Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

KEEMA CURRY

500g extra lean mince
1 onion chopped finely
2 tablespoons medium curry powder
400g potatoes, peeled &cut into 2 .5 inch cubes
200mls beef stock
large tin of chopped tomatoes
salt & pepper
150g frozen peas

In a large pan brown the mince and onion, drain off any access fat.

add the curry powder and pots and fry for 2 mins more

pour in the stock and toms, season and cover and simmer for 25 mins. You can add a little more stock if becomes too dry.

mix in the peas and cook for a further 5 mins until tender.

Lovely served with rice and green beans.

This sounds so good! Thanks

Hi Kathy - just made the Thai chicken cakes, but rolled them into meatballs. Yummy, thanks for the recipe
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377959232.902100.jpg

Will try these too.. Sound yum.thanks.

I think I'm gonna have to go do another big shop !?
All the recipes sound great, I'm changing my weekly menu to try some of these! Good job I love cooking cos at this rate I won't be out of the kitchen trying these out !!

thanks Kathy x

Hi Roziee- Thai chicken cakes with sweet chili dipping sauce is on page 4 (but that is on iPhone, page number is prob different if you are using a PC) either way it's early on in the thread- after no cook chicken couscous!!
Try them they are scrum-diddly-umptious!!!!!!

CARAMELISED CHICKEN AND TOMATOES - Serves 4

2 Syns per serving

1 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp. dark soft brown sugar - 6 Syns
3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Half a teaspoon chilli flakes
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
2 tbsp. tomato ketchup - 2 Syns
4 skinless chicken breasts
4 large red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
Cherry tomatoes

Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Put all the marinade ingredients in a big sandwich bag, add the chicken and the onion wedges. Shake around so the chicken is well coated. Leave for an hour or overnight in the fridge.
When ready to cook, put the chicken into a roasting dish with the marinade, onions and the cherry tomatoes.
Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
Lovely served with baking potatoes and veg.

Away for three days from tomorrow so will hopefully post some more when I get back. :)

This sounds lush - gonna give it a go

Enjoy your days away hun x

THAI CHICKEN CAKES WITH SWEET CHILLI SAUCE - Serves 2-3.

Only Syns are for each level tbsp. sweet chilli sauce used - 1.5 Syns

2 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped or crushed
Small piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped (I cheat and use three quarters of a teaspoon of ground ginger)
1 small onion, roughly chopped
4 tbsp. fresh coriander or 1-2 tsp. ground coriander - obviously, fresh tastes better
1 green chilli, seeded and roughly chopped

Toss the chicken, garlic, ginger, onion, coriander and chilli into a food processor and season well. Blitz until the chicken is finely ground and everything is well mixed.
Use your hands to shape into six small cakes. Fry them in Frylight over a medium heat for about 6-8 minutes, turning once.
Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce, lime wedges, shredded spring onion and red chilli, if you're brave enough! :D

Made these last night for tea. they are so so good. will be making these quite often thanks

What about soup. This one I got off another thread. It is lovely

Potato & Sweetcorn Soup.

Large potato peeled and cut up.
1 onion sliced fairly small.
Large tin sweetcorn ------ cheapest will do
1.1/2pts stock. I use 3 chicken oxo cubes.

Bring to the boil then simmer till potato cooked.
Blitz.

I do add a little salt & pepper but then season properly when cooked.
If you like a thicker soup, simmer for longer.

THIS IS ALSO LOVELY WITH SOME CURRY POWDER ADDED TO A PORTION

just an update cause I like to how much to use.
Have made some more today with 400g spud already peeled. Had to use two small tins of sweetcorn because I didn`t have a big one. As they were Green Giant the sweetcorn taste is a little stronger. I think this makes just the right thickness and 4 good portions.

Update for quantities

Thanks, PuppetWitch, I feel loads better now and for the days the pain starts up again, I can just float away on morphine!!! :D xx

Thanks, Texty-F. I had a great time on my weekend away and the hotel was fab. Back to being good now though! :( xx

Kathy

SPICED SALMON - Serves 6

Half a Syn per serving

1 and a half kg side of salmon, skin on
Half a teaspoon ground ginger
1 tsp paprika
Half a teaspoon of coarsely ground black peppercorns
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard - 2 Syns
1 tsp of honey - 1 Syn

Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Line a big roasting tin with baking parchment or foil to prevent the fish from sticking. Spray the salmon skin with Frylight and place it, skin-side down, in the tin.
Mix the ginger with the paprika, pepper, mustard and honey. Spray the fleshy side of the fish with Frylight and spread the marinade evenly over it.
Roast, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through - check by poking a knife into the fish and making sure it flakes easily.
Slice into portions and serve. Lovely with new potatoes or cous cous and salad. Tastes great when cold too.
Could also just use individual fillets of salmon too - just reduce cooking time accordingly.

HARISSA CHICKEN TRAYBAKE - Serves 4

1.5 Syns for the whole recipe

3 level tbsp. Harissa paste - Tesco and Asda Chosen By You - 0.5 per level tbsp.
250g FF natural yoghurt
4 skinless chicken breasts, slashed
1 small butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into chunks
2 red onions, cut into chunks

Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Mix 2 tbsp. of the Harissa with 3 tbsp. of the yoghurt. Rub all over the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for 5 hours or longer.
Spray the squash and onions well with Frylight, before tossing with the remaining Harissa and some seasoning in a large roasting tin, also sprayed with Frylight. Roast for 25 mins.
Remove tin from the oven and add in the chicken breasts. Roast for a further 25 minutes until the chicken and veg are cooked through.
Serve with the remaining yoghurt on the side. Great with baking potatoes, baby roasts, salad, rice, etc.

Sometimes I add in red pepper chunks, courgette, cherry tomatoes, sweet potatoes (instead of BNS), etc.

VERY EASY PAELLA - Serves 4

Approx 1.5 Syns per serving

1 leek or onion, sliced
100g diced chorizo
1 tsp turmeric
300g long grain rice
1 litre hot fish or chicken stock
200g frozen peas
400g frozen seafood mix, defrosted

Spray a deep frying pan well with Frylight. Soften the leek or onion, without browning.
Add the chorizo and fry until it releases its oils.
Stir in the turmeric and rice. Pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Tip in the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes, then stir in the seafood to heat through for about another 2-3 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Add a little water at any time if it looks like sticking.
Check for seasoning and serve immediately. Lovely with lemon wedges on the side.

Could add cooked chicken and prawns to the mix too, if wanted. This is really easy but extremely tasty. Hope you agree! :)

Popping in to subscribe, some amazing recipes here can't wait to try them!

Back