Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Very very easy, my type of cooking lol... Had mine with new potatoes roasted in the butter frylight, not to sure yet what I make of it.. X

EASY BALTI CHICKEN - Serves 3

1 Syn per serving

5 tbsp. FF Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp. tomato puree
2 level tbsp. mango chutney - Patak's = 3 Syns
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. chilli powder
3 skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 green chilli, de-seeded or with seeds, for the brave, thinly sliced - optional
2 tbsp. finely chopped, fresh coriander

Mix together the 3 tbsp. of the yoghurt, tomato puree, chutney, garlic, garam masala, chilli powder and half tsp. salt to form a paste.
Spray a large, non-stick pan or wok well with Frylight, heat and pour in the yoghurt mixture, stirring well. Once bubbling, add the chicken pieces and stir to coat.
Pour 100ml water into the bowl you mixed the yoghurt mixture in and stir round to pick up any remnants of the mixture.
Add the water to the pan and bring it all to the boil.
Add the chilli, if using, and the remainder of the yoghurt. Stir and bring back to the boil, letting it simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Adjust the seasoning, adding more (Synned) chutney or chillies, if liked.

Serve sprinkled with the coriander. Lovely with plain rice or Synned naan bread.

I sometimes add in fresh, skinned tomatoes and a few chopped peppers, if I have any in. If I can spare the Syns, instead of adding the remaining yoghurt near the end, I use 2 tbsp. of single cream (Synned). If you want it with a touch of sweetness, just add in about 1 tsp. sweetener or, to taste.

EASY BALTI CHICKEN - Serves 3

1 Syn per serving

5 tbsp. FF Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp. tomato puree
2 level tbsp. mango chutney - Patak's = 3 Syns
2 tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. chilli powder
3 skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 green chilli, de-seeded or with seeds, for the brave, thinly sliced - optional
2 tbsp. finely chopped, fresh coriander

Mix together the 3 tbsp. of the yoghurt, tomato puree, chutney, garlic, garam masala, chilli powder and half tsp. salt to form a paste.
Spray a large, non-stick pan or wok well with Frylight, heat and pour in the yoghurt mixture, stirring well. Once bubbling, add the chicken pieces and stir to coat.
Pour 100ml water into the bowl you mixed the yoghurt mixture in and stir round to pick up any remnants of the mixture.
Add the water to the pan and bring it all to the boil.
Add the chilli, if using, and the remainder of the yoghurt. Stir and bring back to the boil, letting it simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Adjust the seasoning, adding more (Synned) chutney or chillies, if liked.

Serve sprinkled with the coriander. Lovely with plain rice or Synned naan bread.

I sometimes add in fresh, skinned tomatoes and a few chopped peppers, if I have any in. If I can spare the Syns, instead of adding the remaining yoghurt near the end, I use 2 tbsp. of single cream (Synned). If you want it with a touch of sweetness, just add in about 1 tsp. sweetener or, to taste.

That is just my sort of dish. Kathy. x

And mine.. Having the red paper and chicken curry tonight form the Taste of Asia Cookbook.. X

And mine ....... NO HASSLE!! :D Hope you like it, ladies, if you give it a go sometime. Enjoy your curry tonight, sookie. Think I'll do a korma later, as I've just been to the farm shop for some chicken breasts. Love going there. It's brilliant quality and as cheap, sometimes cheaper, than the supermarket. When I cook the chicken breasts, there's no liquid in the pan, unlike the ones from the supermarket AND the butcher knows the name of the lady he buys them from (3 miles up the road)! Ok, I'll shut up now - should be on commission! :D Have a good day everyone. x

This is based on a WW recipe.

SPICY SAUSAGE PAELLA - Serves 4

Syn Free

4 SW Syn Free sausages
1 onion, finely sliced
1 green pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
1 tsp. paprika
Half tsp. turmeric
300g paella rice
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp. chopped, fresh parsley

Cook the sausages, either under the grill or in a frying pan sprayed with Frylight. When brown all over, slice into bite-sized pieces.
Add the onion, pepper and garlic to the pan, with a little water and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Return the sausage pieces to the pan, with the paprika, turmeric and rice, stirring to mix.
Pour in the tomatoes and half a can of water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
Stir in the parsley and season to taste. Serve immediately on warmed plates.

