Deflating the Bouncy Castle

ahh - no pictures. home from work now and look like hedge-backwards woman.

but lalalalaaaa! 4.75lbs

which makes 2 stone in seven weeks. which is fine. fine, fine, fine. :D

doing a happy dance, now.

Yay!!!!

yay indeed. i'm now a quarter of the way there. will do some comparison photos at the weekend.

Brilliant news spangles! X

Okaaaay. i usually have my first pack - a bar - split between morning break and lunch.

it's 9am and it's all gone. just could NOT stop at a couple of bites. Hmm... that's a bit bingey, no? I mean - obv in real terms it was only 170-whatever calories, so hardly counts as a binge... but the eating-on-autopilot, just cos it's there thing isn't great.

will have to keep an extra close eye on things today, especially since i'll prolly need to have my 4pm shake earlier. I'm not at risk of coming off plan, i think - but more likely to have eaten three or four producets by hometime and be starvin marvin all evening.

In other news - hunger def is related to work stress (due to cortisol)... but also, when things went pressure-cooker at work for a fortnight, my weightloss almost dried up. when it eased off a bit, back came the weightloss. Causation or just correlation? I can see why, from an evolutionary perspective it would make sense to conserve energy stores at a time of stress (that's why i sleep about 15hrs / 24 when work is vile)... so i wonder if that's what's happened.

I know what you mean about SS+ as for me it helps not to have to think about actual food, that's the bit of CD that works best for me as my brain feels better ( silly but true!)
But the one week I did SS+ I lost 3lb and the next week of SS I lost 10lb.

To get through SS+ I made a big pot of Quorn chilli and portioned it up and had it every night, that way I still didn't have to think about food.

Don't know if this might work for you?

I know what you mean about SS+ as for me it helps not to have to think about actual food, that's the bit of CD that works best for me as my brain feels better ( silly but true!)
But the one week I did SS+ I lost 3lb and the next week of SS I lost 10lb.

To get through SS+ I made a big pot of Quorn chilli and portioned it up and had it every night, that way I still didn't have to think about food.

Don't know if this might work for you?
heh - batch cooking has always been one of my embarrassments...:eek: I would make a few portions of bolognaise and then stand at the stove, eating it all until there was none left!

spangles said:
heh - batch cooking has always been one of my embarrassments...:eek: I would make a few portions of bolognaise and then stand at the stove, eating it all until there was none left!

Lol that's what the feeezers for!!!!

cant imagine frozen bolognaise is all that nice!!!!!!

wow spangles, you are doing so well chick, just catching up. I have been a bit off it for the last few weeks but I am back now (really this time :))

2 stone in 7 weeks is FAB...I know exactly what you mean about cortisol, you know what else, I did a whole heap of reaserch into that last time, I lost 4.5 stone and one of the main factors in my weight loss/gain/loss cycle is that bloody cortisol, not to mention one of the biggest causative factors of infertility and PCOS. Manage the stress baby and all else will follow...now where did I put the leaf from that book I just read...hmmm? :)

wow spangles, you are doing so well chick, just catching up. I have been a bit off it for the last few weeks but I am back now (really this time :))

2 stone in 7 weeks is FAB...I know exactly what you mean about cortisol, you know what else, I did a whole heap of reaserch into that last time, I lost 4.5 stone and one of the main factors in my weight loss/gain/loss cycle is that bloody cortisol, not to mention one of the biggest causative factors of infertility and PCOS. Manage the stress baby and all else will follow...now where did I put the leaf from that book I just read...hmmm? :)
hahahaha - quite! (WB, by the way - good to see ya).

Teaching isn't a breeze anyway, but I work in an academy - and these are notorious for huge staff turnover, rock bottom morale etc. Yes, you *can* take below average ability children at 11 and turn them into the top 15% by 16, but it's at the expense of teacher wellbeing. I've averaged something like 70 hour weeks since i've been back. A couple of weeks ago I got up at 6am saturday and sunday, and worked through till bedtime. Ugh.

And then our head is evil and snipey and calls heads of dept in for nasty meetings at a moment's notice and tears strips off them. It's completely toxic, and for years i've been saying that i'm just staying until I get knocked up (because we'd be evicted if we had to live on my husband's salary and SMP). The irony being, that if i'd left when I first planned to, i'd have enough tenure elsewhere to get full maternity pay. Sucks, huh.

Annnnnnnnnnyway. It is what it is.

Phew - feel better for that.

Today I stopped off in sainsbury's on the way home (husband is fine about cooking and shopping for himself, but seems unable to buy loo roll, bleach, binbags, or even shampoo for himself!) Needed some smaller jeans so picked up a pair of 22s which looked too small, but i thought they'd fit me soon. also bought a black, faux-wrap dress for work (have to look smart on open day tomorrow, but buggered if i'm buying a suit that will only fit me for a month - i'll wear it with my slightly large suit jacket). The dress was a 20 - cos it's stretchy.

anyway, the dress fits fine and the jeans fit very comfortably - i could probably even have fitted into the 20!

spangles said:
hahahaha - quite! (WB, by the way - good to see ya).

Teaching isn't a breeze anyway, but I work in an academy - and these are notorious for huge staff turnover, rock bottom morale etc. Yes, you *can* take below average ability children at 11 and turn them into the top 15% by 16, but it's at the expense of teacher wellbeing. I've averaged something like 70 hour weeks since i've been back. A couple of weeks ago I got up at 6am saturday and sunday, and worked through till bedtime. Ugh.

And then our head is evil and snipey and calls heads of dept in for nasty meetings at a moment's notice and tears strips off them. It's completely toxic, and for years i've been saying that i'm just staying until I get knocked up (because we'd be evicted if we had to live on my husband's salary and SMP). The irony being, that if i'd left when I first planned to, i'd have enough tenure elsewhere to get full maternity pay. Sucks, huh.

Annnnnnnnnnyway. It is what it is.

Phew - feel better for that.

Sounds familiar...... The school I was a before the summer has just become an academy and apparently it's horrendous now. I didn't think it could get worse then the 2nd worst in the country.....maybe I'm wrong!!!

spangles said:
Today I stopped off in sainsbury's on the way home (husband is fine about cooking and shopping for himself, but seems unable to buy loo roll, bleach, binbags, or even shampoo for himself!) Needed some smaller jeans so picked up a pair of 22s which looked too small, but i thought they'd fit me soon. also bought a black, faux-wrap dress for work (have to look smart on open day tomorrow, but buggered if i'm buying a suit that will only fit me for a month - i'll wear it with my slightly large suit jacket). The dress was a 20 - cos it's stretchy.

anyway, the dress fits fine and the jeans fit very comfortably - i could probably even have fitted into the 20!

Fabulous!!! Well done!!! My 20 jeans are too big (but not falling down yet!!) am on my last hole on my medium Evans belt and there's still room, and an 18 top from new look on that's baggy!!!!

Time for my size 18 pjs from bravissimo! We should be smug honey!!!! Well done!!!!!

Be alright if I didn't feel so sick today and 30DS hadn't have made me gain muscle and poke my paunch out!!!! More then usual!!!!

Okay, so - here- as promised are the comparison photos for a quarter of the way through. and obviously, it's the least obvious quarter. Where I am notable thinner is my back, waist and the bulge below my boobs. everything else is coming verrrrrry slowly.

I'd like to point out, I would never go out in a vest and jeans. I usually live in fifties dresses if i'm not at work... but i thought that this would be best for seeing my actual shape.

anyway...:

comparison0-25.jpg

I can totally see the difference!!! Well done!!! X

Back