Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

100. CRAVEN CHICKEN SALAD - Serves 1

The only Syns are in the reduced fat Balsamic dressing, which is 1 Syn per tbsp. so, obviously the whole amount of Syns is dependent on how much you use.

Little Gem lettuce, shredded
1-2 shallots, fried in Frylight
Slices of chargrilled chicken - I used the chicken from the chilled cabinet in Sainsbury's
Smoked bacon rashers with all visible fat removed
1 HEX amount of shaved, fresh Parmesan
Reduced fat Balsamic dressing

Fry the shallot(s) in Frylight and allow to cool.
Grill the bacon until crisp and allow to cool.
When both are cold, mix with all the other ingredients and serve with a HEX chunk of crusty bread.

I had this on Friday evening at a gorgeous restaurant in Ludlow and it was delicious! :)

Last edited:
I love this one too ladies.It is syn free if using the cheese as a hex a.I also add smoked bacon to it to.

cheese & onion comfort pie

14oz Potatoes
4oz Onion
4oz Leek
handful of peas
1 garlic clove
sprinkle of tyhme
2 eggs beaten
85ml vegetable stock
84g reduced fat chedder
Boil potatoes and mash up, set aside and spray large frying pan with frylight and fry onions, leeks & peas for 6-8 mins.
Add the mash, garlic, thyme, eggs, stock and half the cheese, mix altogether and put in ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 mins on 200 oc.

I posted this on a different thread yesterday.I thought I'd share with all of you.Trust me it is lush.I can't remember who posted it originaly but thank you very much.

1 syn chicken korma

Fry chicken off in fry light
Add mushrooms, onions & any other veg you like
Sprinkle 2 chicken oxo and 2 curry oxo over(or curry powder)
Put in 2 muller light greek coconut yoghurts.
(apparently the normal muller light coconut yoghurts are syn free)

I could only get the coconut and vanilla yoghurt will that's taste okay?
Xxx

*Shine Bright Like A Diamond*

Just had the broccoli and cheese pasta, had it with Quark. First time trying Quark and will be the last time! Lol x

Err, sorry about that recipe. As I said, I'd never tried it but, looking back, I realised I hadn't included the HEX cheese in it! This has now been amended but, too late to help you, I'm afraid!! :(

Kathy

Just had a brain wave, I know dangerous lol I see people are heating up there Alpen bars well how about this.
1 apple
Sweetner to taste
Stew the apple
Add the melted Alpen bar to the top
And tar da Apple Crumble at 2.5 syns

Oh, yes! Thanks, K9. Used to do this but with the Alpen Light bars heated for a minute or two, squashing them into a cereal bowl, then topping with Quark with a chocolate Options stirred through, maybe with a little sweetener, if you need it. Used to top mine with strawberries. Think someone called it Alpen Cheesecake. Have never tried your version though. Have to give it a go! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for adding the Cheese and Onion Comfort Pie, Celtic-chick. Another one I'd forgotten about (must be my age!) and totally delicious! :)

Have just added a 'sort of' index on the first page. Hope it helps a bit, only i'm rubbish on computers so it's not very professional!! :d

CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - Serves 4

Syn Free

4 skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 red onions, chopped
1 x 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped (could use half a teaspoon of ground ginger)
1 tsp cumin seeds and 1 tsp garam masala
Half tsp of ground turmeric
1 small red chilli, chopped (or use ground chilli to taste)
1 veg stock cube
400g passata
2 tbsp. Fat Free natural yoghurt

Chop the chicken into chunks and place in a bowl with the smoked paprika and crushed garlic.
Preheat a non-stick frying pan and dry-fry (or use Frylight) the chopped onion until soft and lightly browned. Stir in the spices and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the chicken to the pan, along with the paprika and garlic, and move the chicken around the pan so it is coated in the spices. Once the chicken has changed colour, add the chilli, stock cube, crumbled, and the passata and simmer gently for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Just before serving, remove from the heat and stir in the yoghurt and some freshly chopped coriander, if you like.

Good served with boiled Basmati rice.

Sorry - a few more ingredients this time but, well worth it! :)

Last edited:
Err, sorry about that recipe. As I said, I'd never tried it but, looking back, I realised I hadn't included the HEX cheese in it! This has now been amended but, too late to help you, I'm afraid!! :(

Kathy

Haha don't worry! Think I will try an use Philadelphia next time :) xxx

Another one I love ladies.