I haven't made this recipe yet but think I'd probably allow 2 sausages per person and, maybe, add in some cooked, chopped bacon and possibly some chopped mushrooms. Suppose you could add in some corn, peas, Synned chorizo, etc. :)

Last edited:
GARLICKY BEANS AND CHORIZO WITH CHICKEN - Serves 6

Approx. 4.5 Syns for the whole recipe. This is another WW's recipe, while I'm at it! :D

60g thinly chorizo - approx. 4.5 Syns (100g = 6.5 Syns)
1 onion, finely sliced
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
410g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
500g skinless and boneless chicken thighs
200ml chicken stock, made from half a cube - that's what it says!!!!!!? :S
1 tsp. dried oregano

Cook the chorizo in a large, lidded frying pan with the onion for about 5 minutes (no oil required).
Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
Tip in the butter beans and the tomatoes. Add the chicken.
Pour in the chicken stock so it just covers the chicken, adding more hot water, if necessary. Add the oregano.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
Season well and serve with lots of veg and maybe some baby roasties would be good!

Have to try some of these

This is a quick one from the WW's mag.

SPICY SAUSAGE PAELLA - Serves 4

0.5 Syns per serving

4 Weight Watchers Premium Pork Sausages or BGTY sausages - 2 Syns (Half a Syn each)
1 onion, finely sliced
1 green pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
1 tsp. paprika
Half tsp. turmeric
300g paella rice
2 tbsp. chopped, fresh parsley

Cook the sausages, either under the grill or in a frying pan sprayed with Frylight. When brown all over, slice into bite-sized pieces.
Add the onion, pepper and garlic to the pan, with a little water and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Return the sausage pieces to the pan, with the paprika, turmeric and rice, stirring to mix.
Pour in the tomatoes and half a can of water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
Stir in the parsley and season to taste. Serve immediately on warmed plates.

I haven't made this recipe yet but think I'd probably allow 2 sausages per person and, maybe, add in some cooked, chopped bacon and possibly some chopped mushrooms. Suppose you could add in some corn, peas, Synned chorizo, etc. :)

Have to try this!

GREEK-STYLE CHICKEN BAKE - Serves 4

Syn Free, if using Feta as a part-HEX. If you prefer to Syn the Feta, it is 3.5 Syns for 25g full-fat or 2 Syns for 25g Light Feta.

600g potato, cut into 4cm dice
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
Crushed dried chillies or flakes, to taste (optional)
One and a half tsp. dried oregano
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breast
60g Feta cheese, crumbled, to serve - 45g Feta = 1 x HEX
Half bunch of flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Par-boil the potato cubes for about 5 minutes. Drain, then rinse under cold water.
Put the potatoes into a large, oven-proof dish.
Add the onion, pepper, garlic, tomatoes, chilli and oregano. Toss until combined.
Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and season well with black pepper.
Bake for 40 minutes, stir gently, then cook for a further 15-20 minutes, checking the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
Scatter the Feta cheese over, just prior to serving.

If you like, you could also add in about 30g pitted black olives, in brine, which are 1.5 Syns for 25g.

Apologies if I've already added this (especially to Doreen, who kindly does my numbered index for me). Had a scroll down the index but couldn't see it so, here goes!

SWEET CHILLI CHICKEN FRIED RICE - Serves 4

1.5 Syns per serving

300g long-grain rice
4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tbsp. reduced-salt light soy sauce
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
4 level tbsp. sweet chilli sauce - 6 Syns
400g frozen mixed veg or a mix of pre-cooked fresh, chopped

Cook the rice until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water, until completely cold.
Combine the chicken and soy sauce in a bowl.
Spray a large, non-stick wok or frying pan well with Frylight. Heat and stir-fry the chicken until browned all over. Remove from heat.
Re-spray the pan and fry the onion (I usually soften it in the microwave for a few mins first, with a splash of water), garlic and pepper, until the onion and pepper are tender.
Add the chilli sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add the cooked rice, cooked chicken and veg. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until piping hot. Season with black pepper.
Serve in warm bowls, immediately.

