Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Thanks for all these recipes - Ive only just started cooking when I started sw & I defo get scared off when I see a long list of ingredients! These look really easy plus tasty aswell - thanks again x

Glad you both like them. Thanks and good luck with the cooking. One of the main things I love about SW is that I've rediscovered my love of cookery. We've never eaten such a wide variety of foods before. When I get in from work and I'm tired I sometimes think how much easier it'd be to just shove a pie in the oven or phone the pizza place but, so far, I've resisted! Just in case though, I always have some salmon fillets and some JS Liver and Bacon in Onion Gravy from their Classics range (without the mash), which are Free, to fall back on if I really can't be bothered. Actually, if I'm totally honest, pan-fried salmon fillets, new potatoes and garden peas or petit pois, are my absolute favourite meal. Really simple but soooooo delicious. Right, I'll shut up now! :D

48. ASPARAGUS AND TOMATO PASTA - Serves 4

Syn Free.

1 red onion, chopped
250g fresh asparagus, chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
200g whole-wheat dried pasta
1 vegetable stock cube
1 tbsp. chopped basil - could probably used dried

Preheat a non-stick pan or a pan sprayed with Frylight and fry the onion and asparagus for 3-4 mins, before adding the tomatoes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water with the stock cube sprinkled in.
Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the sauce and basil.

As I once mentioned before, when I want to make sure my chopped onions are going to soften properly, which I find they don't always by just frying them with Frylight, I do them a bit first in the microwave. I put them in a bowl with about a tbsp. of water, cover with pierced cling film and cook them on High for about 3 mins, drain the bit of water out and just add them into the recipe.

Last edited:
49. HONEY AND MUSTARD CHICKEN THIGHS/BREASTS - Serves 4.

Syns - 4.5 for the whole recipe

4 chicken thighs or breasts
400g butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp. of runny honey - 2.5
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard - 2

Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Place the chicken and squash in an ovenproof dish and season with salt and black pepper.
In a small bowl mix together the honey and mustard.
Drizzle over the chicken and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Serve with salad or veg and mash, etc.

Last edited:
50. MUSHROOM AND CHILLI SPAGHETTI - Serves 4.

Syn Free if using Parmesan as a HEX.

1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
335g cherry tomatoes, halved
250g whole-wheat spaghetti, dried
14g fresh basil, torn
Parmesan to garnish

Spray a frying pan with Frylight.
Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions until al dente.
Add the onion and chilli and cook for 5 minute,s or until the onion softens, before adding the mushrooms and cooking for a further 3-4 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
Drain the spaghetti and toss with the mushroom mixture and the torn basil leaves.
Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan and black pepper.

Last edited:
51. EASY CHICKEN STIR-FRY - Serves 4.

6.5 Syns for the whole recipe so about 1.5 Syns per serving.

100g broccoli
100g baby sweet-corn
4 skinless, chicken breasts
2.5cm piece of root ginger
bunch of spring onions
2 carrots

SAUCE
150ml chicken stock
1 tbsp. soft dark brown sugar 3 Syns
1 tbsp. cornflour 3.5 Syns
1 tbsp. soy sauce

Cut the broccoli into small florets and blanch it, along with the sweet-corn in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well.
Cut the chicken into large bite-sized pieces.
Peel the ginger and cut it into thin matchsticks. Trim and diagonally slice the spring onions.
Peel the carrots and cut into thin matchsticks.
Spray a wok or large frying pan with Frylight and heat until hot.
Add the chicken and stir-fry for 7-8 minutes, or until golden.
Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Stir-fry the ginger, spring onions and carrots for 2 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and sweet-corn and cook for 1 minute.
Whisk together the sauce ingredients until smooth and well blended.
Add to the pan, along with the chicken.
Bring to the boil and simmer for a further 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Lovely served over pasta.

If you haven't got the time or can't be bothered, ready prepared stir-fry veg from a supermarket tastes good too.
Sorry this has a few more ingredients but it is tasty, honest! :D

Last edited:
52. MERINGUE TOPPED BAKED APPLES - Serves 4.