Syn Free Lemon Meringue Pie

300 gms quark
1 lemon, grated rind and juice
4 medium eggs, separated
4 tbspns granulated sweetener

Preheat oven to 180蚓 / 350蚌 / Gas Mark 4.
Beat the Quark in a bowl to make it smooth and creamy.
Add lemon rind and juice, egg yolks and 2 tbsp of the sweetener.
Share between 4 small heatproof dishes or ramekins.
Stand them on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whip egg whites in a grease-free bowl until they hold their shape.
Whisk in remaining sweetener.
Remove desserts from oven and pile meringue on top.
Return to oven to bake for 5 more minutes, until golden brown.
Served chilled.

That sounds good, Celtic-chick! Thanks for helping me build this into a more comprehensive thread. I really appreciate it. :)

Here's a really scrummy one, courtesy of Michelle.

CHEESE SCONES - Syn Free on Green and EE. I've used these as a Cobbler topping too and they really soak up the gravy. Don't like Smash potato but, seriously, you can't taste it! :D

300g BGTY Chive and Onion cottage cheese - or equivalent
Seasoning
2 eggs
100g Smash or other instant potato

Whizz the cottage cheese with a hand blender, season and blend in the eggs.
Stir in the instant mash in dried powder form.
Separate into balls and flatten into scone size shapes.
Put on a Frylighted baking tray in a pre-heated oven, Gas 5, on the middle shelf for 20-25 minutes. Spray the tops of the scones with Frylight before placing in the oven.
I sometimes sprinkle a HEX portion of mature, grated Cheddar on mine before baking and, as well as making them taste even more delicious, it turns them really golden and a little crunchy.

Absolutely gorgeous, I promise! There has been some talk about Synning these as the instant mash isn't being used in the correct way but several consultants have recommended these in class so they can't make much difference, as long as you don't go totally crazy, I suppose! :D

Suppose you could add herbs, dried garlic, a pinch of chilli .........

That sounds good, Celtic-chick! Thanks for helping me build this into a more comprehensive thread. I really appreciate it. :)

Here's a really scrummy one, courtesy of Michelle.

CHEESE SCONES - Syn Free on Green and EE. I've used these as a Cobbler topping too and they really soak up the gravy. Don't like Smash potato but, seriously, you can't taste it! :D

300g BGTY Chive and Onion cottage cheese - or equivalent
Seasoning
2 eggs
100g Smash or other instant potato

Whizz the cottage cheese with a hand blender, season and blend in the eggs.
Stir in the instant mash in dried powder form.
Separate into balls and flatten into scone size shapes.
Put on a Frylighted baking tray in a pre-heated oven, Gas 5, on the middle shelf for 20-25 minutes. Spray the tops of the scones with Frylight before placing in the oven.
I sometimes sprinkle a HEX portion of mature, grated Cheddar on mine before baking and, as well as making them taste even more delicious, it turns them really golden and a little crunchy.

Absolutely gorgeous, I promise! There has been some talk about Synning these as the instant mash isn't being used in the correct way but several consultants have recommended these in class so they can't make much difference, as long as you don't go totally crazy, I suppose! :D

Suppose you could add herbs, dried garlic, a pinch of chilli .........

I made these a few weeks ago & they were amazing! Highly recommended x

QUARK QUICHE - Syn Free, if using cheese as a HEX

I used to use cottage cheese to make SW quiches but have found that quiche tastes so much creamier with Quark. I've never done it without adding a HEX or two (if I'm sharing) of cheese, so not sure it would taste too good with only Quark.

One of the variations I've made is to Frylight some sliced shallots, sliced mushrooms and bacon pieces until the veg is softened and the bacon is crisp.
Spray a quiche dish with Frylight. Pre-heat the oven to Gas 5.
Mix 4 eggs together with a tub of Quark, season with black pepper, use salt sparingly because of the bacon - I tend not to add any. Sometimes I stir in some chopped peppers or peas/corn.
Add the shallot mixture into the Quark mixture and grate in the Cheddar.
Pour into the quiche dish and bake in the centre of the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until golden and firmish when the dish is gently shaken.

I've also made one along the same lines but have used smoked salmon with fresh, chopped dill.

Last edited:
Back