CHICKEN TIKKA BURGERS - Serves 4

Syn Free, if using the bread rolls as HEX's

4 skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp. tomato puree
200g pot FF Greek yoghurt
Thumb-size piece of ginger, finely grated
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. garam masala
Half tsp. ground cinnamon
Half tsp. cayenne pepper
Juice of 1 lemon

Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
Flatten each chicken breast to equal thickness, with a rolling pin, after placing the breasts between two sheets of cling film.
Put the breasts into the marinade, cover and leave in the fridge for, at least, 3 hours.
Grill the chicken breasts (or BBQ), turning regularly, until cooked through.
Serve on HEX bread rolls (or without, of course), stuffed with salad and with a side of SW wedges, etc.

CHICKEN NUGGETS - Serves 4

Syn Free, if using breadcrumbs as part HEX

500g skinless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
Half tsp. paprika
Wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 tsp. mixed, dried herbs
1 large egg, beaten

Pat the chicken dry with kitchen roll.
Pre-heat oven to 220C/Gas 7.
Mix the breadcrumbs, herbs and paprika together with seasoning, to taste.
Put the breadcrumb mixture onto a plate.
Dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture gently, using two forks (this coats the chicken more easily than using your hands).
Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a baking tray, covered with non-stick baking parchment and spray gently with Frylight (or brush gently with Synned oil).
Put into the oven and, after 10 minutes, turn over and re-spray/brush. Bake for a further 10 minutes.

If you want spicy nuggets, add chilli powder or garam masala, to taste, to the breadcrumb mixture.

Obviously good with SW wedges/chips and a huge salad.

CHICKEN NUGGETS - Serves 4

Syn Free, if using breadcrumbs as part HEX

500g skinless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
Half tsp. paprika
Wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 tsp. mixed, dried herbs
1 large egg, beaten

Pat the chicken dry with kitchen roll.
Pre-heat oven to 220C/Gas 7.
Mix the breadcrumbs, herbs and paprika together with seasoning, to taste.
Put the breadcrumb mixture onto a plate.
Dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture gently, using two forks (this coats the chicken more easily than using your hands).
Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a baking tray, covered with non-stick baking parchment and spray gently with Frylight (or brush gently with Synned oil).
Put into the oven and, after 10 minutes, turn over and re-spray/brush. Bake for a further 10 minutes.

If you want spicy nuggets, add chilli powder or garam masala, to taste, to the breadcrumb mixture.

Obviously good with SW wedges/chips and a huge salad.

Making this tomorrow!! :) Thanks Kathy. Sounds amazing x

MOROCCAN LAMB BURGERS - Serves 4

Approx. 1 - 1.5 Syns per serving, if using shop-bought breadcrumbs

500g extra lean lamb mince
2 level tsp. Harissa paste - 1 Syn
2 eggs, beaten
25g Paxo dried breadcrumbs - 4.5 Syns (Or make your own and count as part HEX or Syn it. Less Syns than shop bought. Blend bread to make breadcrumbs and, either dry out in a low temp. oven or leave on a baking tray over-night, loosely covered with a tea towel).
2 tbsp. chopped mint

Coleslaw to accompany -

1 small red onion
2 carrots, coarsely grated
125g FF Greek yoghurt
Zest of 1 orange, plus 3 tbsp. juice

In a large bowl, mix together the mince, harissa, eggs, breadcrumbs and mint.
Leave for 5 minutes, then divide the mixture into 4 equal burger shapes.
Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with Frylight and set over a medium heat. Add the burgers and loosely cover with a sheet of foil. Cook for 8-10 mins, turning once, or until the juices run clear. You can also cook these on a hot BBQ for roughly the same amount of time. Spray with Frylight before cooking.
Meanwhile, combine all the coleslaw ingredients in a bowl, then season with white pepper.

Lovely served on HEX bread rolls, stuffed with salad leaves and with the coleslaw and extra salad on the side. Alternatively, they'd be good with SW wedges/chips and salad.

Back