2 Syns per serving if only using honey. 3.5 Syns per serving if using honey and raisins.

50g raisins
Half teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Half a teaspoon of ground mixed spice
3 tbsp. of runny honey
4 Cox's apples
2 medium egg whites
Sweetener

Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
In a small bowl mix together the raisins, spices and honey. Set aside.
Core the apples, then score around the middle of each. Place in a baking dish and pack the raisin mixture into the centre of each. Bake for 25 minutes until the apples are just soft, then remove and set aside.
Increase the oven temperature to 240C/gas 9. In a bowl, whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks. Gradually whisk in sweetener to taste.
Either transfer the meringue to a piping bag fitted with a fluted nozzle or, do as I do and just use a spoon and blob! Pipe or blob the meringue generously onto each apple.
Bake for 3 minutes, or until the meringue is golden. Serve hot.

Last edited:
53. ZESTY SOUFFLES - Serves 6

5.5 Syns per whole recipe so practically 1 Syn per portion.

Butter Frylight - suppose any would do though really
4 tbsp. sweetener or to taste
4 eggs, separated
30g corn-flour - 5.5 Syns
250g Quark
Finely grated zest of 1 lime and 1 small orange

Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5
Spray six 7fl oz soufflé dishes with the Frylight, then sprinkle them all using 1 tbsp. of sweetener, in total.
Put the egg yolks, 1 tbsp. sweetener and the corn-flour in a bowl and whisk until creamy. Best to sieve the corn-flour in.
Add the Quark and zests and whisk again until well mixed.
In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Gradually whisk in the rest of the sweetener.
Carefully fold the whisked egg whites into the Quark mixture.
Spoon into the dishes and put on a baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until well risen and golden.

Now, I've never made these but thought they sounded pretty good for roughly 1 Syn each so perhaps someone could post how they turned out if they try them. :)

Last edited:
54. BALSAMIC CHICKEN - Serves 4.

2 Syns per whole recipe

4 skinless chicken breasts
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons of clear honey - 2 Syns
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar

Heat the grill to medium and place the chicken breasts between two pieces of cling film. Beat with a rolling pin until flattened to an even thickness.
Spray the chicken with Frylight and place in a flameproof dish or the base of the grill pan.
Sprinkle with the garlic and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with the honey and lemon juice.
Grill for 5-6 minutes or until golden, then spoon the balsamic vinegar over.
Turn the chicken breasts over, baste with the pan juices and continue grilling for 5-6 minutes or until the juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
Serve with the juices spooned over.

If preferred, this can be cooked in the oven 190C/gas 5 for about 30 minutes or until cooked through. For a stronger flavour, the chicken breasts can also be marinated for several hours prior to cooking.

Last edited:
Sweet chilli chicken

3tbs balsamic
3tbs soy sauce
3tbs honey
1-2tbs sweet chilli sauce

Marinate your chicken/pork in tye mixture for atleast 30mins and transfer whole lot into a pan and cook on a medium heat untill meat is cooked and sauce has reduced down until sticky (it looks like it never will but it does :) )
One of my faves amd goes with everything. Jackets/rice/noodles

right....after weeks of loving these recipe ideas I am going to get off my butt and try some! I think they all sound amazing and I will try to post a few as I go as well!

(have just give you about a million likes - promise im not a stalker lol ;))

This is definitely my favourite thread, unfortunately I have no recipes to bring to the table, but my confidence in cooking is growing and I'm loving the recipes!

Not so much a recipie but a tip....for those who dont do it already buy tinned new potatoes (15p), quarter and roast in frylight and there mini chips! Delicious and sooo cheap!!

Not so much a recipie but a tip....for those who dont do it already buy tinned new potatoes (15p), quarter and roast in frylight and there mini chips! Delicious and sooo cheap!!

Omg such a good idea!!! How long do you need to roast? Do you just season and spray with fry light and roast away? Would it work to leave them as they are and do them as roast potatoes? I'm pretty new to the kitchen lol

Ive never tried leaving them whole dont know if they would go really crispy? I just spray a dish then spray the frylight over them so there well coated and bake for around 30mins. You will see when there done just keep an eye on them :)

Back