Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Just worked out (i'm procrastinating like fury this morning, can you tell?) That if we're to go to New York at Easter as planned, I will need to start maintenance at feb half term. (W/c 13th feb, for those who haven't been entirely institutionalised). So I was planning to SS until I was at BMI 28. And then any weightloss during maintenance would've been a bonus. I need to be below BMI 30 for the doctor, and weighloss during stepping up would have been the cushion I needed to put on weight on holiday (I don't plan to go mad, but it's New York - I'm not going to be on a diet - i'd sooner not go at all than not feel I can have a salt beef bagel, or pancakes for breakfast). However...

That only gives me 17 more weigh-ins before I start maintenence, and 2 of those are 810 weeks! Even given that I plan to SS through Xmas, NYE and my birthday (*sob*), I didn't make a stone loss last month - my weightloss seems to be, now we're out of the first month, decidedly lower than average. To make the remining 75 lbs in the remaining 17 weeks, I'd need to lose 4.41lbs a week average from here on in. arse. Not going to happen.

Don't know what else I can do. don't want to start exercising on SS because my body is decidedly unaccustomed to it and will certainly go on strike. I know that I shouldn't be jealous of people with bigger losses, but it just seems really unfair. grr...

Well, I just read it through, and I have seen much worse kick off in a thread before - lol. Don't let it get you down, it will be off the front page in a day or so and forgotten. I have to admit I rarely read the threads, and just stick to the diaries, but thats more of a time saver and because its mostly the same day after day.

Anyway, call me selfish but I am not interested in other peoples fails or cheats, I just care about my own, as it's my weight loss that matters to me. Now your thread I have found motivational, because you are having fab losses and making me feel more inspired to stick to SS. Chin up chick :)
thanks petal. i'm a big ball of angst at the moment. But it's work, really. If only there was a diet I could do to that would shrink away my job.:D:rolleyes:

Hi Spangles, really admire you working out the weeks and potential weight loss before your NY trip. I am sure what ever you loose will still be amazing, I wish I could see your photo but it's not showing on my iPad !

hah - I am avoiding a huge stack of marking and I have my performance management meeting in a bit so I'm all flighty. :eek:

you might find you have higher than average losses the weeks directly after your 810 weeks, so even if your 810 week loss is rubbish, adding them together would be better than SS-ing only.

also, when you get nearer target you could probably exercise a bit more easily and it will help, even if it's just walking. in fact, if you're not used to it, just a 30-40 min walk might really help, rather than going all out which could indeed kill you*

*small exaggeration

Just read your diary, you've done amazingly well, love those clothes you bought, like rockerbilly but just am wrong shape for the clothes - living in hope that I'll have a waist again one day
anyway all the best
x

Thanks - all these people reading the whole thing. You deserve a medal!

regarding waists - have you tried a corset? I love a corset, me. Not for everyday, but everyone looks awesome in a corset.

Spangles, I am very jealous of the proposed New York trip, I went there at Christmas a couple of years ago and have been dying to go back since.

I love rocking the cardigan and tea dress look, however, am especially excited at the moment as have bought a lovely thick jumper from Topshop and am going to wear it ALL winter with my black leggings and Uggs. It looks sooooo comfy!

How was the performance management meeting? :)

yeah - I passed this year with a 'good' (like a grade B) - but got all upset at the prospect of having to have a meeting with evil head about going through the pay threshold. my line manager likes me, but evil head thinkis i'm rubbish, so it doesn't look promising - but line manager thinks if i apply this year head will prob give me a list of things to do so i can reapply next year. it's all a bit pants, really.

okay so this week's weigh in: 4.5 pounds. Hurrah! Tho tbf, i was experimenting with how much my water intake would affect my weigh in, so i did cut that back as far as i could.

4.5lbs is awesome.

Sorry that the head is evil! My line manager is lovely too, but the main lady is a bit scary mary...

Just got off the phone to my mum - it's so sweet, she's fallen in love! Three years (yesterday, in fact) since my dad died, and it's really lovely that she's got someone again. Not fallen in love with anyone since she met my dad at 19. She's 65 now, going on 15. apparently she's lost a stone in the last five weeks - she's so excited. Bloody falling in love never affected me that way - otherwise i'd have been underweight my entire twenties...

anyway, we were already having a family get together on the 22nd, so we might meet him then - maybe just for the last hour or so so he doesn't feel overwhelmed (there's quite a lot of us and we're really loud!) Everyone is going out to lunch, so my mum is going to book me a facial at the salon opposite and i'll join them afterwards. how sweet is that? Those of us lucky enough to have great mums - it's brilliant isn't it?

Wow, she sounds like a wonderful Mum, thats so ridiculously cute of her booking you a facial :) and knowing she's found someone again, you must be so happy for her.
I've got an insanely awesomely great Mum too, very lucky indeed we are x

Awesome loss love, I reckon you went in your dressing gown this AM as planned didnt you ;) ! Well jealous re:NY I bloody love that city, back in the day when my step dad used to work for BA he flew us out there at Crimble time for shopping, did that a few years on the trot, twas lush it was. x

so i was feeling a bit sorry for myself at the weekend: the months and months of this stretching out interminably before me... and was whining about my average-but-no-better weightlosses on my regular forum. Someone suggested i insert some variety by trying some exante products, so i ordered a small selection.

They just got delivered to work, so instead of a malt toffee bar I tried a chocolate orange exante bar.

Man-oh-man it was rank! and huuuuuuuge! I kept eating and eating this foul-smelling thing and it was still there. For the curious: imagine the consistancy of a slightly softer version of those rice krispies squares they sell, but with soya puffs instead of rice, then occasional little pieces of candied orange peel and teeny squares of chocolate. a general taste of orange undercut with a really strong tang of chemicals. and it smelled chemically too. All kinds of wrong: although i do feel absolutely stuffed.

i suspect the other products i've bought might not be the delightful and refreshing change i had imagined. arse.

also, it was 209 calories. what a swizz! i mean, i know i ca\n afford to eat the extra 30 or 40 calories: it might even do me good, but instinctively that seems like a bad deal. not nice and more fattening. grr... :mad:

AMAZING loss well done hun!!

SUCKY stinky bars - boo!!

Can you not send the rest back?
xxx

Is Exante carb free too? I haven't looked at that diet.

Yuch - I think if I get desperate for a taste I will just stick to sneaking a slice of sandwich ham :(

Back