Deflating the Bouncy Castle

arsebiscuits.

morning break starts, I go to my cupboard to get my bar as is my custom. First day of my period so really looking forward to a lovely chocolatey malt toffee. But no! I've left my bag with this week's supplies at home. Fortunately (especially as it's open evening and i'm here til seven) I have a couple of emergency tetras in the fridge and also a tomato soup in my desk drawer if it comes to it... but son of a melonfarmer, talk about bad timing. :rolleyes:

Lol son of a melonfarmer! Never heard that before!!!!!

Ha ha, made me laugh too, along with Enormoboobs!

;) I aim to please (I've never posted anywhere before where I can't swear properly. Although that doesn't explain the enormoboobs. But then, what does? I blame my mother...)

Right - today's minor winge is cramp in my upper arms. I had a splitting headache last night too. So - despite having three (uncooked) packs yesterday, and every day, could I be deficient in something? Perhaps something that's depleted because of the Period of Doom?

Come on, Tara-stara-rah-rah - you're the biology expert...

Yeah, lol!! Erm, iron supplement are a good idea, vit b supplements and maybe something to balance the hormones? Sadly, I suspect more water too!!!!!!! Or a day off..........

Stara rah rah xxx

thanks pickle. xx

It's magnesiumy!!!!

The cramps, thats what kicks them off, and the raging PMS cravings :) get some magnesium OK.

I've never heard of that!!!! X

It is true about the magnesium, it's that and postasium that make us get crampy, thats why magnesium is recomended for PMS!

I now take magnesium, vitamin B, Calcium, zinc and EFA's by the bucket full. They help a LOT, especially with cravings and the mood swings. That said tonight you could peel me off the ceeling!

I take agnus castus. Does the job for me with hormone balancing!!!

I took agnus cactus when I had PCOS, guess what - it went TOTALLY within 6 months, I think it was that and CD the first time round that got me knocked up with the nipper!

so, have finally caught the cold that everyone has had at work. slept most of saturday, so felt human enough to go out with my husband last night. He was really keen for me to go because he's been going out on his own since i started this thing. Think people were beginning to think he'd buried me in the back yard.

so - my first proper big night out and no booze. Not going to lie, it was the hardest part of the whole diet so far. I wasn't tempted, but i missed being drunk. We went on to a noisy late-hours place, and then to someone's house for an after party. Came home at eightish this morning. I feel quite proud of myself, but there's no way i had as much fun as i would have otherwise done.

Plus I have barely been able to sleep because i'm overtired and i'm so congested i can barely breathe. I'm just laying here, blearily breathing through my mouth. knackered but not really sleepy.

anyway, i didn't have any booze, but i did get given a can of coke zero. I had about a third of it. It tasted too sweet in my gummed-up, cold-congested mouth, and i felt all jittery from the caffeine. First thing i've drunk in 8 and a half weeks that wasn't water and i didn't enjoy it.

so that's that question answered.

weigh in today - 2.75 lbs. not in itself impressive (nor disasterous), but it brings me to the magical 2 and a half stone mark.

I want to have lost three stone by the tuesday of half term - which gives me 3 more weigh-ins, which should be fine. I'm giving myself a treat for each stone I lose, but I've deferred the last one so that i can have double value treat when I get to three stone. For my first stone I was planning to buy a flash handbag, but i didn't see any i really liked for my budget (the £150 mark), so I bought some Vivienne Westwood earrings instead.

So this time I will have £200 to £250? £260? budget, so I can look again at handbags... or I could buy an Hermes scarf, or I could have two things... am going to hit selfridges at half term and feel like a rich person. :D :eek:

It is extravagent, I know. But We don't have kids and we didn't have a holiday this year - you have to spend your money on *something*, right? And I earned it - both literally, cos I work like stink, and morally, through this being day 64 on the diet and not a single cheat or break so far.

sort of speaking of which, i'm becoming increasingly obsessed with the looming 810 week. i feel the need to micromanage the whole thing. I might start planning actual meals and shopping lists tonight, and it isn't for another 3 weeks and two days.

I'm in awe of you for going for a full night out and not touching a drop of alcohol and sticking there all the way through! I was supposed to go out for a friend's birthday last Saturday but just the thought of being around people drinking made me miserable, and in the end I ducked out :( So HUGE congrats to you for that!

And yep, you definitely deserve a big treat :) Can't wait to hear what you decide on.

Oooh spangles! I'll come to selfridges with you to help you buy a treat! I LOVE selfridges :)

Congratulations on your loss this week x

I too do love Selfridges, haven't been there for what ? 10 years ! OH MY.

So if I were you I would splurge into a Lancel BB bag, my dream bag although I would think that's over budget. I like the last Guess collection, and you could buy two ;) Don't buy an Hermes scarf however as you'll get bored of it pretty quickly. It's a little "Granny like" too I guess. But I hope you'll find something really nice ! and we want to see pics !

I've only just started CD, have my first WI tomorrow & I have just spent absolutely ages reading every post on this thread. I'm in awe!!!

You have done so fantastically well!!

Your photo's are amazing - I couldn't believe the difference for such a short time!!

Thank you for the inspiration - keep going & keep writing - you have a new faithful fan!!

thank you, kitten! what a lovely thing to say.

you know, of course, that in a few short weeks you'll be inspiring other people - so get that diary started!

Back