Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Still completely and utterly awesome matey. Consistent losses, unwavering determination, great attitude. Seriously, how did you end up ever needing this diet in the first place?!

Hah!

You see all this determination? Imagine it all being ploughed towards a compulsion to overeat. I was a single-minded, binging *machine*...!

spangles said:
Hah!

You see all this determination? Imagine it all being ploughed towards a compulsion to overeat. I was a single-minded, binging *machine*...!

Ha! Even more amazing then that you turned it around x

Gosh! Spangles you really have turned things around. I look at your siganature and see 22 weeks of no cheating, blips or breaks and the consistent losses and see disciplined determination. I can't comprehend how you ever had issues with bingeing etc?

In my mind you are the Godess of discipline and hope!! I know thinking of you will get me to my goal by end of February (and the little challenge Natalie and I have going on!)

You have had great success and your loss this week is great. Do what you feel is right for you :)

Ps I love Zumba u will see a
Massive difference!

Hello lovely, just dropping in to say happy new yeAr :) lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Violetta! Happy new year y'self. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ahh, Kira. It's funny, isn't it? But i'm good with 'all or nothing'... and CD SS is the first diet i've tried which has enabled me to not *do* food. All I can say is that for nearly two years i had the motivation of wanting a baby to spur me on and i still failed every diet i tried. in fact, i ended up putting on weight after every one because they triggered binges which would - even with some of the painfully truthful stuff that has been posted on minis of late - shock you. :(

the by-product of doing CD is having been unshackled from my eating disorder for 22 weeks now. I've been so much less unhappy.

OH! Honey, you've brought a tear to my eye! Big BIG hugs! I SOOOO want your IVF treatment to work first time! (There is no doubt whatsoever that you will reach goal). And I will be sending good, good, kind, kind vibes your way when that time comes! x

So glad you're still doing so well. Feels like AGES since I've been on here and this as the first thread I came to check! Brilliant work :)

the last two days i have been feeling the change of routine (back to work) most acutely. Quite frankly, getting up at seven (as opposed to some indeterminate point of the day between 10am and 6.30pm, as I have for the last two weeks), has meant that by 9am my belly thinks my throat's been cut, and I've had to have my bar. And then of course, the need for the next thing comes upon you. I swear, today I'd had two products before 11.30. It's no good, y'know.

And i'm bally freezing. grr.

I was freezing earlier on. Sittin in work listening to my collegues tell me that my diet isnt going to fix anything because even if i get to my idea weight, as soon as I start to eat again I'll pile it all back on.

Not that they think I'll lose the weight. So thats motivation for me.

Sorry, Ive just ranted on your wall! I only wanted to let u know I felt cold too! lol!

that's all right.

as for your collegues, tell them they're right - that 80-95% of dieters regain all their weight within 2 years. But tell them that CD (and VLCDs in general) are no more likely than any other to cause regain. Idiotholes.

One of them has never dieted in her puff, and the other one has been eating 1000cals a day on scottish slimmers for about a year and hasnt gotten any skinnier than the day she started.

Apparently eating chocolates, cakes and crisps is ok if they count the points in! I dont care, I'm definitly sticking at this now just to spite them! And doubts I did have are now gone.

Spangles, question for you as you know CWP inside out! Just seen the Cambridge Website and see they have new meals (seem to be similar to the Slim & Save products I've heard mentioned). Has your Consultant mentioned these will be available? It doesn't seem to give much information as to which CWP step they can be used on - unless I mis-read?

I am so tired today! Can't keep my eyes open (not actually teaching classes this morning, but sposed to be working through a big stack of stuff). Roll on the weekend. And cold! So cold.

So... I have 32lbs to go. Time for a bit-o-maths.

six weigh-ins until stepping up begins. Can hope to lose 3lb per week (well, I can hope for more than that, but it seems to be the way the wind is blowing for me). so, 18lbs. Which would leave me exactly a stone to lose over the seven week stepping up time - which is fairly unlikely, judging by the experience of others. But I reckon I can be confident of losing 7lbs during those seven weeks - especially if i step up the exercise when i reintroduce carbs.

and then the last 7lbs, plus whatever i gain on holiday, will be for me to shift via dietchef. I can live with that.

EDIT - actually, the last 7lbs was only an insurance policy anyway... I should technically be under BMI 30 by the end of March, based on my own (realistic, I think) figures. 167lbs (in fact 168lbs, or 12 stone exactly) will give me a BMI of just under 30. Go me!

Oh god - and it also occurs to me that if I can get the doctor to measure my height in cms, I'll do better - because I'm 5'3" and a bit - and that bit would give me a more favourable BMI if it could be counted.

Spangles, question for you as you know CWP inside out! Just seen the Cambridge Website and see they have new meals (seem to be similar to the Slim & Save products I've heard mentioned). Has your Consultant mentioned these will be available? It doesn't seem to give much information as to which CWP step they can be used on - unless I mis-read?

My CDC emailed me yesterday to tell me these meals are for maintenance only. I seen them on the website and checked with her. Boo. Was hoping they were maybe something i could have had in a month or so! lol! No luck!

sorry - i missed this.

yup, as claire said - these are for maintenence. They're long-life ready meals, certainly not keto friendly. I'm not sure the benefit of them over and above what you can already buy in the supermarket tbh.

Back