own decisions about that.

It's interesting about the water intake. I am thirsty a lot, though, and i've noticed my lips are really dry. I don't drink scads (between 2 and a bit and 3 and a half litres a day) and i had thought i need to drink more, but maybe not. Before CD i would easily drink a couple of litres of soft drink a day anyway. I'm a thirsty person.

I just wrote another answer on your other thread ;) Well it's not that I'm advising not to tell your CDC, you could also be assertive and tell her. I'm just telling you how I at some point in my relationship with my CDC had decided not to tell him. But as we know each other better today I certainly would (he's leaving unfortunately;)). It's all a matter of timing ;)
Yeah - don't worry, i'd arrived at the decision before i saw what you'd posted.

But it's not a final decision. I didn't know that it was official CWP policy after two weeks of low losses. Maybe I could do the SS+ option of four products, rather than food... but i'll see how this week goes.

If it the thought of adding food that is the issue then try 4 shakes and see what happens. With regards to "science" and starvation I could explain it but it would be a VERY long post and I can't manage it on an iPhone lol if you have a specific question I can try to keep an answer short x

If it the thought of adding food that is the issue then try 4 shakes and see what happens. With regards to "science" and starvation I could explain it but it would be a VERY long post and I can't manage it on an iPhone lol if you have a specific question I can try to keep an answer short x
well - i suppose what i really don't understand is how, beyond the short term of a few weeks, the body can burn more calories than it is given (as it must, on a vlcd) and that not generate a significant weight loss.

I understand that putting the body into dietary shock might cause water retention in the shorter term, and i'd guess that's what happening to me now - but the body must be using something for fuel. Baseline calorie expenditure - even if you are in a coma, just the calories you need to keep your organs functioning - is around 1200 kcals per day. On a vlcd, the body must be getting the 700 cal deficit from somewhere, and even if it's digesting muscle or intenal organs in preference to fat :)eek:), it must become part of the energy equation, and weightloss must happen eventually. Or am I wrong?:confused:

You are right there is a deficit but your body knows your doing this reduction in calories as it had as much as it liked before so. What is happening is you body has used as much of your stored fat as it is happy with and now is saying no more.
Your basic body functions are being taken care of by CD and what use to be your larger stomach organ This is why if you do eat you will feel full sooner and why your CDC like to take a waist measurement.
Your body is adjusting and using less calories in it's BMR in a hope this reduction is short. You may be going to the toilet for a pee as you are drinking loads but your intestines are in a go slow as it wants to get as much out of these calories as it can and your solid waste production is minimal if anything some days. Adding another shake on SS+ will tell your body food is available again and is safe to speed back up and will be happy to start shedding fat stores again.

The long and short of it is your body is now using less calories and is not producing much if any waste (this waste could if you are lucky enough to still be going be very watery)

Think that's enough about poo at dinner time lol
X

Oh and yes weight loss will restart eventually but could still only be minimal and will take longer then just increasing your cals for a week
X

You are right there is a deficit but your body knows your doing this reduction in calories as it had as much as it liked before so. What is happening is you body has used as much of your stored fat as it is happy with and now is saying no more.
Your basic body functions are being taken care of by CD and what use to be your larger stomach organ This is why if you do eat you will feel full sooner and why your CDC like to take a waist measurement.
Your body is adjusting and using less calories in it's BMR in a hope this reduction is short. You may be going to the toilet for a pee as you are drinking loads but your intestines are in a go slow as it wants to get as much out of these calories as it can and your solid waste production is minimal if anything some days. Adding another shake on SS+ will tell your body food is available again and is safe to speed back up and will be happy to start shedding fat stores again.

The long and short of it is your body is now using less calories and is not producing much if any waste (this waste could if you are lucky enough to still be going be very watery)

Think that's enough about poo at dinner time lol
X

Oh and yes weight loss will restart eventually but could still only be minimal and will take longer then just increasing your cals for a week
X
Thanks - between that and a post on my 'low losses' thread, i think I am beginning to understand. If I don't have a decent loss this week, I will move to 4 packs (plus milk - blech - but i suppose i can hide it in milkshake).

Back